EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lilkuz2005
      hello all, i just got a gtx 980m from a seller on amazon. i have the card installed in my alienware m17x r4, i have updated the bios to A15 stock, in the bios its showing the card is there, in windows 10 the card is also shown in device manager, but it has the code 43 error, i have disabled driver signing and installed a modded driver but its not working, i have uefi legacy mode enabled, i need help getting this working, do i need a modded bios to get the card working? is my card a g-sync version ? any help with this would be great, also if it is a g-sync card, can i vbios flash it with a non g-sync vbios? how can i tell if this card is a clevo or msi ? thanks in advance
    • By Vladimir
      Hi Guys, may be someone could give me a good advice...
      The system:
      Alienware m17x R4 with 120hz panel form r3 (LG - LGD02C5)
      Bios Dell A15 (Also tried unlocked A11)
      Now installed GTX 860m 4gb (Kepler edition) works with no issue
      Bought GTX 970 6gb Aetina production Works under MS driver Does not show image on eDP internal screen right after installing Nvidia modded drivers All external ports ( HDMI, eDP VGA) works with no issues - tested on benchmarks the card itself works great The internal screen could blink several times depending on vBios flashed ( so the card is trying to fire it up) Internal screen is not recognized properly - Using Monitor asset manager i observed that: GTX 860 create two monitor entries 1) Realtime and 1) Registry GTX 970m creates two monitor entries 1)Registry and 2) Registry If I change the max Hz using CRU to 100 and Close/Open laptop screen it will show picture in 1024x768 resolution with no possibility to extend and it also see a "Virtual monitor" attached to real one ( extended)

So the main issue is that INTERNAL Display is recognized AS 2 displays 1 connected to the internal laptop port and one into Display port:
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gehYFsabXcrB9bvaKwsTSCqIS4FGSGIF?usp=sharing

vBios tried Premav2, MSI,Dell,Clevo Drivers version tried: 340,350,380,411

I searched for a something related to my issue here and found themes which are really near - but with different problems
    • By Lyency
      bonjour, je souhaiterai unlock mon bios A15 de mon alienware m17x r4 . pouvez vous m'aider?
      je possède l'unlock A14 est il compatible avec le bios A15?
    • By Zer0kbps
      Hi there, 

I'm planning to upgrade my gpu to the gtx 980 from my now knackered cooked 9 times hd7970, but looking at pictures and videos on the web I have a different 3 pipe heatsink to most it seems... 

Others appear to have more copper present on the memory cooler section than mine. 

My question is for anyone who has the same heatsink or knows of this one, have they been able to cool another gpu successfully? 

• By Sleezy
      Troubleshooting Modified driver Installation. If you are able to successfully modify the .inf to install GPU driver but games still using dedicated graphics or crashing, this is how I got it to work. Also link to the instructions I used to modify the .inf (Credit to Yuki Rea Founder and Creator of null-src.com) That tutorial can be found here https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

Soapbox - Gaming Laptop GPU Upgrade

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.