Lets enable overclocking on all 6 and 7 series laptops

hey yo khenglish you there man?? can you help me mod my me? its already dumped and uploaded...

- - - Updated - - -

cmon guys anyone out there that can do this for me man?

Have some patience and someone will most likely help you out, posting the same question 4 times won't help.

thanks.....and well i checked and i can try this out cuz it does use the clock source select 11a33 and the info says change it to 11a34 under fcim/btm .......but i have no idea of what the other icc values need to be..i need help from someone that knows howw.......... i got the link should i post it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84pdcwezhvia6bl/me.zip can you help me mod it khenglish pleease....

thanks.....and well i checked and i can try this out cuz it does use the clock source select 11a33 and the info says change it to 11a34 under fcim/btm .......but i have no idea of what the other icc values need to be..i need help from someone that knows howw.......... i got the link should i post it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84pdcwezhvia6bl/me.zip

I'll get to it in a bit.

Also FYI FITC always throws an error when working with 6 series chipsets. I think it likely builds proper images anyway, but I will verify this in a few days once a programmer arrives so I can try it on my older 6 series laptop.

hey man you online man that awesome.....hey i got the bios dump also if its needed and the me with the bios dumped together also...im just saying if its a requirement.......i also found a bunch of those tools in About Intel Management Engine firmware thanks and the fptw64 -d output.bin i got here https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxu54l312084bx5/output.zip if its needed to help me overclock..... here is the bios dump by itself also https://www.dropbox.com/s/abznwhdcjdte8hh/bios.zip and the me firmware link also

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84pdcwezhvia6bl/me.zip pch is hm65 6 series

Ok, just took a more detailed look and understood almost everything in your changes.

However, I still have some things I don't understand.

First, I've decided to test making a ME dump using fpt. And the result was like:

D:\bios_tools\upload\fpt_used_for_dump>fpt -me -d me_dumped.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 9.5.1.1458
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) HM87 Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
W25Q64BV ID:0xEF4017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

- Reading Flash [0x200000] 2036KB of 2036KB - 100% complete.
Writing flash contents to file "me_dumped.bin"...

Memory Dump Complete
FPT Operation Passed

But your ME.bin file is only 1,544,192 bytes. Checked the file with a hex compare and everything in my dump at the end seems to be padded with FF. Is this ok? (Already saw what you said in first post, but I need to confirm again).

Also, decided to decompile the dumped ME in FITC and noticed something else that IS in this FITC dump but is not in your modded ME and also it was not in the original 8MB image I sent to you.

Take a look at the image attached.

What is that about?

Should I add it to your modded ME file?

Hi Arise, Do you still have version 9.5.1.1458 of Intel FPT? I have not been able to find it anywhere, please help if you can. Thanks

Well it turns out that FITC does in fact build bad images for ME7 systems (it even modifies the BIOS region, resulting in a brick).

Hopefully I can find a way to make FITC build proper ME7 images.

UPDATE: Prema fixed the flash descriptor for me and it now works. Results coming in a few hours.

donkey = HERO. I've tried Universal, Testback, a few versions of Flashit, and so many versions of FPT that I was literally getting ill. This one FINALLY allowed me to dump my Lenovo Flex 14 BIOS. Thank you so much

I successfully overclocked my notebook. Thank you all!!

Notebook: Dell Inspiron N5110 (same to Dell Vostro 3550)

PCH: HM67

ME: 7.1.60.1193

ME RW access: HDA_SDO pin

gtrqiGAs.pngcuWlDprs.pngl6qCv8js.jpg

Instructions:

1. Dump ME firmware with fptw64.exe -ME -D dump.bin
  2. Open dump.bin file with ftic.exe and set Number of Flash Components to 0
    RvniY8G.png
  3. Build Imageoutimage.bin will be generated.
  4. Rename outimage.bin to outimage0.bin
  5. Make required modifications and Build Image again.
    Gallery
  6. Compare outimage0.bin and outimage.bin with Beyond Compare or any another tool.
    y2bllGI.png
  7. Open dump.bin with a hex editor, search for outimage0.bin values and replace them with outimage.bin values. Eg: If you changed SRC Source Select from 0x00033733 to 0x00133734 you'll need to change 33 37 03 00 to 34 37 13 00 a single time. All values changed are placed at close offsets.
  8. Flash ME firmware with fptw64.exe -ME -F dump.bin

XTU:

I6aEUhxs.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I successfully overclocked my notebook. Thank you all!!

