M18x R1 - A05 with RST OROM 11.5

svl7

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the newer option rom aren't compatible with systems who use the older one... The one which the R1 is using is a lot smaller than the 11.5 rom, seems to be a different style. No idea... the mod which got tested and didn't work should have worked if it was compatible, doesn't seem to be the case. Don't what else I could do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

I wonder, now that there appears to be a newer ROM, wether this would now work on the M18x R1 to enable TRIM for raided SSD's - the latest RST 12.5 is now up on Intel's website and there was a newer ROM posted over on Station Drivers.com:

www.station-drivers.com • Afficher le sujet - A gift for you guys! (Latest Intel RST & ROM) & https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22676&keyword=Intel+Rapid+Storage+Technology+%28Intel+rst%29〈=eng

It would be great if this could work somehow - maybe worth someone with the "know-how" to have a look to see if it's possible or not....I know that previous attempts did not work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey All,

I have found the INTEL OROM's that have been modded to allow TRIM. It has worked on all my systems, but I do not know how to MOD an m18xR1 bios and add the intel OROM. I Have from version 8 to 13+, and most of the versions have been modded to allow TRIM. As such, is it even possible to use them on the m18xR1? We don't need the latest version necessarily, we just need trim support, and no memory leaks. I realize that this subject hasn't been touched in a while, but I thought I'd try and ask if SOMEONE could help!

Let me know...

Thanks,

Swick

Well, svl7 updated it and a couple of us tested it, but the M18xR1 would not work correctly. The SATA ports disappeared in the BIOS and there were no bootable drives. Had to blind flash to restore functionality, so probably not. But, it sure would have been nice to have that.

Even with the version 10.5 (not 11+) with the modded TRIM orom didn't work at version 10.5? If so, UGH... That sucks! I only saw he did version 11.5 I think. With the modded orom to support TRIM in RAID0 at ver 10.5, that could work, right? If so, could someone give it a try? I have MULTIPLE version of 10 OPROM's that have been modded to support TRIM in RAID0! Thought it would be worth trying. I even have from version 8 and up to support TRIM in RAID0 - assuming 10.5 was tried. I thought it was only 11.5, but if I'm wrong, sorry for bothering and bugging ya'll. Apologies!

Thanks in advance for the replies and help. I sincerely appreciate EVERYTHING ya'll do to help! I'd be lost without ya's! :)

Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey Mr. Fox, would it be possible for svl7 to try a particular orom that i have to enable trim on the ri? Would have done it already but don't know how to at least not with the r1 bios. The orom in the r1 is 10.0.0.1046 and the replacement is the same size and slightly newer but still 10x family with a small "TWEAK" to enable trim with a simple hex edit. Thanks as trim would be great on the r1. It works as it's been tested but no one seems to want to explain how or upload the bios with it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 6/12/2022 at 3:16 PM, nedovolnyy said:

I don’t know if this is the topic, did anyone change the HM67 chipset to HM77 ?, as well as the U1 (BIOS) eeprom, in order to load not the BIOS from R1, but from R2. This is what I plan to do.

I wonder if you can just change bios chip only and flash m18x r2 rom and see if that works? 

15 hours ago, ssj92 said:

I wonder if you can just change bios chip only and flash m18x r2 rom and see if that works? 

This is an interesting assumption. At the moment I can’t do this, because R1 is in work, but in mid-July I will definitely conduct such an experiment.

11 hours ago, nedovolnyy said:

This is an interesting assumption. At the moment I can’t do this, because R1 is in work, but in mid-July I will definitely conduct such an experiment.

I look forward to your results. In the meantime I'm trying to get 9xx series GPUs working in M18xR1/M17xR3. Just need a gpu now to test.