Lets enable overclocking on all 6 and 7 series laptops

I will try again later today and post my results
@Khenglish

Nothing changed. I tried reflashing your me fw bin and reinstalling XTU versions. According to the reference image you uploaded here , reference clock is in its place, but greyed and Intel Me key icon is missing (bad ME?)

Hmm this is my 2nd mod in the past 2 days that didn't work. Let me check it vs another.

This may sound stupid, but I just check on your first post and every other Ivy Bridge system that succeeded uses an qm77 chipset.

Is it possible that Intel "locked" XTU and it doesn't work on HM76 chipset? Is there anyone with an HM76 chipset that succeeded?

Yes, only for 77 series of chipset, not for 76.

Does anybody know of a way to run CCT.efi before EOP (End of POST signal from BIOS) because according whenever I try cct sl which tries to unlock all ICC registers, it gives me an error saying it's not supported after​ EOP..

Okay, ignore my last post, I think I found an alternative to allow HM76 users access to ICC lib (rather, more options to try). I created and flash an ME FW and tried to trick ME into recognizing my HM76 as an HM77 by changing it near the top. Also, I used the wizard this time (f9), and chose the ME8_1.5M_PreProduction (from the zip, I don't remember if it's from the OP or somewhere else..) because I found out it also has the necessary bit which enables manufacturing mode. Having this enabled give you more access to the FOVS (from fpt -FOVS or fpt -CFGGEN) as well as the VARS. For example, if I would try to obtain the MEBxpassword *before,* when mfg was disabled, it would return some error. Now, as you can see below, it gives you the value.

Mfgmode_en_zpsa762a7ec.png

Also, have read some forums posts where people were able to enter MEBx setup by hitting CTRL+P during POST, and disabling Intel ME Firmware (it doesn't actually disable, but as close as you can get). If you are able to do this, then the BIOS will be unable able to send the EOP signal to ME, therefore allowing successful use of the cct sl command (hypothesis) with Clock Commander Tool (attempts to unlock all ICC registers). I don't know if they were on 1.5mb or 5mb versions.

Can someone help me unlock ICC? I can't enter MEBx setup via CTRL+P, also can't get ME FW to think my HM76 is a HM77.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Every One, I have lenevo y50 and i want to overclock my cpu by increasing BCLK or multiplier. as before with Thottlestop 7 beta i could increase multiplier up to 37 in one core and 35 on 4 core and full stable in stress with -65 mV. i want to overclock my cpu by unlock tdp and increase BCLK or another options , i there any body to help me to do this? also prema unlock my vbios and my 860m maxwell well work on +250 mhz on core and +550 mhz vRam.

more info:

post-30272-14494999461873_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999462112_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999460125_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999460481_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999460741_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999461022_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999461317_thumb.png

post-30272-14494999461594_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. I came across this thread referenced from ThrottleStop thread. I carefully read the first post, but before I even begin, would this work at all for an ultra low voltage CPU? I have a 3517U in my UX32VD. So far I've been able to increase the TDP limits with ThrottleStop which allows full boost indefinitely. That's nice, but a small overclock would be nice :) Cheers.

Hi guys. I came across this thread referenced from ThrottleStop thread. I carefully read the first post, but before I even begin, would this work at all for an ultra low voltage CPU? I have a 3517U in my UX32VD. So far I've been able to increase the TDP limits with ThrottleStop which allows full boost indefinitely. That's nice, but a small overclock would be nice :) Cheers.

Yeah if you can get the firmware dump and are are to flash it will work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet! I'll have to do this very very carefully. If anyone has done this on a Asus Zenbook (UX31 or UX32) please chime in!

Just for kicks, I'd like to try this on an old old Dell Inspiron 9300. It has a Pentium-M 1.86Ghz 533MHz FSB. I tried installing XTU but it says hardware not supported. What would I use to actually change the CPU BCLK once I unlock the bios? I don't want to change the FSB only as that quickly becomes unstable due to other components.