Notebook: Dell Inspiron N5110 (same to Dell Vostro 3550)

PCH: HM67

ME: 7.1.60.1193

ME RW access: HDA_SDO pin

gtrqiGAs.pngcuWlDprs.pngl6qCv8js.jpg

ME Diff:

y2bllGIs.png

XTU:

I6aEUhxs.png

Nice! I've been trying to mod my 6 series Dell laptop's ME FW, but I found that FITC builds bad images for ME7 and am about to pull the download link on the front page (Rebuilt ME FW is half dead, flash descriptor is completely dead causing bricks). I'll try out your hex mod soon.

Also can you be more specific on how you altered HDA_SDO? The only way I know how to unlock Dell's is to desolder the flash ROMs.

Also can you be more specific on how you altered HDA_SDO? The only way I know how to unlock Dell's is to desolder the flash ROMs.

L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!) (scroll down to "Descriptor Securiy Override") or #2627

Realtek audio IC has a different pinout. Mine need shorting pin4 and pin7.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Florin9doi

OK I see what you did. Just to clarify, you only used FITC to generate reference values to change?

Also why did you change the flash descriptor when we aren't even flashing the flash descriptor? If you flash the FITC generated descriptor, even with no modifications, the laptop will be bricked.

@Florin9doi

OK I see what you did. Just to clarify, you only used FITC to generate reference values to change?

Yes.

Also why did you change the flash descriptor when we aren't even flashing the flash descriptor?

If Number of Flash Components isn't 0 FITC will generate 3 full flash files who have 4-16MB. Leaving it default probably don't make any difference for my purpose but generating ME only is easier to compare it with ME firmware extracted by fptw64.exe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

When looking at 4700HQ Haswell specs I see it supports fine bclk adjustments but also coarse bclk adjustments.

Would be possible to get coarse bclk enabled? Small increases in fine bclk like +2.5MHz over 100 proves unstable, but maybe a different gear ratio would work?

Could this be accomplished?

Also I see in several haswell oc guides on the internet that there is a source for all voltages. But in XTU I only see voltages for core and uncore. Why I can't see the fivr voltage also?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I need to do something, got MSI GX780 here, currently flashed with GT780R stock bios for RAID purposes (still identifies as GX780R) who can share live links for svet's ME_Port.com ? What are my steps needed to be taken?

Thanks

I got "error 75: fparts.txt" file not found. The file is in its place of course.

fptw64 not recognized my flash rom. How can i get my flash rom data. I can put it in the fparts.txt file.

Microsoft Windows [verziószám: 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Minden jog fenntartva.

C:\Users\xxxxx>Windows64\fptw64 -d dump

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version: 7.1.20.1119

Copyright © 2007-2011, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel® HM67 Express Chipset Revision: Unknown

Error 75: "fparts.txt" file not found.

I got "error 75: fparts.txt" file not found. The file is in its place of course.

fptw64 not recognized my flash rom. How can i get my flash rom data. I can put it in the fparts.txt file.

Well if it can't find the fparts file there's no way it can recognize your flash ROM. I have never gotten this error so I don't know how to help you.

You need to look up the specs of your chip, I had to do the same thing one time. You just need to know what chip it is.

fptw64 wont work on my system (under windows), I don't know why. Everything is ok when I boot up from usb. I tried to use ME_Port but no luck, it's seems it can't unlock read and write to ME, I got error 26 again. MESET the same.

So it seems I need to desoldering the chip.

• 4 weeks later...

@ezsolt

well, you can try the bridge pins trick.

examples for some laptops:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2091-lets-enable-overclocking-all-6-7-series-laptops-24.html#post84052

and also this one for the L502X

L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!) - Page 263

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/9289/4b73.jpg

@Khenglish or others

while reading our old posts.

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2091-lets-enable-overclocking-all-6-7-series-laptops-7.html

I noticed you mentionated about the 125MHz BCLK strap

since playing with those straps give huge overclocking increase over the just 5% limit of bclk.

where I can change those straps.

do it need to be bios modded? ME firmware modded? do the proccesor/socket need some kind of pin mod? or any some current software already do that? (Iike clover did for jkbuha)

I want to archive higher OC, specially while we confirmed it is posible from jkbuha laptop, wich is just a slim version of the L502X (my current lap)

I would also try clover, but since it was unable to load windows, it doesnt seems valid for me since I operate mainly from that.