Just curious what everyone else is gaming with:

What mouse do you use?

What DPI?

Any special mouse pad or surface?

Comments / recommendations?

I'll start first:

Mouse: Logitech G500

DPI: 3,000

Mousepad: cheapest Steelseries mousepad (got it for $5)

Comments: Previously I've used: Razer Diamondback, Logitech MX516 and MX518. The G500 is simply too big and slippery versus the MX516/8 that I've used for so long. I like the additional weights you can add the mouse though. The wire tubes are threaded as well, which looks nice, but in practicality the thread easily tears.

Razer Deathadder + Scarab, I think its around 900 or 1000 DPI on 1920x1200 resolution. It's a pretty good mouse (surprisingly, a night and day difference from Mamba...). I don't like high DPI, I can't be as precise as I am now. Also I prefer hard surfaces.

• Thumbs Up 2

Im using a Logitech Performance MX or something like that and game at 1500DPI Its pretty nice, and i dont use a mouse pad with it because it doesn't need one. (Sides, my table which i got from a restraunt is smoother than any mouse pad you can find.)

Honestly I dont really notice the difference between a high DPI and low sensitivity and a low dpi and a high sensitivity.

I use a G700 and I think it is a great mouse. The corded/uncorded option is great and the best of both worlds imo. In fps games I hate playing with a cord because of the uneven drag it causes with the cord sliding and sometimes even getting caught on the table edge. Wireless mice have a reputation for having input lag, not detecting fast motion, and not working on many surfaces. This is because wireless mice try to use as little power as possible, so performance suffers. The G700 just goes all out on power use even when in wireless mode. The mouse completely lacks power saving features except for a switch to turn it on and off on the bottom. IMO that's perfect. The resulting battery life is putrid, but I just plug the mouse in every night for it to recharge so I don't care. When I got it the battery would last around 3 days straight. Now after a year or so it doesn't last much longer than 1, but it uses a single AA sized NiMH battery so it is easy and cheap to replace. The factory battery is only 1600mAH, so putting in a higher end battery should get you over 4 days. It can probably run on non-rechargeable alkalines if needed. Just make sure you don't try to charge it with one in though so your mouse doesn't explode.

I had a M705 for a while. It was horrendous with quick motions and worked on few surfaces. The damn thing didn't even work unpainted wood. It did have good dpi, was good with input lag, and had great battery life though. I REALLY liked the hidden thumb button. The place where you naturally place your thumb could be pressed in. It had just enough resistance to not hit it accidentally and was very handy.

Also used a mx518. Was a good mouse. Ended up replacing it for more side buttons and it started to power off randomly.

I looked into Razor's but they didn't have any cordless options I liked at the time.

As for DPI, the G700 goes up to 5700. For years I used a cheap 400 dpi mouse and did more than fine in fps games with it. I found up to 1k to be helpful, but higher just to be overkill that just meant you set movement speed lower. If you can place a mouse with accuracy better than .001 inches, I don't think you are human. I think It's at 3k now just because I can.

• Founder

I use a Razer Mamba most of the time using default DPI (I do use the DPI adjustment buttons). Also have a logitech MX I occasionally use when the mamba battery dies out. I've got an Orochi as well but that thing is way too tiny for my hands.

I really haven't noticed any input lag on either G7 or Mamba. What I did notice is lots of bugs in the firmware and batteries dying out in the worst possible moments. On some mice the cable can be a problem tho (mostly cheap ones in my experience). On Deathadder I can't tell that I am on a cable, but avoiding the batteries really makes all the difference for me. I noticed the very very slight jerky motion even with Deathadder on the maximum DPI (and with all other mice I tried). Some people don't even notice it, but I can't stand it. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use currently a cheap asz less than $20 mouse that uses a wire and has a toggle for i think 600-800 and 1200dpi. It helps when i need it less or more sensitive. Id switch to a fat mouse that has custom weights and i would always use it via a cord even if it was wireless. Just seems smoother than on battery on any wireless ive tried.

All these expensive mice and most only half or less the advertised DPI? I only know a couple people who game at high DPIs, so why do manufacturers push this stat on us? I find it more cumbersome after a certain point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Much agreed at a certain point the sensitivity dpi makes just makes it jerky not smooth. I find my 1200dpi fast at times and switch to the slower one... they should definitely push the polling rate more though and less the dpi like you said Xonar. Quality of the laser and surfaces it can work on is more important to me than moving my hand less for movements.

Razer Deathadder at default (1800dpi?) and no drivers other than the stock Windows mouse drivers.

I dislike higher DPI settings. Moves too quickly, less precision in my movements.

I also dislike wireless. The latency bothers me.

How do you like the size of it? I want to change mouse one day and I need it to be a large mouse.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

Great thanks Michael... I originally wanted a Rat but I think I want that one now. Thanks Michael this will save me from wrist pain.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

I'm using a Logitech g700 with god knows what DPI. I remember when I bought it that I installed their software, tinkered with the mouse as much as I could and saved the profiles. Ever since I haven't messed with the profiles (stored on the mouse) nor do I reinstall the software when needed (OS reinstall or other PC).

I don't use a mousepad as the laptop works on utterly every surface I have placed it on. (Though I do have 2 pads in my backpack - a Steelseries QcK and AW Pad)