Borderlands 2

Brian

• Founder

I really enjoyed the first Borderlands and it seems the new one is getting 9/10 or higher ratings--so I'm super tempted to buy it. The only problem is the steep price, seems Steam has it for $60 and now the game also has some sort of seasonal pass that you gotta fork out more $$ to get additional DLC content. I really hate how gaming has changed into a world of micro transactions, back in the day DLC's used to be free and now publishers find every excuse they can to charge for minor content changes.

Anyway, to get back on track, who has purchased the game and what are your impressions? I'm thinking of getting a copy from Greenman Gaming since they have 10% off the Steam price.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have to wait till tommorow to get my copy from amazon, but i played it already via VPN and a friends account and i must say the game is amazing, gameplay is addictive and funny like in BL1 but only optimized and a bit more detailed, Graphics wise the game is mindblowing imho one of the prettiest games this year and PhysX it looks great but atm it causes heavy fps drops and so my GTX 680 is struggling in heavy fights but man that game is so amazing i'm very excited to get my copy tommorow

• Founder

He might have gotten it before the promotion. @bradleyjb thanks for that coupon, will come in handy.

Nice, that coupon worked, got the game for $43 and some change. Can't wait to start playing it today :)

• Founder

I don't know if its my system/drivers or the game but I get frequent hitching when playing this game and it causes my FPS to plummet. Its not from the card throttling or anything of the sort, its one of those lags you get when the HDD is loading textures--except in my case I have an SSD. Anyone else experience this?

I've certainly enjoyed the experience thus far. Not a "hardcore" gamer, but I'm far more than a casual gamer. It seems to fit me quite well, and the pacing seems to be improved from its predecessor. Not to mention the graphics. Really beautiful. I've seen huge improvements to the weapons, and I'm maybe an hour or two in, so I can only imagine the weapons will become bigger and badder as I go.

So I guess what I'm saying is despite these micro (perhaps they should be called macro, damn prices) transactions, the game has a ton of meat.

Bottom line, it's addictiv and if you liked the first, you'll like the second. Been playing it for a couple days and, when I'm not, I can't wait to get back to level up just once more or get that next gun. It's basically the same thing as the first game with new (although very similar) environments and a wider range of guns and mods. I'm playing as a commando. My only complaint is I tend to not make use of my turret enough and just pick badies off from a distance, but that's my fault.

I was able to buy a code from GMG for $25. I probably wouldn't have spent $60 for this, just not worth it, especially knowing there will be a massive mark down most places in a couple months. Also, the other annoyance in the game is you get the distinct feeling in some spots the devs have primed the game to nickel and dime you with as many mods and dlcs as possible.

I'm just finishing "Black Mesa" half life mod then I will go on finish Borderland.. then Borderland 2 is next.. look additive.. by the time I finish #1, #2 will be cheaper to buy.. can't wait so..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving BL2. It was my most anticipated game this year and it's lived up to my expectations. Absolutely great, addictive, fun game and plays great on a 680m. It's too bad that I haven't started playing Torchlight 2 though, wish they would have come out a month or two apart.

Im finding Borderlands really fun too and its not running bad on 7900mod 12.9 beta drivers on my 7970m crossfire. Graphics maxed the game looks pretty awesome. For a cell shaded game its incredible.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Just finished the game, really good, but it seemed easier to me than the first one... probably I should start walkthrough 2...

I see cool you beat it maybe on a harder difficulty. Did you run into any troubles through the entire game due too AMD drivers? It was running really good for me on mine so I just wondered if it was the same for you StamatisX. Id love to read a walk through if thats what your planning or do you mean another play through the game?

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Got my copy of bl2 with a nvidia gpu, and loved it since. Finished bl1 on the xbox with a mate a year ago, and was wuite fond of it back then. A lot more now (always more of a pc guy anyways). Got two characters, lvl 27 gunner and 16 siren. Like bl1 i feel the siren is an absolute beast in the game, although somewhat mellowed down. Overall a very good game, absolutely gorgeous music and scenery, with a lot of action kicked in.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished the game, really good, but it seemed easier to me than the first one... probably I should start walkthrough 2...

TVHM is where it's at difficulty wise, you go from being a total badass to getting smashed by weakling enemies. The first armored maniac nearly gave me a nervous breakdown; that said, don't even get me started on rabid stalkers. :77:

200hrs in and loving it still.... 18k badass, anyone else at this kind of level?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

The next DLC, "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" is announced to be released on 06/25/2013.

Gearbox said that there will be more content in this DLC than in others DLC already released.

There are changes in the universe, this DLC is more oriented fantastic than apocalyptic. It is based on a parody of dungeon & dragon called "Bunker & Badass".

I can't wait to play it !

• 2 weeks later...

borderlands is actually quite fun .. but the drop rate is extremely low !! its just impossible to get a conference call... i have been hunting it for a week ... didnt get any .. in the end i just gave up

• 1 month later...