Lets enable overclocking on all 6 and 7 series laptops

6 hours ago, Arise said:

58W is a value that implies that the cpu is in full load, or at least stressed with something.

At first you should try only raising the multiplier and validate the frequency.

After you do that you can switch back to the tdp rating?

What laptop do you have? What is the temperature when you have 58W in load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I understand that perfectly. 58W is the short time power limit which apparently works as a long term limit when I set short one to 80 and the long one to 100. Basically I'm aiming to get the multiplier to stick on full load, and with a 58W limit I can only hit 3,4-3,6ghz@8threads.

My laptop is Lenovo Y50-70.

The best thing about this is that my results are terribly inconsistent - a few times I managed to run a full 40+ multiplier on 8 thread load, and the power consumption skyrocketed to 80W but after a reboot it all faded away and I was back at hitting a brick wall at 58W, even when no conditions changed. 

has anyone successfully enabled xtu overclocking on;

p170sm

w110er

w230s d/x/t

?

and can share their ME firmwares? i tried on my w230sd but the option disappeared after flashing. i changed 0x00011A33 > 0x00011A34

was there something else i'm meant to change? the instructions were not clear.

Edited by rancorx2

Hello everyone, could'nt find anything form my good ole HP elitebook 8460p it runs on a  Intel QM67 chipset thus XTU should work with this mod, currently i still can't install it (stupid netframework problems)

Anyone did an overclock on 8460p F.42 Bios with this mod? I am willing to dump my ME FW just for the heck of it ^^

7 hours ago, Khenglish said:

The FITC available for 6 series chipsets is buggy. If you dump your ME FW I could give you a modded one back, but beware that it might not work.

ok, here are my ME FW's;

w230sd; http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/snwmU1ZT/file.html

w110er;  http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/8MKTI6pT/file.html

p170sm; http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/7KBrLOyG/file.html

maybe i'll have luck with one of them! Thank you in advance :)

Not that bad but it is supposed to do at least 4.5GHz with a little bit of cooling help according to Dufus. :)

Did you tried to repaste it already?

The voltage you set was with the offset or fixed?

my notebook repast with liquid ultra. i am planning to modify EC to run fans @ max speed. did you about know fans wire: balck,red,brown,yellow.

it seems for max fan some pin/wire must be disconnected or shorted.

adaptive voltage 1.3008 volt without offset.

On 3/1/2016 at 3:50 AM, rancorx2 said:

has anyone successfully enabled xtu overclocking on;

p170sm

w110er

w230s d/x/t

?

and can share their ME firmwares? i tried on my w230sd but the option disappeared after flashing. i changed 0x00011A33 > 0x00011A34

was there something else i'm meant to change? the instructions were not clear.

Prema's modded bios have overclocking enabled ME FW for all of these systems. There are many changes necessary to the ME FW for BCLK overclocking. In the guide I say to mirror changes in another image and post that image because there are so many.

For the P170sm only older ME FW allow for BCLK overclocking. Prema may have both linked in his thread.

I have changed the setting with older version, and it corrupted the image. Can i do it with a hex editor? And some questions:

Its possible to increase brightness steps, and set the brightness below minimum? It can be done under OSX (hackintosh).

If i do this mod, can i change the CPU voltage, and can i overclock the IGP?

How to bypass the TDP limits?

Can i change the fan speed control method?

And... How to unlock ME firmware on Acer laptops? Thanks for reply! :)

Edit: I have a BIOS setting named "ME FW Image Reflash". When i set it to enable, Windows won't boot, just the spinning circle. I have Windows 10 Pro x64.

Edited by UDPSendToFailed

What platform you have? Changing brightness could be possible, but if macos is doing it accessing the ACPI space and overriding the function bodies in dsdt then you will need to do same in windows.

You can probably try to edit the dsdt directly in BIOS and boot with it or try to override it like nando describes in egpu tutorials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a laptop with Intel HM65 PCH, I3 2310M CPU, so Sandy Bridge.

In OSX, there is a Kernel Extension which controls the backlight. https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Intel-Backlight

Brightness problem solved with DSDT edit. Can i replace DSDT in my laptop's BIOS with the edited one?

I have tested, its working. :) And.. How to edit the ME firmware? FITC creates a corrupt image. 

Also i have unlocked the BIOS, so i can read/write all regions.

Edit: I have tried to replace 00 33 1A 01 with 00 34 1A 01 in BIOS file with a hex editor, and flashed it with SPI, the laptop won't post. So i will give up overclocking CPU. Can i OC the IGP some way? And how can i patch the DSDT in BIOS?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone can assist I would like to OC my 4700HQ on a G750JH ROG laptop to 4GHz stable - prob is I have no idea what I am doing and will break it if I attempt alone!

Edited by ShoshinUK

• 4 weeks later...

Awwww right, little heads up. I've followed through the guide and managed to not brick my laptop. It's a budget acer e1-531 machine purchased in 2013. I was pleasantly surprised when I first used it as it included hm77 chipset bundled with a pentium b960 sandy bridge cpu. Quite an odd combination but I'm not complaining. Anyway three years later it needs a little bit of a speed boost. I got a great deal on core i5 3210m. Upgrade to ivy bridge went pretty smooth, but I'm still looking to get the most out of it. Flashing the ME WF only allowed me to round up the bus speed to full 100Mhz but no more. I suspect this is the end of the line for this budget machine, honestly it still allowed me to do more than I expected. If anyone knows or is willing to further help me out or confirm my suspicion I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by tkoutn

9 hours ago, tkoutn said:

Awwww right, little heads up. I've followed through the guide and managed to not brick my laptop. It's a budget acer e1-531 machine purchased in 2013. I was pleasantly surprised when I first used it as it included hm77 chipset bundled with a pentium b960 sandy bridge cpu. Quite an odd combination but I'm not complaining. Anyway three years later it needs a little bit of a speed boost. I got a great deal on core i5 3210m. Upgrade to ivy bridge went pretty smooth, but I'm still looking to get the most out of it. Flashing the ME WF only allowed me to round up the fsb to full 100Mhz but no more. I suspect this is the end of the line for this budget machine, honestly it still allowed me to do more than I expected. If anyone knows or is willing to further help me out or confirm my suspicion I would greatly appreciate it.

Link me your ME FW dump.

Hey guys,

So about a year ago I tried this and even though I was able to extract the bios ME region and modify it, it didn't unlock anything on my UX32VD with Intel HM76 board. Is there anything I can modify in the bios image to allow some undervolting? The CPU just gets way too hot when also running the dedicated GPU on this laptop. Attached is the ME region I extracted a year ago.

ME Region.zip

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, Flyview said:

Hey guys,

So about a year ago I tried this and even though I was able to extract the bios ME region and modify it, it didn't unlock anything on my UX32VD with Intel HM76 board. Is there anything I can modify in the bios image to allow some undervolting? The CPU just gets way too hot when also running the dedicated GPU on this laptop. Attached is the ME region I extracted a year ago.

ME Region.zip

To allow some undervolting for CPU, just use the nice program Intel XTU or ThrottleStop_8.1.

ME Region designed for another things.

5 hours ago, Klem said:

To allow some undervolting for CPU, just use the nice program Intel XTU or ThrottleStop_8.1.

ME Region designed for another things.

The voltage options are locked on this Ivy Bridge laptop. I was hoping to unlock them through modifying the BIOS?