Age of Conan

Tundratrot

I've recently started a free account. I was wondering what other people think of this MMO? I'm playing on my Asus g73jw, i7 740QM, Nvidia GTX 460M.

Welcome to Tech Inferno Tundratrot. I have never played it. I am curious to know what you think of it yourself. Does it play like Diablo3 like random loot and drops or is it a bit more like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 etc? Is the battle system fair and how you complete tasks or missions? I know plenty you grind and grind for no pay off... so it would be great to hear this is different.

Played AoC on and off from release day to a couple months ago (prior to them going free). IMO, it was/is the best alternative to WOW (I don't really consider GW2 an MMO, at least not of the same type as AoC). The graphics still hold up very well, the classes are balanced (although there's been some trouble in the past here) and the theme and atmosphere are miles away than the panty-waisted manga-fied cheese-fest in most other MMOs. I'd say, yes, definitely give it a go. Moreover, report back on your experiece as I'm interested in hearing how the enviro is now that it's a free model.