eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

Hey nando, what about idle power consumption in SB vs. IB? That's a very important factor in a mobile environment. Did you say anything about IB being more consuming at idle? This could only be tested on IB system, by pulling the IB cpu and plugging a similar specifications SB cpu...

@kaladeth: could you please try to see in throttlestop the voltage and TDP at maximum multithread performance and at x27 multiplier (such as nando is testing)? Also, what about the temps of your 2860qm? Thanks.

sskillz shows a SB i7-2760QM (ES) consumes 36W at x27 (Throttlestop bench) at http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2090-hp-elitebook-2560p-owners-lounge-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-2.html#post79495 . In 2570P thread we see a IVB i7-quad consumes between 22W-26W at x27, depending on individual CPU binning REF: http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge-37.html#post77432 . So IVB is 10-14W more efficient at x27. sskillz sees only x27 with 4-cores running, a significant drop from the "x32 on 4-cores" Intel rating. That's because of TDP throttling.

As to idle, I did test a SB 2560P vs a IVB 2570P. The lowest I got the former was 4.6W (with SSD). The latter got as low as 5.4W (with HDD). I attribute the higher IVB consumption due to the Series-7 chipset's integrated USB 3.0. Though putting both under load sees SB quickly lose that idle advantage.

• Thumbs Up 1

sskillz shows a SB i7-2760QM (ES) consumes 36W at x27 (Throttlestop bench) at http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2090-hp-elitebook-2560p-owners-lounge-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-2.html#post79495 . In 2570P thread we see a IVB i7-quad consumes between 22W-26W at x27, depending on individual CPU binning REF: http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge-37.html#post77432 . So IVB is 10-14W more efficient at x27. sskillz sees only x27 with 4-cores running, a significant drop from the "x32 on 4-cores" Intel rating. That's because of TDP throttling.

Can such a huge downclock be related only to TDP? He probably had some overheating, because from 36 to 45W there's still some headroom. Nice step up on IB, by the way.

About idle power, I read on a german forum some time ago that the Lenovo E530 was also more power hungry ad idle than the E520. It was something like 5 vs 6 hours battery life, so pretty much the same as you are finding on your hp notebooks.

Can such a huge downclock be related only to TDP? He probably had some overheating, because from 36 to 45W there's still some headroom. Nice step up on IB, by the way.

About idle power, I read on a german forum some time ago that the Lenovo E530 was also more power hungry ad idle than the E520. It was something like 5 vs 6 hours battery life, so pretty much the same as you are finding on your hp notebooks.

The T_junction of the 2760QM is 5c lower (Tjunc = 100c), which makes me believe it starts throttling even earlier than our 37xx/38xxQM's (Tjunc = 105c), which are showing throttling behavior already @ ~92c.

• Thumbs Up 1

hi my friends ...

i have a problem with my pe4h

i buy a pe4h v3.2 with sapphire r9 280x toxic graphic and a power supply

my laptop is sony vpcf11cgx ...

i connect all cables and all of need to be connected and then plug express card in my laptop and turn it on ...

in my external lcd i see windows loading

but when it want to show logon screen it freezes and hang it ...

and i cant do anything

what can i do now ???

plz help me my friends

The T_junction of the 2760QM is 5c lower (Tjunc = 100c), which makes me believe it starts throttling even earlier than our 37xx/38xxQM's (Tjunc = 105c), which are showing throttling behavior already @ ~92c.

Hej dude, where is Your BF4 comparison for different GHz settings? ;)

the first image, a more accurate comparison of three cards in stock. you can see almost 7 fps difference between the GTX760 and GTX680 should be more which does not change the fact that this may be the reason for someone to invest in the GTX680.

post-10292-14494996896551_thumb.png

the second image is a comparison of the same logs but for the GTX760 OC = yield of GTX680 OC on stock ;)

post-10292-14494996897315_thumb.png

The third picture is a comparison of cards behavior, temperatures, TDP and mini fps GTX760 on stock and OC.

post-10292-14494996898118_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

hi my friends ...

i have a problem with my pe4h

i buy a pe4h v3.2 with sapphire r9 280x toxic graphic and a power supply

my laptop is sony vpcf11cgx ...

i connect all cables and all of need to be connected and then plug express card in my laptop and turn it on ...

in my external lcd i see windows loading

but when it want to show logon screen it freezes and hang it ...

and i cant do anything

what can i do now ???

plz help me my friends

Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Do you have Setup 1.x? Since it's a AMD card you might need to perform a DSDT override as well.

Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Do you have Setup 1.x? Since it's a AMD card you might need to perform a DSDT override as well.

thank you for replying ...

i have windows 8.1

no unfortunetly i'm in iran and here i havn't paypal or international account to buy setup 1.x :( ... and i dont know what to do with it ...

DSDT ??? what is it ??? what can i do ??

Thanks everyone for your help. I finally got my eGPU set up with a GTX650Ti Boost. I'm using a 175W XBOX 360 PSU. All these scores are using the internal LCD, but if anyone wants me to run the benchmarks on an external please let me know.

For the leaderboard this time. I hooked the HDMI cable to the video card and ran all of the benchmarks on an external screen while disabling my laptop's internal screen.

3DMark06 - 21269

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,Hewlett-Packard 17DF

3DMark - Cloud Gate - 13554 / Fire Strike - 3549 / Ice Storm - 88497

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,Hewlett-Packard 17DF

3DMark 11 - 5083

3DMark Vantage - 18535

Heaven - 1135

post-8761-14494996898906_thumb.jpg

With the exception of Ice Storm, my performance loss is around 10 to 15% when running on the internal screen. My Heaven score seems low, maybe I have some settings that are different than what everyone else has been using?

Overall, I'm happy with the performance. These numbers are without overclocking, and apparently with OC many of these TiB cards can get to within 10% of a GTX660. Maybe a future project...

• Thumbs Up 3

thank you for replying ...

i have windows 8.1

no unfortunetly i'm in iran and here i havn't paypal or international account to buy setup 1.x :( ... and i dont know what to do with it ...

DSDT ??? what is it ??? what can i do ??

Ah, for Win8.1 you will need Setup 1.x for compaction and for loading the DSDT table.

The DSDT table allocates memory blocks for devices on the system. AMD cards need a 256MB contiguous block allocated to operate. Only a few laptops will actually read the eGPU and allocate enough space (aka it's rare). You might just be fine with Setup 1.x only however.

See my guide post in my signature if you want some more info on eGPU setup. Also see two videos I have made for working within Setup 1.x:

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-x.html#post78919

---

You don't need a PayPal account to send money to someone, you can use a credit card without setting up an account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

Hopefully that link works properly.

You would type in your email in the appropriate place, Tech Inferno [email protected] in 'their email' and then 25$USD for the amount. If there is a notes section, put in your Tech|Inferno user name so he knows it is you. Let me know if you need any help here (since you can't PM yet).

heyhey..

after reading all the guides, stickies and the f.a.q i am almost certain that i am going to replace my desktop pc with a laptop egpu setup!

but some questions are left...

1. I would prefer a simple starter setup.. one that doesnt require any bios modification.. is there any haswell\ivy bridge laptop that works really good? or a brand in general which performs well except apple? I like the t or w530 but it seems like "egpu setup" is required.. mbp is not an option..

2. I absolutely need a minimum cable length of 150cm.. i read in a english forum that it doesnt matter.. in a german forum somebody reported performance loss between 60cm and 100cm.

does anybody run a egpu setup with 150+ cm cable length with good benchmarks?

(i will only use the internal laptop display)

help is greatly appreciated!

heyhey..

after reading all the guides, stickies and the f.a.q i am almost certain that i am going to replace my desktop pc with a laptop egpu setup!

but some questions are left...

1. I would prefer a simple starter setup.. one that doesnt require any bios modification.. is there any haswell\ivy bridge laptop that works really good? or a brand in general which performs well except apple? I like the t or w530 but it seems like "egpu setup" is required.. mbp is not an option..

2. I absolutely need a minimum cable length of 150cm.. i read in a english forum that it doesnt matter.. in a german forum somebody reported performance loss between 60cm and 100cm.

does anybody run a egpu setup with 150+ cm cable length with good benchmarks?

(i will only use the internal laptop display)

help is greatly appreciated!

You don't need BIOS modifications for any eGPU setup that I know of.

For most eGPU applications you will need Setup 1.x It can be very zippy as shown in the two videos I made at the end of that thread.

One of the better eGPU systems is a HP 2570P. Very solid IVB system. I personally would like to get one if I ever get the chance to offload my current system.

See here for cable length:

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-38.html#post67617

naturbo2000 uses a 200cm cable. No change in bandwidth (actually 1MB/s higher) than my 60cm cable. So cable length doesn't matter.

The performance on external is much, much better, so if you can run an external that would be much better. (I said 'much' a lot in that sentence..)

:(((((( i want to buy it but i cant do this in my country ...

this setup 1.x doesn't have free version that i can get it without purchase ??

i need it ...

plz help me ...

I looked around, sorry to hear about PayPal and Iran. I thought you might be able to send money out with PayPal, but you can't even do that >_>

No free version for the software.

