What mouse & DPI do you game with?

Xonar

I use the tactX alienware mouse at the moment, feels pretty nice! Goes with my m18x which I'm parting with soon. Anyways, I'm not sure of the actual DPI, I never actually installed the software lol but I'm guessing the setting I'm using is around 1200 DPI.

Me personaly i have left the mouse and keyboard gaming many many years ago. I felt i got tired at just aiming at heads and klicking everything to death with no effort. So i have mastered the controller gaming. I perform almost as good with gamepad today as professionals do with mouse and keyboard. Also the games seems to run much smoother with gamepad than with mouse. AND the comfort is unrivaled :)

Still, I don't see any possible way I could play the games I usually play (Guild Wars 2, League of Legends) with a controller instead of a keyboard + mouse.

Wouldn't be fun lol but I have an older freeware Joy2Key and would allow you to control mouse and program as many keys the gamepad has to keyboard strokes. Not convenient but possible. I use a controller on racing games but thats about all. I have a few older ones programmed to it to but for fps or action role play i prefer the mouse and keyboard too.

Ill give gamepads this... You can sit back relaxed in a chair vs being over your keyboard thats a plus.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Mouse: Logitech G400

DPI: Default of 800 is perfect for me

mousepad: Cheapo Walmart $2 mousepad

I have used higher dollar higher DPI mice and never liked the feel of them like I do this mouse. I did like my Razer MMO mouse for just MMO's, but since I'm not playing and MMO's now I stopped using it completely. I like this mouse for general computer use and RPG and FPS games that I play. If I do need to change the DPI (which I rarely every do) I like the quick DPI buttons, handy to not have to go through drivers to do it.

Logitech G9 @ 3200 DPI. I find that adjusting windows sensitivity settings is far better because having windows sensitivity too high makes the mouse actually skip instead of flowing smoothly so having the mouse on max dpi and windows sensitivity low works the best.

I used to have a Zowie mouse which came with my Benq 120 Hz monitor, but it seems to have disappeared a few weeks ago... I guess I have to buy a new one, probably one from Logitech, although I will consider Razer as well.

Personally, I think any mouse with high refresh rate and low friction is good enough. Sure, gimmicks like adjustable sensitivity on the fly, more than 5 buttons and 3000+ DPI are not completely useless, but not really important either.

There is nothing like a cyborg M.M.O 7 6400dpi RATS, i mean 78 programmable commands for any game. I sound like a sales man. I like it so much I have a spare new in box in case the cable rips etc from too much gaming. It is so robust made out of metal and very adjustable thumb and hand rest etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually just gave with 800-1200 I find 1600 to be too much I also turn off the Mouse acceleration options in windows. I use a multitude of mice though got workstations and laptops all in my office but generally Logitech Laser and optical models I do love my A4tech X7 too bad Its on its last legs...I use a lead weighted MX518 was too light so i added lead weights in the body of the frame

Razer Mamba at 1400dpi on my desktop. I like it there because its not too fast and at the same time its perfect for multipurpose(gaming and everyday tasks).

On my laptop I use a Dell mouse with a 125hz rate. The razer mouse makes the dell mouse look horrible. I was thinking of trying the new 2013 deathadder for the laptop.