[Guide] M15x with Nvidia GTX 660m

svl7

I am always in High Perf. Adapter is plugged. Weird thing is I reverted it back to the 1st VBIOS in the guide and I am getting 835Mhz (original clock). Flashed it again to the clevo OC version, still i am capped to 700Mhz. Really weird as I did not change anything at all. Could I have bricked my card? :(

I got it to work again this morning. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5173[/ATTACH]

Great I am glad you got your overclock back must of been a relief. Its nice when your finally like yes i figured it out.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

It just occured to me... did you by any chance accidentally activate stealth mode? This would explain the weird clock behavior.

I had accidentally enabled that on my M17x R2 a couple of times lol.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

It just occured to me... did you by any chance accidentally activate stealth mode? This would explain the weird clock behavior.

I or maybe my daughter accidentally clicked on BD PROCHOT, unticked it and i got it to go up past 1000Mhz.

I also noticed, if i enable VSYNC on games, GPU clock gets capped down.

I am now playing with the slider finding a sweet overclock spot. I could reach 1300Mhz but if you tinker with a game's graphics options, the driver crashes and MSI AB resets the clocks of the GPU.

If I remember correctly it was the 304.79 when I had the card in my system. I had an HDMI monitor connected to the M15x per DP, worked perfectly fine.

what was the size of the monitor? I still get issues when connecting my 55" BEFORE I start a 3d application. After starting the app it's okay. So I guess yours was just fine whatever you've done with it.

Well, that's weird.. not sure what I can do about this. Should work fine, really. You're on BIOS A09?

I now got it to work on my HDMI TV using the DP-to-HDMI adapter. What happened was that it detected it as a VGA display.

post-6143-14494993816722_thumb.jpgWhen it detected it as VGA, there was still no display on the TV.

Then i reinstalled the drivers, restarted it and Bam, i suddenly got it to display and system detected it now as HDMI. Problem solved.

Now, I tried the same process with the DP-to-DVI adapter to display on my 3D ready LCD :D

Here it still does not work.

Yup I am on A09.

Cool. Well to get 3d you'll need an active adapter as far as I know. Though never tried it, only use DP to HDMI.

Yup, i got the Bizlink active adapter to get 120Hz out of the screen. I actually got 3D vision working with the 260m before the upgrade.

I'm gonna try to put back the 260m and see if my adapter is the issue, otherwise maybe it could just be a driver problem as the HD audio is detected on the DP.

Yes. No idea why eurocom is selling this as an M15x upgrade kit, it won't work without the copper shim. Also I'm curious with which vbios this kit comes...

Ah so this isn't a Dell card then?

No, it isn't, but it will work if you follow this guide. I'm not sure how well the Dell card works, never tried it.

Ah, looking on ebay, would a copper shim like this work fine?

Oh btw I messaged the seller. He said the card is shipped with the dell vbios.

Ah, looking on ebay, would a copper shim like this work fine?

Oh btw I messaged the seller. He said the card is shipped with the dell vbios.

I just recently upgraded. The VBIOS that came with the card works but no signal goes to the display. you need to plug in an external monitor on the VGA port. Flash it with svl7's VBIOS mod, and you are good to go.

They actually asked me how I got it to work as they said they had a lot of customers who failed to make it work on their systems. I told them about the copper shim issue and suggested to them that the shim should go with the kit.

I hope they will include one for you on your purchase.

I just recently upgraded. The VBIOS that came with the card works but no signal goes to the display. you need to plug in an external monitor on the VGA port. Flash it with svl7's VBIOS mod, and you are good to go.

They actually asked me how I got it to work as they said they had a lot of customers who failed to make it work on their systems. I told them about the copper shim issue and suggested to them that the shim should go with the kit.

I hope they will include one for you on your purchase.

Thanks, that's good to know. You order that same exact kit?

Yeah, that will work.

Well then seems like I know which card I will upgrade to in the future. ;) [unless of course the 7970m goes down in price]

Also, either I'm blind but, how are the temps on the 660m under load?