@Tech Inferno Fan - ping!

Overall, I'm happy with the performance. These numbers are without overclocking, and apparently with OC many of these TiB cards can get to within 10% of a GTX660. Maybe a future project...

About your xbox psu (very interesting :) ), How did you get the red cable (5V) to be detachable from the PE4L? It can't go through that 8 pin cpu cable, can it?

No it isn't thermal I ran my PC over a AC unit and the ~10 seconds benchmark (32M) started, stayed, and ended with my CPU running at 27x multi while temp were under 62.

And I'm not alone, another forum user reported the same with the same laptop and cpu.

Here's my ThrottleStop bench log:

nopaste.info - free nopaste script and service

I'm a developer and programmer for mobile application in my country and in this cases i help others !

Send @Tech Inferno Fan a PM and see what can be done. I'm sure he will help.

• Thumbs Up 1

About your xbox psu (very interesting :) ), How did you get the red cable (5V) to be detachable from the PE4L? It can't go through that 8 pin cpu cable, can it?

I chose that particular extension cable because it had 8 wires and the male end plugs into the female end. Its original purpose as a CPU extension cable is a coincidence, the cable met my need for the number of wires I needed, wire length, wire gauge, and the ability for the ends to plug into each other and lock. I cut the wires so that the male end had about 2" and the female end had the remainder, and soldered the ends to where I wanted them to go. I cut off the XBOX end and soldered the male side to it, and soldered the female side to the appropriate connectors on the eGPU side. I made the 5V switchable by running the 5V red wire from the floppy molex to the same side of the switch as the blue XBOX PSU wire (5V to the blue wire signals for the 12V to activate).

I made my observations with the 5V disconnected by trying to troubleshoot my 203W PSU that I fried. I reconnected 5V in my final setup for a number of reasons, but to mainly reduce the load on the 3.3V from the motherboard (3.3V gets converted to 5V on the PE4L, and I was having some issues with my other PCIE devices during testing with the GPU on 3.3V power) and to run/charge USB devices.

In the end, you can just pull the 5V connector from the molex floppy power connector to your PE4L. If you're running an ATX power supply like pretty much everyone is doing, you probably only have one. If I do that on mine, I risk damaging the only connector I have and it's a pain in the butt to replace. Did I answer your question?

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks for the reply! very happy to hear that i can use a long cable :)

the hp you suggested looks good but i forgot to mention that i need a 14-15 inch laptop.. anything smaller is going to be too small as i will mainly use the internal display!

i read about the performance loss with the internal display.. but sadly there is no way for me to carry a monitor around with me and its still much better then normal gaming laptops.

after some more research i nailed it down to

t or w530 (a german poster had great success with this one)

t or w540 (only thing holding me back is no egpu threads about them)

dell 6520

dell 6540 (same as above)

i really want an haswell cpu.. but this setup will be bought 100% with egpu in mind... and if for some reason egpu wont be possible its going to be alot of wasted money :/

any suggestions between the both laptops mentioned above?

EDIT:

6520/6530 is hard to come by and the 6540 version with EC slot isnt avalable and most likely wont be..

so thath means most likely i will get the t or w540.. any comments / opinions on thos or other haswell laptops appreciated!

Well my SB 2560P 4.6W vs IVB 2570P 5.4W idle test was with SSD vs HDD. A SSD can consume virtually no power in HIPM+DIPM slumber mode as discussed at AnandTech | SanDisk Extreme II Review (480GB, 240GB, 120GB) , whereas my HDD consumes 0.8W MKxx61GSYN Series in low power idle. That's exactly the 0.8W difference I noted.

I had already been using an extensive set of 2570P tweaks as documented at http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge.html#post38399 . Without the ASPMs L0s/L1 tweak, the 2570P's SD/MMC upgraded controller was consuming an addition ~1.8W idle power making it significantly worse than a 2560P.

Upon viewing your comments I wondered if I could possible squeeze out some more battery savings? Yes, a further up to 0.3W gain was possible by (1) Disable USB 3.0 - function disable bit 27 (2) Use Throttlestop to decrease multiplier from x12 to x8. Function disable is at 0xFED1F418 on my HP. That may be different on yours. Find it by doing a PCI read of 0:1f.0 f0 (32-bit) but set the rightmost digit to zero, then add 0x3418 it. Use the RWEverything utility to do the pci read then the memory read/write for disabling USB 3.0. Doing a device manager rescan afterwards to see it disappear.

Now if I had a SSD I'd love to show a ~4.6W idling 2570P. That would be at least 2W better than as supplied by HP. The Haswell "power efficient" ULT (ULV) platform idles just under 4W. There might not be much in it at idle.

