[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

Is anyone kind enough to offer me some first hands experiences from a MSI gt70 one with gtx680m and the flashing of a new vbios and the effects of that. I dont want to damage my comp because i didnt register for warranty xD.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to boot dos from a usb drive on Windows 8? Im trying to work it out..I used rufus and tried booting through the usb device but it keeps skipping it and going to Windows. I have a Clevo P170EM, I have the latest bios and vbios for gtx680m but I cant get into dos on bootup :(

Does anyone know how to boot dos from a usb drive on Windows 8? Im trying to work it out..I used rufus and tried booting through the usb device but it keeps skipping it and going to Windows. I have a Clevo P170EM, I have the latest bios and vbios for gtx680m but I cant get into dos on bootup :(

Thanks a lot for this guide. I've never really gotten into OCing or any sort of modding like this but with my new laptop I really want to get into unlocking the full potential of my card and using unlocked bios and even some OCing. I had no clue where to start and this explains everything perfectly, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Advise needed!

My situation: I've got second gtx670mx from the same seller I've earlier got my first gtx670mx. First card works like a charm. Second appears not functional. I've realised that when new arrived card was installed in master mxm slot, computer start booting wiht black/empty screen, three beeps, crasy spin of fan, emergency shut down and as a result - system crush.

The seller advised to flash faulty card with stock vBIOS from my working card to avoid replacement procedure.

So I've performed attempt of blind flash in master slot and also tried to flash in slave slot. NVFLASH (the latest) does not see mentioned card in slave mxm slot. So all attemps were unsuccessful.

Any tricks or tips for the situation? What else can be performed prior to sending card to RMA?

Thank you in advance!

I would like to ask about this symptom: the card is not recognized and NVFLASH even can not see it in DOS in second (SLAVE) mxm slot.

Does it mean wrong vBIOS (or empty EEPROM) or this can be physical defect of card? How it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

That most likely means that your system is not set up the way that it can flash a bricked gpu... don't think this can be fixed in your case, not familiar with your system.

That most likely means that your system is not set up the way that it can flash a bricked gpu... don't think this can be fixed in your case, not familiar with your system.

So, the best solution is to send this non-functional card back to seller for a replacement?

P.S. I have some experience with flashing back to stock vBIOS bricked gtx670M with success...it was visible by NVFASH.