m14x and Guild Wars 2?

Ahanix

I have the beta and M14xR1. Maxed out quality with no problems! :)

Which beta event did you start on or what resolution were you playing at? with an Alienware M14 R2 , the only way to play smoothly is to put shadows to low. The rest on high and AA and AF disabled @ 1600 x 900 res.

Which beta event did you start on or what resolution were you playing at? with an Alienware M14 R2 , the only way to play smoothly is to put shadows to low. The rest on high and AA and AF disabled @ 1600 x 900 res.

I tested with an M14 R1. OCed at 770 core and 1080 memory. Everything maxed out with shadows low. My res was on default 14" though. BTW, I have the 3GB version of GT555m on it which I am sure I am very sure has no bearing on the performance.

• 2 weeks later...

The game is out and last week, i played with 15-25 FPS in low settings, and my GPU load was only 55 %, with a M14xR1 2630 QM 2ghz i7, 6 Gb ram, 555m GT 3Gb, and no OC.

I don't understand but now, i can play with good shaders, textures, FXAA and a lot of options, with 45-60 FPS ! More, the GPU load is now arround 99 %.

I just turned on overclocking menu in bios (A05 or A08, same results). i played 6 hours non stop without any problem.

I tried to increase in the bios the CPU bus speed 103,1 Mhz (max) but it is the same result with 99,8 Mhz.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly offtopic but my brother plays guild wars 2 on his lappy and its quite outdated now so its nice that even older pcs will be able to play it. For reference hes playing okay on a HP HDX 18t it has 8gb ddr3, a 500GB 7200rpm sata 2, Intel Core 2 Quad q9000 2.4ghz max, nvidia gt130m so you can see even legacy systems its even playable on just probably not maxed out like you guys are playing. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

ArenaNet is good about less-than-cutting-edge systems for their games. My Vista-era Core 2 Duo w/ Radeon HD 5670 was getting 20-30fps at median settings during the beta weekends and at those times the game client was CPU-bound. Anything of that era or newer other than netbooks should do okay.

By way of comparison, I have a little HP netbook with an AMD E-450 chipset. That tops at around 8fps at minimum settings.

On my M14xR2 (no overclocking) the frame rate is limited by the 60Hz display refresh.

• 2 weeks later...