[M14x R2] - 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give a heads up. I had had bios version A09 on my MX14R2 and tried to force flash it to a stock Dell bios A03 by downloading the A03 version from the Dell website, putting to a fat 32 formatted USB and then renaming it to m14R2.hdr. I plugged it in (left USB port) and held the end key then plugged in the AC adapter, got beeps for about 2-3 minutes then it sat on a black screen for over twenty minutes (I let it sit because I didn't want to shut it down). I knew it was toast when it was sitting there, I couldn't shut it of by holding the power button I had to open it up and unplug the battery and afterwards received no power whatsoever to the system, nothing. I got a motherboard replacement and that resolved the issue - not fun. I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to downgrade to an A03 from A09 because I'm pretty sure I did it just right and it failed.

• 1 month later...

Hi svl7,

where can i find the Downloads for your unlocked BIOS Version?

at your first post i can only find the A03.

but in the past i've already download the unlocked A11.

thanks in advance and i would buy you a beer :)

PS: actually i'm looking for unlocked A14

• 3 months later...

Ronnie, i have the same problem at the unlocked A13 but i have tried again and at the third try and flashing there are no more errors. I dont know why but its gone and i have no problems since the tribble flash :)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi svl7,

where can i find the Downloads for your unlocked BIOS Version?

at your first post i can only find the A03.

but in the past i've already download the unlocked A11.

thanks in advance and i would buy you a beer :)

PS: actually i'm looking for unlocked A14

I don't think there is Unlocked A14, at least i haven't been able to find it. The latest one is A13 but it should work just fine, even with windows 10.

Look here for more info: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x-aw-14/4667-m14x-r2-a13-unlocked-bios-modified-vbios-now-available.html

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

hello thaks so much i binwalked the old bioses from dell website and there seem to be cert's inside wich point to weird links il update this research here , butt do any off you still have the file and could reupload this version cus the main link from the dev seems to be down , would be much appreciated , greetings 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Bios Modder
On 9/14/2021 at 11:45 PM, gringo777 said:

guyz please help me with a new download link cuz the old attachment isnt workin >>>>>>>>> ????????????/ thxxx

Hi!

You can download already unlocked A13 bios from the first post of this thread:  

If you can't download, then just read the "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Bios A16 can be unlocked also.

You can post here or send me your file backup of bios in PM.  For creating backup of bios you can use attached backup tool. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run  backup tool as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator). Backup tool will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here or send me this archive "results" via PM, or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html