Using your 4GB GTX 680m to its safest and full potential

I'm looking at OC'ing my 680m, my target clock is 1000mhz gpu/2400mhz (+281/+600) memory with the 1v OV bios. Does anyone think this is feasible? I'm also looking at longevity, so given a cooling setup that can keep things at resonable temps, how does an OC like I want affect wear and tear on the hardware?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all :)

I kinda have an issue with my 680M...I transferred it from my P170HM to my Medion Erazer x7820 (MS-1762 rebrand). It came with a 670MX. I reflashed the 680M back to the original vbios 80.04.33.00.10 (I think it was)....then I flashed it with the modded vbios 80.04.33.00.24_OCedition

newreply.php?do=postreply&t=2062

It worked really great...installed driver 340.52 (official) and modded the .inf file with the 680M and my device.

This also worked, driver installed.

My issue is, that I can't use Nvidia Control Panel (Keeps telling me that my screen is not hooked up to a Nvidia GPU), driver 340.52 wants to install all the time from Geforce Experience and the 680M has a code 43 error in Device Manager. Plus GPU-z and CPU-z don¨t show any voltage or CUDA/PHYS-x or anything.

What can I do?? I have also tried Dox´s driver..that didn't want to install on my machine :( I had it on the P170Hm, and it worked great!

Is it an optimus issue ? or do I have the wrong driver?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please post overclock values recommendations for stock voltage and 1.0v/1.025v/1.050v overvolted VBIOSes? I want to squize as much as possible out of my GTX 680M and the goal is to find that ultimate VBIOS + core & memory OC values combination, which gives max performance while still keeping the GPU reasonably cool.

If I decide to install 680 after 675M, will I need any additional changes in motherboard system

First, I hope you really mean 680M and not 680 because it's gonna be tough to squeeze a desktop GPU into a laptop. If you plan on using the stock frequencies and no overclocking - you don't need to do anything else hardware wise. If you plan to OC - you're gonna need at least 230 watt output power adapter.

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys!

I misread this thread long ago and OC'ed my 680m with the first CLEVO version before the post with all the zip files and OV versions.

Anyway I have been pleased with the results at 980 core and 2250 memory but I sometimes got kicked out of games due to driver crashes so I started investigating and found out that there where newer versions of the vBIOS svl7 made. I was actually confused at first too since my voltage kept being stock. Now I am pondering which OV version to use Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1000v.zip or Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (112.8 KB, 399 views)

Whats the difference between the 33.00.10 and the 67.00.01?

Btw I am on Clevo P370 and have already flashed once before

• 4 months later...

I was able to overclock my Dell 680m to 1002MHz/2500MHz and I'm using stock voltage. Driver version is 353.62. When playing Assassins creed Unity the max temps is 74 Celcius. Room temp is 21 Celcius. Gameplay is stable with no artifacts. Looks like the latest drivers are optimized for higher frequency overclock as most Maxwell card now are above 1ghz core clock

On the long run, whats is the safest temperature range for the 680M cos I'm getting up 81C on my Alienware M17x R4. Although its only when I play Assassins Creed Unity on high settings. It crashes occasionally when I play on 968MHz/2500MHz. Which of the OV vBIOS will be most suitable for stable gameplay at that frequency of 968MHz/2500MHz?

I tried both MSI vbios's. They did not brick my card but did not work well either. As I mentioned a couple of times, the MSI vbioses cause my core and memory to be stuck at 324Mhz in 3D applications, but only after 1. some minutes of gameplay or 2. if I restart the application.

At the first launch of the 3D app the clocks are at 915/2250 perfectly as should be, but after some minutes they clock down to 324 and stay there until I reboot my Notebook. Even if I launch a different 3D app the clocks stay stuck.