Just for kicks, I'd like to try this on an old old Dell Inspiron 9300. It has a Pentium-M 1.86Ghz 533MHz FSB. I tried installing XTU but it says hardware not supported. What would I use to actually change the CPU BCLK once I unlock the bios? I don't want to change the FSB only as that quickly becomes unstable due to other components.

You could try a different version of XTU. I have a 5200U and XTU v5.x gives me hardware unsupported error, but any other version it works fine. That is, assuming you already did the ME FW step.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, I'm hoping someone has been in a similar situation and was able to overcome it :)

I have an HP 15 Notebook (r210dx), with a 5200U cpu. When I boot to EFI and try to change most variables, I get an error stating the variable cannot be changed in an EFI environment; so that's a no go. I dumped my BIOS, and extracted it via hex editor; but the problem I'm having is according to the ME FW dump when viewed in FITC, the flash descriptor is already 0xFF for all of them; but according to MEinfo, they're locked && can't dump/flash via FPT either, so MEinfo should be more accurate. I also can't find the corresponding bits in hex edit either. Unless ME 10.x has different values for LOCKED (e.g. 0A 0B, 0C 0D, 08 08).

Can someone mod my ME FW or tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've attached my ME dump. Thanks in advance.

Oops, forgot to mention, WIN+left+right doesn't work for me, have tried mashing, as well as holding those keys.

me.zip

Alright this is where I'm at with my Asus UX32VD, please help me proceed.

I've made the FW dump with fptw64.exe.

I opened it up in FITC. It's detected as "Intel 7 Series Chipset / Intel HM76 - Mobile". Someone on the previous page was having issues with a HM76 chipset?

I changed the following bits as I think this is all you changed, and this is what I saw recommended in the Intel PDF regarding overclocking in the ME section of the firmware.

ICC Data\ICC Profile 0\FCIM/BTM Specific ICC Registers:

Clock Source Select: from 0x00011A33 to 0x00011A34

SRC Source Select: from 0x00033733 to 0x00133744

PLL Reference Clock Select: from 0x00088CBF to 0x000A8CBE

Divider Enable: from 0x000005EB to 0x000005FF

SSC Control: from 0x00010000 to 0x00000000

ICC Data\ICC Profile 0\ICC Registers:

PI12BiasParms: from 0x08880888 to 0x00000888

Can you please verify this is correct? I really don't wanna brick this laptop. Also, how do I build just this portion?

I'm thinking: Build, build settings, check "build compact image". Any other settings I need to change?

I opened it up in FITC. It's detected as "Intel 7 Series Chipset / Intel HM76 - Mobile". Someone on the previous page was having issues with a HM76 chipset?

I changed the following bits as I think this is all you changed, and this is what I saw recommended in the Intel PDF regarding overclocking in the ME section of the firmware.

Can you please verify this is correct? I really don't wanna brick this laptop. Also, how do I build just this portion?

I'm thinking: Build, build settings, check "build compact image". Any other settings I need to change?

I have (or had, bricked but not beyond recovery) a y580 which is also HM76. I have spent hours and hours trying to get it to work and later learned that it is impossible to enable any sort of extended ICC control on chipsets (that Intel has labeled) which do not support overclocking. There is a chart in one of the PDFs from the IMEI system tools .zip file. I had a 3920XM in my HM76 board (it's an unlocked cpu !!) and had no more OCing capabilities than I did with my 3610QM, which is a locked cpu. Both before, and after flashing a modified ME FW, while also checking that the ICC registers were the correct values via cct.exe (from IMEI tools, and they were correct), ressulted in the same limited control in XTU/throttlestop/setFSB/etc.

I even went as far as to contact Intel and was told that it is a hardware limitation, despite the fact that firmware is supposed to control hardware, but I can't fully understand that concept so I might be wrong. You can look at my previous posts to view my progress and things I tried.

Just my two cents.

