Crackling sound out of the speakers when the laptop is turned off

• Founder

So i have this problem with my ProBook 6540b, every time i put it to hibernate/turn off a second AFTER it turns off (screen off, all lights off) there's a crackling sounds starts coming from the speakers for about 3-5 seconds and then it stops.

This got me worried as it's the only laptop i got right now, and i am afraid it's some kind of electrical issue that might worsen and burn the motherboard or worse..

Anyone had anything similar happen to him ?

I haven't run into something like that but you definitely should debug. Try if you haven't seeing if it's only when on battery, or only when plugged in or both. One thing that comes to mind is there's a basic way audio cards and speakers are turned off as a power-saver feature when not currently being utilized and it could just have to do with that mechanism losing the last bit of juice as the system loses phantom power.