I haven't installed a modified vbios yet, but I seem to have this issue, my GPU clock reads at 324 all the time in Afterburner and certain other monitoring software, but reads correctly in the Heaven benchmark and NvidiaInspector when under load. So I believe it's just an erroneous reading. Try a different monitoring software and see if it reads correctly.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

pretty cool! finally swapped in a 680m into my now antique p150hm. its funny how back when I bought my laptop in 2011 my old laptop from 2006 seemed so outdated. I guess I did buy a top of the line one this time around though, now with the 680m its still at least can run a lot of modern games with decent settings. not bad considering I bought the card for $200, plus i should be able to sell off the old 485m for a few bucks. 

Has anyone been able to get cards past the 680m working in the p150hm?

Hi guys,

I just downloaded this bios and it says in the readme file that this is for P1x0EM users. I have a Clevo P370EM with SLI 680mGTX.

Will this bios work with the P370EM? And will it work with SLI?

Thanks!

Jeremy

I am not 100% sure but I would stick to  "Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01" if I were you. I had the best results with it, while I also tried this MSI vbios and the latest "Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01" but both suffered from 3D clocks @ desktop after opening a game and closing it.

Im a bit confused as to where the download link is. I bought my 680m off of ebay and it seems to have an unknown vbios flashed onto it thats running at 771mhz. anyways can someone point me in the right direction. also I have a p150hm, so ill need the appropriate vbios for that as well, the older the better.

Since you have a HM you *must* use the clevo *.29. Vbios: Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

But first make sure it's a 4GB card and not a 2GB vram card.

Edited by sirana
Added link to vbios

On 7/24/2016 at 1:23 AM, sirana said:

Since you have a HM you *must* use the clevo *.29. Vbios: Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

But first make sure it's a 4GB card and not a 2GB vram card.

whats funny though is my card came with an msi vbios and it was factory clocked at 771mhz. it was artifacting pretty bad though so i flashed the 29 clevo vbios. however I did notice that it was using the 33 msi vbios which for the most part was working fine, except the artifacts. doesnt that disprove the notion that in a p150hm i need to run the 29 vbios?

11 minutes ago, aduy said:

whats funny though is my card came with an msi vbios and it was factory clocked at 771mhz. it was artifacting pretty bad though so i flashed the 29 clevo vbios. however I did notice that it was using the 33 msi vbios which for the most part was working fine, except the artifacts. doesnt that disprove the notion that in a p150hm i need to run the 29 vbios?

I just recently helped a forum member here flash his new 680m to the 29 vbios, the card also came with the 33 one and didn't boot in his P170HM. Probably his was a 33 clevo vbios, so we now know a bit more ;) Anyway, if you truly need to overvolt you should check the official thread whether Klem can adapt a 29 clevo for you to be overvolted (also consider a small donation for their efforts)!

cool! can do you have a link?

32 minutes ago, sirana said:

I just recently helped a forum member here flash his new 680m to the 29 vbios, the card also came with the 33 one and didn't boot in his P170HM. Probably his was a 33 clevo vbios, so we now know a bit more ;) Anyway, if you truly need to overvolt you should check the official thread whether Klem can adapt a 29 clevo for you to be overvolted (also consider a small donation for their efforts)!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm working off an iBuyPower CZ-17 Valkyrie (circa 2012), which also came with a GTX 680M (4GB). From what I understand, it's basically a MSI GT70 and so in theory most of the relevant tweaks, vBIOS, etc. should work as advertised.

My rig:

vBIOS at the moment - 80.04.33.00.24

GPU GK104, revision A2.

Windows 10 Pro

i7-3630QM / 2.4 GHz

And yet, I've noticed that while a few people have posted asking for help with their CZ-17's (and sometimes are pointed here), I haven't found a successful follow-up story. Is there anything I should check to ensure compatibility before I go down this rabbit hole? Is no news good news? Any CZ-17'ers out there who can chime in?

Any of the following vBIOS work out best?

MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02 - OV 1000v.zip

MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02 - OV 1025v.zip

MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02 - OV 1050v.zip

MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02.zip

Cheers