Lets enable overclocking on all 6 and 7 series laptops

6 hours ago, CommandosGrozny said:

Thank you so much :) you are amazing! :)

I successfully did it proof ;)

5b1bd6485aab7_FinalOC.jpg.245df3489f9ea80c57ddb35da24f5960.jpg

Is there any reason for not passing above 102.7MHz BCLK? other than IGPU? well.. if it is indeed IGPU.. then is there a way to overclock IGPU so it gives us option to a higher BCLK ? 

Well no the problem is that igpu has to be disabled to go higher. On a laptop, (even ones with dgpu) , everything it routed through the igpu. Hdmi, display port, other graphics cards, etc. So disabling the igpu would make the laptop useless basically. Unless you run an external gpu. Then you could get around all that and overclock higher. I’m not entirely sure if changing the multipliers is possible. HWinfo64 says that the single core max is unlocked for me. I’ve not been able to pass the x35 multiplier. Maybe possible to adjust the turbo multipliers through hex? Just a thought.

Turbo_Max_capture.PNG

Edited by I506dk
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I actually decided to finish my modding work on my old G46VW during some time of my vacation (making it my TV and emulation box), so far I finished drilling vents for GPU and CPU fans, I will also mod a double pipe heatsink to complement this.

Now to the best part, I managed to get hold of a full 8MB dump for my system, which also happen to have the ME Descriptor unlocked (write).

@Khenglish

I wonder if you or anyone else with the experience would be able to help me modify my ME region dump to enable BLCK overclocking?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vb15od3j97skns/G46VW_MODPJB_ME_UNLOCKED.zip?dl=0

Your help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

OK cool, I finally found my way through the tutorial. It's a pleasure to announce that I managed to unlock the BCLK! (A shy 4.6% OC, I'll take it!)

g590NrQ.png

Here is my contribution to the final version of the unlocked G45VW V210 BIOS that Klem and ModJPB and many other has contributed to:

My final version contains the following:

• MODJPB BIOS as base (GTX 660M OC etc)
  • ME FW 8.1
  • Unlocked flash descriptor
  • Unlocked BCLK (reference clock)

Thanks everyone!

Edited by jacobsson

• 2 months later...

Hi, can anyone do backup of own E6430 with bios a21 or a22? I need dump of two bios chip under keyboard. I have flashed bios from web a14, because killed own. And now I have issue, I can't update bios in regular way and network adapter has error 10 and work only after turn it off, and then turn on.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, ericnickset said:

Hi, can anyone do backup of own E6430 with bios a21 or a22? I need dump of two bios chip under keyboard. I have flashed bios from web a14, because killed own. And now I have issue, I can't update bios in regular way and network adapter has error 10 and work only after turn it off, and then turn on.

Hi!

You can try this dump:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/pmow2p

and this:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/upi4ed

• 3 weeks later...
On 08.10.2018 at 6:23 PM, Klem said:

I have try both of this, firts is old a07, but the second is new a21 bios. I have flashed it. I still can't just update bios with official utility, but most issue have dissapear. I am very thank you

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I'm trying to mod an Inspiron 5520, but FITC corrupts the ME region (when comparing in HEX editor with original file, there are many different parts), and after flashing it the laptop doesn't boot, I have to reflash with external programmer. Steps I've followed to do the mod:

- Downloaded latest FITC for ME 8, version 8.1.40.1456

- Opened dump or ME region in FITC

- Changed the value under ICC profiles

- Build -> Build Image option

- And then used the files from Build folder, the laptop gets in bricked state after a restart (or doesn't even boot if flashing the files with external programmer)

Tried to open Build/Int/ files again with FITC and use the outimage/Decomp ones, same problem. Also I have tried to modify the entire BIOS file and modify only the ME region which is extracted with FPTW64. FITC downloaded from first post makes identical files with 8.1.40.1456.

What did I do wrong?

Edited by UDPSendToFailed

• 1 year later...

Curious if anyone has attempted to mod the ME firmware to overcome the artificial limit Intel sets on bclk OC for kabylake onwards (about 103mhz)?

@Khenglish have you tested similar mods with newer tech?

Would be keen to try something when I get my p870dm + ES 8700T.

Edited by moral hazard