I have (or had, bricked but not beyond recovery) a y580 which is also HM76. I have spent hours and hours trying to get it to work and later learned that it is impossible to enable any sort of extended ICC control on chipsets (that Intel has labeled) which do not support overclocking. There is a chart in one of the PDFs from the IMEI system tools .zip file. I had a 3920XM in my HM76 board (it's an unlocked cpu !!) and had no more OCing capabilities than I did with my 3610QM, which is a locked cpu. Both before, and after flashing a modified ME FW, while also checking that the ICC registers were the correct values via cct.exe (from IMEI tools, and they were correct), ressulted in the same limited control in XTU/throttlestop/setFSB/etc.

I even went as far as to contact Intel and was told that it is a hardware limitation, despite the fact that firmware is supposed to control hardware, but I can't fully understand that concept so I might be wrong. You can look at my previous posts to view my progress and things I tried.

Just my two cents.

Damn, yea I noticed that you were having problems. Would it hurt for me to try? Are the changes I have made sufficient? Were you trying something else when you bricked it?

Flyview said:
Damn, yea I noticed that you were having problems. Would it hurt for me to try? Are the changes I have made sufficient? Were you trying something else when you bricked it?

Brick happened because of something stupid I did. I was trying to see if I could un-greyout some of the settings under Advanced->Extended ICC in my BIOS; all in effort to do what I couldn't do with ME FW. Basically I ungreyed some bits that were supposedly undefined, followed by a bad flash. Could have been recoverable but thunderstorm caused a temporary blackout and I forgot to put battery in. GG WP cyal8r mobo :(

Wouldn't hurt to try. Just do exactly was the OP says and change only things under ICC subsection along with the other one or two settings outside of that. Pretty sure chances of bricking are slim to none, assuming you only change what is stated in the post. Don't take my word for it though, I am only saying that based on what I have experienced with one motherboard, along with reading a lot of different threads on a lot of different forums ( techinferno, etc).

blowntaha said:
Brick happened because of something stupid I did. I was trying to see if I could un-greyout some of the settings under Advanced->Extended ICC in my BIOS; all in effort to do what I couldn't do with ME FW. Basically I ungreyed some bits that were supposedly undefined, followed by a bad flash. Could have been recoverable but thunderstorm caused a temporary blackout and I forgot to put battery in. GG WP cyal8r mobo :(

Wouldn't hurt to try. Just do exactly was the OP says and change only things under ICC subsection along with the other one or two settings outside of that. Pretty sure chances of bricking are slim to none, assuming you only change what is stated in the post. Don't take my word for it though, I am only saying that based on what I have experienced with one motherboard, along with reading a lot of different threads on a lot of different forums (techinferno, etc).

Wow that's pretty unlucky! Well I'll give it a shot and see if it really is our chipset that's the problem. The OP hasn't said exactly which lines to change. I opened his modded ME in fitc and the lines I changed (posted above) seem to be the only ones he changed, but I'm not sure. Could you verify?

Wow that's pretty unlucky! Well I'll give it a shot and see if it really is our chipset that's the problem. The OP hasn't said exactly which lines to change. I opened his modded ME in fitc and the lines I changed (posted above) seem to be the only ones he changed, but I'm not sure. Could you verify?

I won't get to it until tomorrow. It's fairly straight forward, just open both your ME dump and the one Khenglish uploaded in FITC, side by side, and just copy everything in the extended ICC tabs, along with changing "number of flash devices" to zero (this will cause only the ME FW to be built instead of a bunch of different ones); it's located in one of the top sections. As long as you do just that, and assuming there is no PEBKAC and no problems with flashing, I don't see any risk unless your specific laptop model is prone to problems.. Worst case scenario, you will have to perform BIOS recovery, but I doubt it'd come to that just by making the changes I've stated. Just out of curiosity, what laptop model?

Reason I am so confident is because I have been in many soft brick scenarios, mostly with my y580, but have had experience with others as well, and I was almost always able to recover via bios recovery. Every laptop is different, proceed with the information I have provided at your own risk.

