[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

Hi,

I need help.

I unsuccessfully try to flash K5000M in windows (in P150EM). I checked the nvflash 5.118 and 5.134 version. With nVidia/Intel HD drivers and without.

I still have the same error: I/O ERROR: Cannot open file: ...

ioerror.png

filev.png

What is wrong?

Hi,

I need help.

I unsuccessfully try to flash K5000M in windows (in P150EM). I checked the nvflash 5.118 and 5.134 version. With nVidia/Intel HD drivers and without.

ioerror.png

filev.png

What is wrong?

Right now nvflash expects the file to be in the nvflash folder...you have to provide the full path to the file.

So either through it into the NVflash folder or change the file location to a folder located at the root of your drive. Also make sure the folder name contains no spaces. Some versions expect the extension also to be '.bin' ;)

This sounds more like a wrong file path/name problem...

copy the rom file to where the nvflash.exe lives and run the cmd directly from that directory.

Hi,

I need help.

What is wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Y500 with dual GT 650M, when I try to do anything against -i0, I get "EEPROM ID (20,00FF) : UNKNOWN, ERROR : Supported EEPROM not found, though against -i1 it works fine, so I've managed to save a backup of that one at least.

I have a Y500 with dual GT 650M, when I try to do anything against -i0, I get "EEPROM ID (20,00FF) : UNKNOWN, ERROR : Supported EEPROM not found, though against -i1 it works fine, so I've managed to save a backup of that one at least.

It's possible that the 1st 650M shares the same BIOS as the system while the 2nd has its own BIOS.

It's possible that the 1st 650M shares the same BIOS as the system while the 2nd has its own BIOS.

Huh, it seems you're right. I've updated my BIOS to a modified version from this thread. When I check the cards in Nvidia Inspector, the first card says [MODIFIED] under BIOS, while the other card doesn't say that. Does this mean I can't unlock the overclocking for the first card or is it some setting I need to change in the BIOS?

You can't flash the first card... there's no card, the vbios is in the BIOS. Please refer to the Lenovo Y500 mod thread, it's all described in the first post there.

Most likely no. But I never had a bad flash and changed my vbios more than one hundred times (counting only the 680m). As long as you follow the instructions and do it from DOS you shouldn't have to worry.

Most likely no. But I never had a bad flash and changed my vbios more than one hundred times (counting only the 680m). As long as you follow the instructions and do it from DOS you shouldn't have to worry.

Can't you blindflash like on desktops?

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you want to do that? There's really no point in increasing the voltage and lowering the clock...

[sARCASM]

Why? It will give you higher temps and less processing power, while you can decrease the cards life and increase the e-bill all at the same time, which is just awesome!

[/sARCASM]

The reason for asking is because for Crysis 3, a lot of people have solved their crash issues by increasing the voltage. However, my machine hits around 90C when playing. I suspect something is wrong with the thermal paste, so I have placed an order, but it will be a while before it gets here. Therefore, I am looking for a way to increase the voltage, but not the clock speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you all for this wonderful information you have supplied to us all who are curious in wanting to try this. I have only flashed any type of bios in my older laptop and it worked, but it was only to get the processor to perform at a higher rate than what it was set, it was a Gateway P-7805u FX. So I am a bit nervous about doing something like this to my new laptop, but would like to unlock a bit more power out of it and it last just as long or longer than my older laptop.

Again thank you for the knowledge you share with us all.

Hey guys just my 2c. Flashing the card in a Pollux1612 aka P150EM running win 8 has some more steps to follow: inside windows got to settings (charm bar), general, scroll down to advanced start up. On the menu click on troubleshoot then change UEFI settings. The computer will reboot to the Bios, navigate to boot then select OS option and choose others instead of win 8,also disabling UEFI. Just doing so will enable booting from the USB stick. Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

svl7,

When trying to flash the vbios from cms in windows and in ms dos when trying to use the command nvflash -a to find out more about the graphics card a message is returned that states that No NVidia display adapters are found. What can I do about this?

[update]

The vbios update functioned as advertised when the 680m is disabled from the device manager. The graphics drivers were uninstalled at the time as well.