Gaming Headset suggestions [$100]

StamatisX

Do you want surround?

I would avoid Steelseries due to the fact that you have to pay for shipping even with the warranty (at least in the US). The Siberia headset were quite comfortable however. Razer is hit and miss, but well... more miss than hit. Way more. :D

I used Logitech G35 but can't say I was blown away by anything except maybe the looks. They're OK. The wireless version of this headset seems to have few quirks and bugs (at least according to newegg reviews). I also used surround Roccat headset. Comfort-wise they were about the same as Logitech G35, but I couldn't really tell the difference between surround and stereo on any headset (maybe the setup was wrong or something). If you don't plan to listen to music (much) I think most of them should do fine. However, pretty much ALL headsets are very much overpriced for what you are getting. Many decent ones are in range of pretty good quality hifi headphones, but produce sound of significantly worse quality.

I know you said your budget is $100, but I managed to snag Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro stereo headphones for about $150 on eBay (refurbished but came looking brand new). They are in whole other league compared to gaming headsets (there is just no comparison in sound, comfort and construction), and I use them with a clip-on microphone (works just as fine as the headset mic). I was actually quite suspicious at first about this clip-on mic but works really great imo. The recorded sound quality is even I'd say slightly better than on the Steelseries Siberia headset. And I have a $8 Zalman clip-on mic. That means the one on their headset is really cheap stuff. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I've got the Logitech G930 and it's pretty awesome. Clear 7.1 surround sound in every game, wireless, pretty good base, even when listening to music, 10h battery life. All in all the best headset I've ever had.

• Thumbs Up 1

I own a g930; got it on amazon for $110 I believe. Overall I can't find much wrong with it besides the fact that for surround to work, the application has to specifically support DOLBY 7.1 or else you won't get true surround sound.

CS:GO 5.1 works well with Dolby so it depends on the application

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Using a corsair vengeance 1500 my self for a while, quite fond it. Do note its an usb headset. So kind of waste when already equipped with a proper sound card. The corsair vengeance 1300 for on a budget would then be the better pick, but that's not the case here i imagine.