Those look identical to the changes I had to make when I first stumbled upon this thread. You are good to go with those values. Just make sure you set number of flash devices to 0 at the top so that when you build your image, it will be simplified, and equal sized output image (this is how you "build just this portion").

@Tech Inferno Fan or @Khenglish

I got my flash descriptor unlocked, and I dumped my ME image in DOS using FPT, but when I was trying to copy the settings needed from the ocme.bin in the OP..... I can't tell which bits correspond to each other between ME10 and ME8. Could one of you please point me in the right direction or if you have time, modify it for me? Here is my ME dump. Thanks!

blown_ME10.zip

Those look identical to the changes I had to make when I first stumbled upon this thread. You are good to go with those values. Just make sure you set number of flash devices to 0 at the top so that when you build your image, it will be simplified, and equal sized output image (this is how you "build just this portion").

@Tech Inferno Fan or @Khenglish

I got my flash descriptor unlocked, and I dumped my ME image in DOS using FPT, but when I was trying to copy the settings needed from the ocme.bin in the OP..... I can't tell which bits correspond to each other between ME10 and ME8. Could one of you please point me in the right direction or if you have time, modify it for me? Here is my ME dump. Thanks!

So I flashed my modified firmware (just built and flashed the full thing), nothing additional unlocked in XTU or ThrottleStop that I can tell. In fact, I could have sworn that in XTU, I previously could see "Reference clock - 100Mhz" greyed out but now I can't see it at all.

I tried attaching my original and modified ME regions here but it says invalid file. Tried both .bin and .rar.

• Bios Modder
So I flashed my modified firmware (just built and flashed the full thing), nothing additional unlocked in XTU or ThrottleStop that I can tell. In fact, I could have sworn that in XTU, I previously could see "Reference clock - 100Mhz" greyed out but now I can't see it at all.

I tried attaching my original and modified ME regions here but it says invalid file. Tried both .bin and .rar.

Just use .zip

If the changes that you actually made was in fact:

then you are probably SOL.

I am pretty sure that enabling BCLK OCing is either downright impossible on HM76 chipset or it requires much deeper modification (which I attempted, failed, and gave up on). Good luck on whatever you choose to do. If by chance you are worried about any possible bottlenecking then rest assured that a 3610QM did not bottleneck my GTX 970 eGPU setup.

If the changes that you actually made was in fact:

then you are probably SOL.

I am pretty sure that enabling BCLK OCing is either downright impossible on HM76 chipset or it requires much deeper modification (which I attempted, failed, and gave up on). Good luck on whatever you choose to do. If by chance you are worried about any possible bottlenecking then rest assured that a 3610QM did not bottleneck my GTX 970 eGPU setup.

Yea I guess so. Here's my original and modified ME regions (in .zip). I just realized the modified one is much larger. I took these from the files FITC first created for the original, and from the Int folder for the new one.

ME Region - modified.zip

ME Region.zip

Yea I guess so. Here's my original and modified ME regions (in .zip). I just realized the modified one is much larger. I took these from the files FITC first created for the original, and from the Int folder for the new one.

Is the modified ME Region an ME dump after flashing or an exact copy of one created in FITC? Because neither image has the necessary bits set.

Is the modified ME Region an ME dump after flashing or an exact copy of one created in FITC? Because neither image has the necessary bits set.

Seriously!? The modified one I pulled from the "Int" (Intermediate) build folder. It creates these when building the full .bin image which I flashed.

Seriously!? The modified one I pulled from the "Int" (Intermediate) build folder. It creates these when building the full .bin image which I flashed.

Make sure you set "number of flash devices" to zero so thay only the ME portion is created, do all flashing and dumping in DOS. If it still doesnt work you can try extracting an IFR structure.txt file and then looking for any vars that you might want to change. Probably wont get BCLK control, but you might be able to change turbo multis