MSI GT780DX vbios

1fast98

So I took your advice and downloaded nibitor and used GPU-Z to make a backup of my current bios but when I go to modify any of the settings I am unable to anyone happen to know why?...or am I just missing something?

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj112/stlmo_gtp/desktop1.png

So I took your advice and downloaded nibitor and used GPU-Z to make a backup of my current bios but when I go to modify any of the settings I am unable to anyone happen to know why?...or am I just missing something?

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj112/stlmo_gtp/desktop1.png

Got "tools" and choose "fermi clocks". Nibitor works fine.

• 1 month later...

the OS won't lunch,but laptop seems working with a bootable USB

Cool, so you should be able to blindly flash a working vbios. Create a bootable USB drive with DOS and nvflash on it and then boot from it. Then enter the commands or create a autorun batch with the commands.

This should do the trick:

Create a batch file with the following commands

nvflash -A -4 -5 -6 vbios.rom
nvflash -y

Of course the vbios.rom must be changed to the name of your vbios file. The name (without extension) mustn't be longer than 8 characters. Save the file as autoexec.bat and put it on your DOS bootable USB drive, along with your vbios file. Boot from the USB drive and wait until the computer reboots.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm currently using vBIOS which I changed with SVET's VBIOS Tuner - with new nvidia drivers there is a possibility to play on battery with changed clocks. I could change some clocks for U if U send me your BIOS and tell me how high clocks you want;)

Guest Coolsmarti

Is it because you want to flash it to a GTX670M since you are asking? I have thought about it, and have the MSI vBIOS available - but now i'm not sure if the PC's BIOS also needs to be updated before it will see the 'new' GTX670M?

I hope you are in the same situation as me.

I updated my GTX 570M 1.5GB vBIOS to one from GTX 670M 1.5GB but situation doesn't change much and I was facing problem with changing up and down fps. So I got back to my GTX 570M vBIOS and OCed it a little with SVET's Tuner and than OCed it to max with Afterburner :P

• 1 month later...
I updated my GTX 570M 1.5GB vBIOS to one from GTX 670M 1.5GB but situation doesn't change much and I was facing problem with changing up and down fps. So I got back to my GTX 570M vBIOS and OCed it a little with SVET's Tuner and than OCed it to max with Afterburner :P

The vBIOS should not matter at all, people flashed the Dell 670M vBIOS on their MSI 570M's the day it was released. Why not just overvolt and overclock your 570M 3GB? You know they are insane overclockers... you may need a small overvolt to sustain a higher overclock and thus better cooling, etc.

Is it because you want to flash it to a GTX670M since you are asking? I have thought about it, and have the MSI vBIOS available - but now i'm not sure if the PC's BIOS also needs to be updated before it will see the 'new' GTX670M?

I hope you are in the same situation as me.

Why does it really matter? The 670M brings nothing new to the table against the 570M minus a small overclock.

Is this also possible for an GT60 0NC Notebook with an GTX 675 Card?

Yes, attach the vBIOS here and maybe @svl7 can take a look. What are you specifically looking to do? Voltage, core, mem, shader clocks?

• 2 weeks later...