GT60, is a laptop cooler recommended

texz71

Would you guys think a laptop cooler is wort it for the GT-60, or is it just a waste of money. I have seen a couple of different models in action and they seem like they provide very little air flow to really make a difference.

Recommended? yes.

Required? no.

I use the Coolermaster Notepal U2 the 2 adustable location fans means putting cooling where it needs it. The price isn't bad either, Oh, it is sturdy also.

I'd say no, it's not recommended for this specific notebook. Most other notebooks I would say yes. This one draws air from the keyboard so a cooler from the bottom will do little. I have personally tested this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I'd say no, it's not recommended for this specific notebook. Most other notebooks I would say yes. This one draws air from the keyboard so a cooler from the bottom will do little. I have personally tested this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I decided to test this. Amazing.

It barely gets any hotter without a cooler.

Genius design on their part.

However I like the placement the cooler gives me on my dekstop. Though I doubt I will plug it in anymore.

I am using the bigget brother MSI barebone GT70 that is paired with MasterCooler Notepal U3. Well, not a significant drop like what Xonar said. I'd say it is not recommended. Just put something to make it elevated for more airspace room. Sorry for the bad english.

• 2 weeks later...

The only drawback is that I have more dust stuck underneath my keys on the top left portion of the keyboard. I have also done a cooling mod by drilling a hole on the bottom of my notebook and it literally made ZERO difference.

• 2 weeks later...

But if you wanted a cooler to have effect on this one you could put the cooler upside down on top of the keyboard with the fans pulling out hot air :D

This would look pretty stupid though..

• 3 weeks later...

I used my GT60 for a while without a cooler for sometime but for longer term use I found it would really make me uncomfortable. Theres always the fan booster to keep things cooler but it'll be loud as hell. Now a days I typically use a cooler to keep things stable and my lap cool.

• 2 weeks later...
The only drawback is that I have more dust stuck underneath my keys on the top left portion of the keyboard. I have also done a cooling mod by drilling a hole on the bottom of my notebook and it literally made ZERO difference.

LOL. I almost did the same thing Xonar.

Because I tried several cooler (CM U3, Notepal Ergostand and even a custom cooler I made myself) and barely made any difference.

The only thing I'm looking forward is applying copper shims mod. I found a local workshop known for their specialty on copper shim mods on laptop.

I'll post a thread as soon as I do the mods.

• Thumbs Up 1

I conducted the test on my MSI GT780DX and they have shown that if ventelyator wakes directly access the air, the temperature in the stress test does not wake privyshat 72 degrees Celsius.

So that the stand of the net with two coolers, will be very effective.

But for this you have to remove the bottom cover.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...