Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

2d/3d speeds are available on all Nvidia cards above 6xxx series (you just have to unlock them on lower end cards, using Coolbits). Essentially, as long as you don't use accelerated 3D functions, the core stays at 2D clock; when 3D functions are called, it switches to 3D clock. So while running HD games the clock goes to 970/1400

2d/3d speeds are available on all Nvidia cards above 6xxxx series (you just have to unlock them on lower end cards, using Coolbits). Essentially, as long as you don't use accelerated 3D functions, the core stays at 2D clock; when 3D functions are called, it switches to 3D clock. So while running HD games the clock goes to 970/1400

So how is this vBIOS different from the one posted earlier by svl7 ?:ambivalence:

So how is this vBIOS different from the one posted earlier by svl7 ?:ambivalence:

Don't get confused between BIOS and video BIOS/vBIOS, Just read the below difference carefully:-

The system BIOS provides a set of functions that are used by software programs to access the system hardware, the video BIOS provides a set of video-related functions that are used by programs to access the video hardware. The video BIOS interfaces software to the video chipset in the same way that the system BIOS does for the system chipset.

2d/3d speeds are available on all Nvidia cards above 6xxxx series (you just have to unlock them on lower end cards, using Coolbits). Essentially, as long as you don't use accelerated 3D functions, the core stays at 2D clock; when 3D functions are called, it switches to 3D clock. So while running HD games the clock goes to 970/1400

Coolbits... you're a couple of GPU generations behind.

Don't get confused between BIOS and video BIOS/vBIOS, Just read the below difference carefully:-

The system BIOS provides a set of functions that are used by software programs to access the system hardware, the video BIOS provides a set of video-related functions that are used by programs to access the video hardware. The video BIOS interfaces software to the video chipset in the same way that the system BIOS does for the system chipset.

That's 1:1 copied from wikipedia. Use a quote and name your source if you recite from the work of other people.

Isn't it obvious? Higher clocks as so many people asked for.

Is there any methods(hardware or software) to change the voltage? for example the current voltage is 1.037V and want to add 0.05V to 1.087V……

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5534[/ATTACH]:26_002:

Because the GPU temperature will reach 90 degrees when running and then the clock will go down with the 3dmark points down at the same time. Be satisfied, shonen:courage:

does anyone have the same problem like me?

the gpu clock still fine goes up to 970 mhz but the memory clock still at 1000. no problem,i could fix it with nvidia inspector,but its strange...

my temps are around 65-68C°. i will test if the maximum overclocking increased to ;)

EDIT: also my voltage drops frequently down to 1.0120V :/

Oh wait a second... I think I might have missed one entry of the memory if you say yours is still 1000. Was late yesterday, I can fix that when I find time.

no problem :)

about the bios mod:

OH MY GOD;THIS IS SO FUCKING AMAZING AWESOME UNBELIEVEBLE!!!

i can run battlefield 3 now realy fine on high setting an nothing stuttering and things like that!

but i have noticed something other!

before the bios mod our GT 650M goes down to 745 mhz an was stock there! so no automaticly downclocking if it is not used.

now it stucks on 970mhz.

no problem to me,everthing is just fine :)

temps are ok,after an hour playing i have around 70C° so there is more space 4 overclocking.

so i thing i have to donate you tomorrow a lots of beer :D

EDIT: please read the message i send you,because i know you want that beer :D

no problem :)

about the bios mod:

OH MY GOD;THIS IS SO FUCKING AMAZING AWESOME UNBELIEVEBLE!!!

i can run battlefield 3 now realy fine on high setting an nothing stuttering and things like that!

but i have noticed something other!

before the bios mod our GT 650M goes down to 745 mhz an was stock there! so no automaticly downclocking if it is not used.

now it stucks on 970mhz.

no problem to me,everthing is just fine :)

temps are ok,after an hour playing i have around 70C° so there is more space 4 overclocking.

so i thing i have to donate you tomorrow a lots of beer :D

EDIT: please read the message i send you,because i know you want that beer :D

One question, did u flash the BIOS using usb and if yes/no then plz tell me more about it or give me a link if its possible.

Coolbits... you're a couple of GPU generations behind.

After going though several webpages, this is wat i understood, But plz help us in sticking with current GPU generation, And thanks for correcting my misunderstanding.

That's 1:1 copied from wikipedia. Use a quote and name your source if you recite from the work of other people.

I will keep that in mind and thanks to wiki

Isn't it obvious? Higher clocks as so many people asked for.

For me, i would like to take the gpu clock beyond 1000MHz. And thanks for helping us so much :-)

Oh wait a second... I think I might have missed one entry of the memory if you say yours is still 1000. Was late yesterday, I can fix that when I find time.

Okay . Will wait for your fix .. Thanks a lot for all your hard work ... :)

BTW why is the memory clock set to 1400MHz in this mod of yours ?

Hey, Used the latest 970 clock bios from svl7. Was good for an hour, untill i shut down the notebook. Now seems to be bricked, wont turn on proper. Only the leds turn on and hd spin for a sec, thats about it. Any tips?

remove battery an ac für a minute anf pres 1 or times the power button.

schuld fix ist pretty fine

Well, i have tried several methods as to recovering the bios, but the dell uses an uefi i believe, so pretty sure it those methods wouldn't ever work. Read something about naming the rom file BIOS.CAP and then have it on a usb drive, while powering up holding fn and esc. However none of the options seemed to yield any results. So atm in the dark here, also as to why it seems to be fine for others where as for me it seemed to have bricked my machine.

Hey, Used the latest 970 clock bios from svl7. Was good for an hour, untill i shut down the notebook. Now seems to be bricked, wont turn on proper. Only the leds turn on and hd spin for a sec, thats about it. Any tips?

Well, if your system was running fine with the mod then it can't be a bad bios flash. Else it wouldn't have booted in the first place. I'd say there's something wrong hardware-wise. As you're still under warranty just contact Dell.

Well, if your system was running fine with the mod then it can't be a bad bios flash. Else it wouldn't have booted in the first place. I'd say there's something wrong hardware-wise. As you're still under warranty just contact Dell.

Thats what i thought as well at first, but with a reboot the system doesnt fully power down. And the symptoms just scream ''dead'' bios to me. And it looks a lot like the story from a few pages back regarding the russian mod.

edit: would removing cmos for a sec help?, does the notebook even have one to begin with actually..? i have informed dell, but obviously rather not send it back.