EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

That most likely means that your system is not set up the way that it can flash a bricked gpu... don't think this can be fixed in your case, not familiar with your system.

So, the best solution is to send this non-functional card back to seller for a replacement?

P.S. I have some experience with flashing back to stock vBIOS bricked gtx670M with success...it was visible by NVFASH.

Well yes, I'd send that back, especially if you say you have been able to flash back in the past... then it might indicate that there's an issue with the card. Tell them to flash the stock vbios version of the card that is working on your system. Some Clevo systems have issues with certain vbios versions.

Both cards look identicaly, same model and revision, same vBIOS acording to stickers. Onemore thing: can this card harm my system during flashing attempts?

Ok, then I'd say it's most likely the card. Other possibility is that there's an issue with your system.

Flashing won't harm your system... of course if there's a serious issue with the card then plugging in the card to the system an powering it on can possibly cause damage to the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does it make any sence trying to flash invisible card for NVFLASH?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your attention and advises to my case!

Okayy so I've flashed my Vbios i believe. My drivers and all my clock settings are still at what they were before. How do i check if its really in effect? o.O

Well... can't help you if you give zero information. What kind of system do you use? Card? Vbios? Etc....

Well... can't help you if you give zero information. What kind of system do you use? Card? Vbios? Etc....

Sorry, was tired when i wrote it.

According to GPU-Z my Vbios is 80.10.36.00.01. And my G-Card is a GTX 780.

Tell me if these stats are right in Afterburner: I've got 205+ and my coreclock goes to 1097, does that seem right? And my Core volt at +75 and goes to 1.162.

But it seems like turbo is still on? as it bounces up from 900Mhz to 1097Mhz, but it seems like it's more Active than before? Or is that just how it should be after Flashing it ?

Which vbios did you flash? Are you sure you actually flashed it? Please post a screenshot of nvidia inspector showing the OC stuff.

Which vbios did you flash? Are you sure you actually flashed it? Please post a screenshot of nvidia inspector showing the OC stuff.

post-15611-14494995869934_thumb.jpg

Here you go.

Boost should be gone. Unless they changed something in the drivers...

The vbios is definitely flashed. One thing you could try is a CMOS reset, but I doubt it will change anything since the flashed vbios shows up in the OS.

I only have a Titan for testing, and there it's definitely gone, at least with 314.22... maybe another 780 user can give some insights.

The vbios is definitely flashed. One thing you could try is a CMOS reset, but I doubt it will change anything since the flashed vbios shows up in the OS.

I only have a Titan for testing, and there it's definitely gone, at least with 314.22... maybe another 780 user can give some insights.

Okay thanks for the help. I think its working better in 3dmark etc now too so.

Whats the difference between Version00 and Version 03? Should i get 03?

for some reason after I flash when I restart I don't require reinstalling the drivers. Is this normal? gtx 780 with ti bios

Yes, same card, same driver. No need to install anything. In case the vbios flash changed the subsystem ID the system will set up the driver automatically, at least in Win8.

I just tried flashing my GPU but for some reason windows 8 wont let me do it. I followed the steps on making a bootable disk and added the nvflash and the vbios rom but after i choose to boot from the USB, windows8 takes me to the boot manager window...but when i choose the option "Use a device : use a USB drive,network connection...." it just boots up like normal. is there something i am not doing correctly? My system is the one in my sig.

You probably have to disable secure boot in the bios to allow legacy devices to boot (if you have windows 8). This is so you can make the USB drive boot.

Thanks for the guide. I'm really glad I followed the step and backed up my current VBIOS versions, heh. Had to restore it on one card that ended up erroring out.

uefi boot mode or legacy boot mode setting is also an option.

unrelated

some newer cards require a newer version of nvflash than the dos version is currently at.

do i use the windows version or use the force option?

I am looking to flash the VBIOS of my GTX 780M card. I found this guide very useful, thanks!

My GTX 780M currently throttles due to 'power' limitations, not 'thermal' limitations at +135 core (not that high). I am looking to increase the power threshold to eliminate throttling at this clock rate.

I can't wait to find out what the new VBIOS will allow me to do :)

My laptop does not detect the nvidia GPU any longer, could this have anything to do with the vBIOS and is there any hope that flashing it will fix my problem? I am prepared to take risks within reason, if I can't get the GPU to work then it might as well burn, its a Gt 650m on a 7720 17r.

Hey all,

Just got a dell 680m 4gig was wanting to flash the dell OC bios, but it gives me Board ID mismatch

any help please