• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great guide, ive enjoyed the read. Unfortunately for me my 460m in my JW just burned out. Do you think this GPU (NVIDIA GTX 660M MXM | eBay) would get the job done. Obviously it would need to be flashed with the mooded Vbios but is this the 1GB model? I know it says so in the item description but this seller also gives little to no information on the card. Let me know what you think when you get the chance. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So I need to get the 660M 1 gb to make this work? Would the 2 gb memory 660M card work?

As far as I know, no one has ever tried to upgrade the G73JW with a 2Gb GDDR5 GTX 660m, so there is no definitive answer. But I doubt that the 2Gb card will work because of a slightly different vBios. My GTX 660m 1Gb was working fine until it died a few months ago, we haven't found the reason, why it happended :chargrined:

hi great upgrade, does anyone know whether this card on ebay will be ok for my laptop I have a asus g73jw and I wanted to upgrade cheers dave

Yes, I think this is a model as I had one. The upgrade should be possible with this card, don't forget that you also need a G73JH GPU heatsink.:friendly_wink:

Just got a 660m card, but laptop won't turn on (the blue power light comes on for 1 sec then shuts off). When I put the 460m back in, the laptop starts fine.

Is the AC power supply 150W enough to power this thing? Or did I get a faulty GPU?

There is a 180W AC power adapter, but that's another $90 bucks...

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just got a 660m card, but laptop won't turn on (the blue power light comes on for 1 sec then shuts off). When I put the 460m back in, the laptop starts fine.

Is the AC power supply 150W enough to power this thing? Or did I get a faulty GPU?

There is a 180W AC power adapter, but that's another $90 bucks...

Hi nolabeast. In amazon and ebay you can find generic chargers for ASUS at $36 usd.

Search for 180W 9.5A Replacement AC Power Adapter

Hope it helps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello.

I know this post is quite old , but I'm trying to install a GTX660M 2GB GDRR5 in my ASUS ROG G73JW , hope to be able to make it work.

The reference chart is this:

80.07.39.00.0F

I got to ride with the heatsink and modified G73JH laptop starts but gives an error of VBIOS , must understand that flash the VBIOS new graphics card .

Not if the modified bios attached to this post serve .

Has anyone tried to put a GTX660M 2GB in this notebook ?

Can this be done ?

• 2 months later...

I've got a problem should change the Asus G73JW, ASUS G75VW 920XM Graphics Video Card VGA card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB DDR5 N13E-GE-A2 chip

you have modifty bios Attached Files Attached Files

File Type: zip 660m_G73JW.zip (88.6 KB, 57 views)

File Type: zip modified inf 660m G73JW.zip (25.7 KB, 39 views)

But how do I get this in the BIOS you downloaded ?????. Pekux

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...