[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing

svl7

hello.what model laptop with you?and how you install?which version to use nvflash?thanks

First of all stop spamming the forum and wait for a reply.

Secondly: are you running the command line in administrator?

Did you rename the vBios file? If you can't do a simple thing like renaming a file then don't think on flashing this...

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Hi guys!

I have a problem with flashing mod bios for my y510p.

I have SLI option with two GT 755m. When i following description for Ultrabay options i must separely install vbios other for card <0> and other for card <1> I evrything understand but when i install vbios for gpu <0> shows me http://imageshack.com/a/img633/5615/JLTwzz.jpg so i dont know what is wrong going on because for gpu <1>..

Because for gpu <1> all is good.. flash is without any problem.. look => http://imageshack.com/a/img905/6464/SnUw0g.jpg

Im think that second photo shows u all what u need to know what is going wrong ;x

Thanks a lot for ur hard work. I hope that u can help me :)

Regards

P.S.

Sorry for my bad English ;d

UPDATE!

If u will be have this same problem.. u must do standard flash for GPU <0> and then use ULTRA BAY flash way for gpu <1>

Regards!

- - - Updated - - -

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I need help. I have a m18x r2 with two gtx 880m. I flashed both card with a vbios and lost all video, I was able to put the original vbios back on one card easily but the second card I cannot. Nvflash just list one card with a note that the other is not accessible. Device manager lists both cards but the one with the new vbios has a yellow triangle and it says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). Any suggestions? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2015 at 6:51 AM, yukinok25 said:

hi all, I have a 970M GTX MXM 6GB and I would like to flash the vBIOS on the card.

I have a clevo P170SM with premamod BIOS.

Is this procedure still up to date?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Doesn't your card just work, as is, already with nVidia drivers?

hi all, I have a 970M GTX MXM 6GB and I would like to flash the vBIOS on the card.

I have a clevo P170SM with premamod BIOS.

Is this procedure still up to date?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Doesn't your card just work, as is, already with nVidia drivers?

Yes, but I wanted to overclock my card.

All done by the way.

Soo, trying to flash bios on ASUS ROG G751jt ( 970m ), but no luck, it says :

WARNING: None of the firmware image compatible PCI Device ID's
match the PCI Device ID of the adapter.
Adapter PCI Device ID:        1618
Firmware image PCI Device ID: 13D8

ERROR: GPU mismatch

Iam flashing with Prema mod, no luck :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 3:06 PM, lol_xxx said:

file name can't be longer than 8 characters...

Hi, for windows 10 x64 you need  download the last version of nvflash and create a new ''nvflash'' folder in C, put inside this folde all nvflash files and bios, open cmd as administrator and type:

cd C:\nvflash

Nvflash64 --protectoff

nvflash64 -6 yourname.rom

I hope will work for you   : )

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How do I save my current bios or vbios onto a cd instead of a usb drive?  I cannot get my system to boot to a usb drive like the instructions say to before flashing the vbios for a new gtx 680m card I purchased.  I am using the 368.22 modded inf files from j95, which have allowed me to install the card and get it working, however I am experiencing throttling issues with the new card.  It is proving very difficult to find the proper heatsink for this card, currently using the heatsink from the stock 560m card that came with the system.  If anyone knows of a reputable site that i can find the proper heatsink for the new 680m card, would be much appreciated.  J95 advised using the vbios files found here to help with the throttling issues.  But before I flash anything I want to save the current file onto a bootable drive just in case I run into any issues.  So far it looks like my bootable drive will be a CD, not a usb.  any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!  thanks!!  -diffuse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I will say that in almost ALL, keyword almost all bios/video bios updates dos is the preferred method.  Remember all those services, all those devices, your security software, possible printer drivers, constant updates from social media, and any software that is loading at startup adds layers that the update must travel around and through.  It could get corrupted at any stage and you will not know till your system is bricked.  Even going back several years, while companies produce in some cases produce both a windows and a dos version of a firmware or bios update, in most cases people have problems when doing it through windows.  Dos there is no startup tasks, no device drives loading, no security software or anything else loaded except what is need for dos to load on that bootable media.

That is why they are stressing the Dos and not the Windows method.  If you look at ATI (I think this site or one of the others) say the same thing for AMD/ATI cards, use the dos version do not use the windows version.  While you might have success, remember just how Windows OS install has issues that seems to be on a case by case basis or system type or if it is upgrade over an old OS, incompat software/drivers/devices, that is the danger as well of seeing one person having success, you can't duplicate their windows environment.  

You ask how if you have for example you are running Windows 7 64bit Service Pack 1, just like me why aren't we the same, well i probably don't have the same motherboard, or the same video card, security software, social media apps active (in my case I don't load them), different NIC, different USB controller, different CPU, heck different memory clocked at different speeds, might not have all Windows updates, might have to have downloaded other updates from Windows UPdate that you don't, etc. etc.  

DOS is just simpler.  

Sure your CPU/Memory affects performance along with Hard Drive however dos is dos more or less on any machine, I am speculating on this that most dos versions (like the choices you have in rufus to use, differ in that they aren't microsoft dos or they have added commands or more ability to be modified - as I said I am guessing on this point, that differences then don't impact the update.

WHICH NVFLASH VERSION DO I HAVE?

*Dos version will only come with nvrflash.exe and cwsdpmi.exe

*Windows version will come with nvflash.exe and nvflsh32.sys and nvflsh64.sys as the last two files are for running in windows.

The Windows version does drop to dos (at least the few times I have tried the windows version) but it is not running in the same dos environment as the pure boot from USB with Dos.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2014 at 1:40 PM, rubblebeam said:

hello, I have a problem and I need help, I have a clevo p170em with a radeon HD 7970M card, the card burned and I ended up getting another one gtx 485m. however this board was to an earlier model to my windows and does not accept the driver of it. I wonder if posivel make any changes in the bios or if you have any nvidia driver for this card that works in clevo p170em.
I am desperate because I need the card to work and do not have to buy another one now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Asus G73SW  and swapped the videocard to a Nvidia GTX 770M  (2 years ago)

i never changed the modded videocard driver ever since.

now i downloaded and modded the latest nvidia driver 372.70   but it fails to install (without driversinging enforced mode) on w10

do i have to flash another bios to be able to install a modded driver   or  is there some new way to mod nvidia drivers?

please help.