M18x R2 GTX 660M VBios

Cozak

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a request. I have recently purchased a M18x R2 with a Geforce GTX 660M. I am attempting to overclock the gpu, but no matter what I try I cannot get this to go past 835Mhz, even the built in 'boost' function seems to not operate correctly. I assume that this is down to a restriction in the Dell modified version of the vbios. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get around this problem with with a vbios mod or other method?

I have attempted to use the modified vbios available on this site, but it seems that it will not flash over the top of my current vbios version. The version of the vbios I am using at present is V 80.07.39.00.0F and I am attempting the overclock using msi afterburner. While the memory will overclock, the core remains at 835Mhz no matter what.

If anyone can help me out with a modified version of the bios or via other means that would be appreciated.

Hi, welcome to T|I!

What's the BIOS version of your system? Can you dump a copy of your vbios (preferably with nvflash from DOS) and upload it here?

Regarding the mods already available here... the 'GHz edition' should work fine for you and bring your GPU to 1000MHz core, did you try it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

The bios version is A03, video bios version is 80.07.39.00.0F. I have attempted to use the GTX 660m OC edition dell vbios however I get a pci subsystem ID mismatch error when running nvflash from dos. This error in more detail is:

'Warning: firmware image pci subsytem id (1028.0551) does not match adapter pci subsystem id (1028.0550)'

I have not attempted the 'Ghz Edition' since this uses the same version of the vbios as the one I did try, and I assume would produce the same error. I will give this version a try anyway, and if it fails I'll upload my vbios to the site.

Dell GTX660M 80.07.39.00.0F VBIOS.zip

Unfortunately the Ghz edition produced the same error when attempting to flash from DOS using nvflash. I have therefore attached a copy of my current vbios.