• Thumbs Up 1

First version of my test. I will edit it and add a few pictures the next days :)

My Setup:

[FONT=arial]Notebook:[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]

[FONT=arial]MacBook Pro Retina ´13 (Late 2013)[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]CPU[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]

[FONT=arial]Intel Core i7 (4558U „Haswell“) 2,8GHz[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Internal Memory[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]16GB Ram[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]HDD[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]256GB SSD[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Graphics Card(internal)[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]

[FONT=arial]Intel Iris 5100[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Graphics Card(external)[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]

[FONT=arial]NVIDIA GTX 570[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Operating System[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]

[FONT=arial]Windows 8.1[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]My results and comparisons consist on my own setup and don’t reflect the full gamut of other notebook-vendors and other setups. [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]VillageTronic Vidock 4 Plus Overdrive[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]The ViDock comes with two 6-pin power connectors and can handle up to 320Watt. A double width and full length graphics card fits in it. But you need to take care of the width, because more than the exact dopple width of 1.4inch (5,08cm) won’t fit. [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Installation:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]1. Turn your MacBook off[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]2. Connect only the Sonnet Echo Pro to your MacBook[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]3. Press the Power Button while pressing the ALT-key.[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]4. Choose your Windows partition and press „Enter“[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]5. After pressing „Enter“ plug your ViDock directly in your Sonnet Echo (immediately)[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]6. Install the newest NVIDIA driver[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]7. Restart (Repeat 1.-5.)[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]8. Use your ViDock[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]Additional: You can change the display mode with pressing „CMD“ + “P“[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Pros[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Cons[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]aluminium housing[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]To use it on a MacBook you need an additional adapter (Sonnet Echo Pro 169$) + Thunderbolt Cable 39$[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]no additional tools are needed to open the case[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]only x1 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]you can use your internal display[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]starting routine[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]cheap way to get an eGPU on Thunderbolt (with case, PSU and no additional work)[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]heat generation[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]extrem boost through x1[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]easy to connect and use under windows 8.1[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]usable for Expresscard and Thunderbolt[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]easy-to-transport in a bag[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]well working online-support for any issues[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]Sonnet Express III-D[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]The ViDock comes with one 6-pin power and three PCIe-Slots. All conventional graphics cards will fit in it, because there is much space in the width and length. To connect newer graphics card you need another PSU .[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Installation:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Only start your notebook with plugged in Sonnet Express III-D[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Pros[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Cons[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]By the end of January 2014 Thunderbolt 2 x4 speed[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]extremely expensive[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]only one device[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]no NVIDIA Optimus driver, means only external display[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]can handle more devices at the same time[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]tools are necessary to open the case[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]quiet, temperature-controlled fans[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]only one 6-pin auxiliary power connector[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]easy installation[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]with Thunderbolt 1 (10Gbits) not as fast as a ViDock[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]bigger cards fits too [/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]you need an extra PSU for the most graphics cards[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Sonnet gives no support for using a graphics card[/FONT][/FONT]

3Dmark06 3DMark11 3DMarkVantage
Intel Iris 5100 8159 1443 5895
ViDock with external display 21779 5018 16762
ViDock with

internal display
17247 4965 15269
Sonnet Echo Express III-D (TB 1 with 10Gbits) 17776 4759 16018

I hope Thunderbolt 2 and a newer graphics card gives the sonnet more performance^^

[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]3DMark11[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Intel Iris 5100[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7736320[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]ViDock external[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7737387[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]ViDock internal[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7737309[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Sonnet Echo Express[/FONT][/FONT] http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7738973
[FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]3DMark Vantage[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Intel Iris 5100[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4911503[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]ViDock external[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4911403[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]ViDock internal[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4911453[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Sonnet Echo Express[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4911736[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]3DMark06[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Intel Iris 5100[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17487918[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]ViDock external[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17487930[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]ViDock internal[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17487973[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Sonnet Echo Express[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17488077[/FONT][/FONT]
  • Thumbs Up 4

Did I answer your question?

Yup, very well. Thank you very much. :)

I had already been using an extensive set of 2570P tweaks as documented at http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge.html#post38399 . Without the ASPMs tweak, the 2570P's SD/MMC upgraded controller was consuming an addition ~1.8W idle power making it significantly worse than a 2560P.

Very interesting list of battery tweaks.

i have windows 8.1 pro and want to DSDT override ....

i do everything that you said but id doesn't work for me and don't create a large memory ...

what can i do ??

Be more specific, whats your system specs , gpu? setup 1.x?

What exactly doesn't work? Does it setup 1.x compacts it successfully ? is it a BSOD? etc...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.