GTX 6XX Series GPU's

Adam Howell

That should be easy to solve. You need to modify the driver .inf file to allow the installation. Let us know the hardware IDs of your system / card and we might should be able to help (that stuff can be found at device manager, gpu, details, hardware IDs).

Or if you're in a rush, try the files from laptopvideo2go, they might work if you're lucky.

• 4 months later...

i have an identical card, also out of luck with nvidia drivers. managed to mod 305.53, but i must have messed something up, as dxdiag says my card is DDI version 9Ex. so directx games dont work. anyone has modded inf for it?

thanks

• 1 month later...

I had 580m, all driver failed to install . Recently purchased 660m , also unable to install any driver or all drivers fail during installation even after I remove the driver signature check on startup , my m15x, just does not like new gpus . I got sick trying the drivers from laptopvideotogo website , none of them . All sellets on ebay are telling that they provide drivers remotely , the fact is that none of them can make it work on win 8 64 bit and keep people lying that they can upgrade the old alienware with better gpu . I can bet 95 % of all video cards sold ended as crap burned with bad drivers . If someone in this forum can make the difference and help me out , please contact me , because I feel like I am going to throw another gpu in the can.