[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

Well yes, I'd send that back, especially if you say you have been able to flash back in the past... then it might indicate that there's an issue with the card. Tell them to flash the stock vbios version of the card that is working on your system. Some Clevo systems have issues with certain vbios versions.

Ok, then I'd say it's most likely the card. Other possibility is that there's an issue with your system.

Flashing won't harm your system... of course if there's a serious issue with the card then plugging in the card to the system an powering it on can possibly cause damage to the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well... can't help you if you give zero information. What kind of system do you use? Card? Vbios? Etc....

Sorry, was tired when i wrote it.

According to GPU-Z my Vbios is 80.10.36.00.01. And my G-Card is a GTX 780.

Tell me if these stats are right in Afterburner: I've got 205+ and my coreclock goes to 1097, does that seem right? And my Core volt at +75 and goes to 1.162.

But it seems like turbo is still on? as it bounces up from 900Mhz to 1097Mhz, but it seems like it's more Active than before? Or is that just how it should be after Flashing it ?

Boost should be gone. Unless they changed something in the drivers...

The vbios is definitely flashed. One thing you could try is a CMOS reset, but I doubt it will change anything since the flashed vbios shows up in the OS.

I only have a Titan for testing, and there it's definitely gone, at least with 314.22... maybe another 780 user can give some insights.

The vbios is definitely flashed. One thing you could try is a CMOS reset, but I doubt it will change anything since the flashed vbios shows up in the OS.

I only have a Titan for testing, and there it's definitely gone, at least with 314.22... maybe another 780 user can give some insights.

Okay thanks for the help. I think its working better in 3dmark etc now too so.

Whats the difference between Version00 and Version 03? Should i get 03?

Yes, same card, same driver. No need to install anything. In case the vbios flash changed the subsystem ID the system will set up the driver automatically, at least in Win8.

I just tried flashing my GPU but for some reason windows 8 wont let me do it. I followed the steps on making a bootable disk and added the nvflash and the vbios rom but after i choose to boot from the USB, windows8 takes me to the boot manager window...but when i choose the option "Use a device : use a USB drive,network connection...." it just boots up like normal. is there something i am not doing correctly? My system is the one in my sig.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to flash the VBIOS of my GTX 780M card. I found this guide very useful, thanks!

My GTX 780M currently throttles due to 'power' limitations, not 'thermal' limitations at +135 core (not that high). I am looking to increase the power threshold to eliminate throttling at this clock rate.

I can't wait to find out what the new VBIOS will allow me to do :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, would just like to make a quick inquiry. If I used the nvflash tool that lets me work from command prompt, will it flash the card just as well? If I must do it the long way that's fine, but it'd be nicer if I could do it without wiping my drive, flashing, then re-making it into a bootable win 7 drive like it is now.