[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

hi i have a gtx clevo w370et with a gtx660m is there a problem if use the - Nvidia GTX 660m Vbios - GHz Edition [Dell]?

i tried the -a, -b and -6 command and all of them gave a break, the laptop starts to beep forever and i need to restart.

am i doing everthing right??

thanks

thanks

Th

Does it beep and then show you something like this after you hit -5 -6 and or does it just start beeping and not stop?

after any command - nvflash -a, or -b or 6 in the moment that i press enter it starts to beep

it starts beep and non stop after any command.

i cant even use nvflash for windows. - i press enter to continue, enter and enter again and it closes the console

Gotta say, top notch guide there svl. I've never flashed anything before, and I've followed it up to backing up the vbios. As soon as I'm able to get your custom 780m bios, I'll be sure to continue with the process. Thanks a bunch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BIG thanks to svl7 for the 680m vbios and Stamatis X for the bootable usb guide, This is the first time I've tried anything like flashing vbios and I must say it is quite easy with the right guide, but I was still as nervous as when I update the bios on my m17x r4, just ran a 3Dmark11 benchmark and got a P6345 with 758/1800 so all looks good:triumphant:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You didn't read the Y500 instructions... :hopelessness:

There's no chip for the on-board GPU, the vbios is part of the bios. You can't flash it per nvflash.

ive been trying to flash that damn first gpu :76: for hours and found the killing answer here..i have a lenovo y510p with gt750m sli and a factory bios ver 2.07..i modded the second gpu and overclocked it to 1260mhz and flashed perfectly and tested with playing Battlefield 4 nearly for an hour without problem and decided to mod and flash the first gpu but says eeprom not supported bla bla..

so svl 7 i read your modded bios section about lenovo section but it seems there is still no TRUE modded vbios for ver 2.07...

if i give you my bios backup can you do a modded version of 2.07 ? :33_002:

thanks

I am running SLI gtx 780M, when flashing them supposedly they are flashed but when I go to inspector, only one damn card got flashed while the other didn't. I try everything I know and nothing :( I am frustrated

I think its because of your first gpu is not a card so you cant flash it..all you need is a custom modded bios not vbios..

Question about drivers:

Do you need to uninstall video drivers before flashing vbios? Or it will work like that? Or keep old ones, flash - and then reinstall drivers?

I don't think it was in the guide.

Thank you!

You dont need to uninstall video drivers..just flash your vbios

Nice guide, but, since there's also a windows version of nvflash, is still recommended doing it under DOS? is it safe to flash under windows?

Thanks.

i flashed my second gpu on windows 8.1 pro x64 2 times and it worked perfectly but if you dont have a sli system you should better do this under dos section it is more safe more quarentee

Whats the latest nvflash? I downloaded the one form the link in the first post and it says newer version needed to flash my video card.

i think the newest one is ver 5.163.0.1 just google it

• 2 weeks later...
Nice guide, but, since there's also a windows version of nvflash, is still recommended doing it under DOS? is it safe to flash under windows?

Thanks.

So for me Im used to flash via the win version but up till now it's impossible to get nvflash working properly on my 750 Ti. So going the DOS route is the only way.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have windows 64bit 8.1 and was having problems with boot flashing vbios.

Found a work around using Nvflash latest version for windows. It works well but you need to un-install the nvidia drivers first then restart then go to CMD prompt and flash using nvflash -6 *****.rom

Reinstall drivers and that should work ok.

Regards

GW

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Whenever i try to flash my 680m on my P170EM i just get a message saying "this program cannot be run in DOS". I've used Rufus to prepare the USB drive.

Rufus FreeDos default selection doesn't work (in addition to the proper DOS version as svl7 mentioned), MS DOS method (first post).