Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

Like everyone else here, I'm having problems with the clocks dropping back to default and boost turning off after minutes of gameplay. Do you guys suggest I return this to Dell, or should I just keep praying for a fix? I've only had it for 3 days and enjoyed playing games on it...when it works.

Ran flash.bat as administrator and still the same probllem

cmd run as administrator

just managed to successfully flash your BIOS with menu unlocked. let's see how this runs after a while and let you know how everything goes.

fyi, running on a 3630QM

Edit: just bricked my 7720. Yay

• Founder
just managed to successfully flash your BIOS with menu unlocked. let's see how this runs after a while and let you know how everything goes.

fyi, running on a 3630QM

Edit: just bricked my 7720. Yay

bricked it how ? and why ? give us some details

bricked it how ? and why ? give us some details

Just like every other 3630QM owner here, flashing any of these modded BIOS will brick your 7720. At first it will work, but once you remove your battery and put it back in, it will no longer boot. Itll power on, but the screen wont.

I will attempt to recover when i get my usb flash drive.

i dont have a 2GB usb flash drive and they don't sell it anywhere nearby, so i tried it with my 8GB usb flash drive and failed.

the only way i can get my hands on a 2GB usb flash drive is if i order one online, but that would take days to arrive. so i gave up and called Dell. a dell technician will be here to replace the mobo, which only takes 2 days.

p.s. thanks for the help, though :)

I know, but i thought it was still worth a shot. Either way, I was either gonna fix the Boost problem on my own, or return the laptop to Dell. A technician will come and replace the mobo today, hopefully i will have no more issues.

Hello people. I've been dealing with lack of performance on my Dell Inspiron 7720 and found out, that the GPU clocks are stuckejdj at the 745 MHz. I ran on to this forum, registered and read almost everything in this thread. It seems slv7 mods are good and functional and problems may be with russion version. Brick really should not bother me because laptop's under warranty and Dell guarranties me the next bussiness day on site service, but after all, it will be unfortunate and I've got newest A13 BIOS revision.

So, please tell me, what shoud I do to overclock the graphic card? It is i5 3210M version, bought on 1st December 2012 in Czech Republic. Thanks a lot for your reply.

P.S. Pardon my english :)

i5 should be fine with the sl7 bios.

it's us with the newest i7's that have problems

Well hold on. I'm not quite sure that's the case. Since I doubt it's the cpu as such as to why it bricks. I think its a hardware revision that came about adding a windows 8 key to the machine which bricks the devices upon flashing the mod. But since the newer i7 3630qm only gets sold with windows 8, many like my self used that to tell whether you could flash the mod or not. But the notebook obviously gets sold with i5 versions as well.

Tl;DR; If you've bought your inspiron 7720 (17r-se) with windows 8 chances are you will brick your notebook with both svl as the Russian mod.

Ben

I have successfully applied vBIOS. I checked the GPUZ. "GPU Clock it (not boost)" is 835MH. I will not be locked running the benchmark. Amazing! Thank you svl7!

My 7720's CPU is i5. There was no problem to apply.

7720 with 3610qm cpu won't brick with the vbios mod, but 3630 will.

I was wondering if someone here could make a vbios mod for the 7720s with 3630qm CPU..... I will donate once it have done

7720 with 3610qm cpu won't brick with the vbios mod, but 3630 will.

I was wondering if someone here could make a vbios mod for the 7720s with 3630qm CPU..... I will donate once it have done

I will donate even more as well. someone's gotta figure it out sooner or later I hope.

• 1 month later...
What processor do u have? i5/i73610qm/i73630qm?

it's the i7-3630qm with 3D screen so there's no optimus in the system, is it different from the normal one?

Edit: I've bricked my laptop 2 days ago after trying to revert back to the original A14 bios from the unlock bios one, now it still on dell carry in service :|