Would you take this M11x?

mav

I really want to have an M11x, but its getting old and rarity for them..

Actually good prices for: What would you say?

-M11x R1

-M11x R2 w. i5

-M11x R3 w. i5

What would you say about this one: >>click here<<

Its without any stuff, only the Notebook, no ac adapter, no original packaging and the hinge is broken..

Well: New, good used hinge ("b ware") you can buy also there for only 25$.

Now i need to find an original ac adapter (around 100$)

Would you do this?

When the price wont go up to 190$ I'm discussing..

ALL really ALL other M11x got and get buyed for 460$ (r1) to 615$ (r2, i5) up to 700$ (r2, i7)

I would hope that this dirt is going to wipe out..

And so: With this new hinge, its all OK then? Or should I be aware something/ buying additional stuff?

• Founder

at this point in time, i really don't see a reason to go with anything other than the R3.

I don't read german, but that R2 looks like it's been through hell, i wouldn't touch it...

Of course everything depends on your budget which u didn't mention.

BTW, i see this R2 has a sammy SSD inside, so the price would go up....

Well.. currently i have enough money to grab an new M11x r3, but I don't want to throw my money out the window..

I would be happy when i can grab an R3 (i5) for 500$, an R1 + new hinge for 400$..

Cause I upgrade it to an 256gb ssd. (+ 200$)

Do you have your M11x R3 already? Go offense I've you didn't have it yet.

Puh.. 100$ seperate from those 2 .. really hard decide :S

I will get to sleep now (5.22 am.. x)) and just decide out of my belly out :)

The provider has taken this broken one out. lol

Now compare the prices.. Right now another one R1 goes out for 406Euro (500$)

So i think the R3 will go for 100$ more..

You played D3 at FHD on the extern monitor?!

Keep in my, R3 has a new hinge design (and hinge won't crap out like on R1 and R2), and lots of other improvements like better screen (I compared both R1 and R3 here: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m11x/1648-m11x-r3-screen-comparisons.html) and a better GPU -- the most important thing for games. As for the laptop you linked, I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. It looks like crap. :) (regardless of its low starting price)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

If you can get that broken one for like 20-80 Euros then I would and try to fix it up and resell it. Otherwise consider alternatives like buying a used one online from forums or having a friend in the USA buy one from Dell outlet and mailing it to you. Have you considered alternative notebooks to the M11x by other manufacturers like Asus? They have some nice ivy bridge based ones now.

Yep, the ultrabook series starts now very well.. but I'm not interested in those ones. (waaay too pricey)

So, i think my post was going under: The provider has taken out the offer!

No worry to buy and together tinker some laptop :)

So what would be an fair price for R3 with i5, 5gb ram and a purchase date of Oktober 2011?

550 Euro? (676,11500 US-Dollar, google ftw.)

/e I've also read that the R3 is going to be a little bit louder than the R1, but has a deeper fan sound. Is this right?

I used both. If anything R3 is more quiet because it doesn't suffer from an R1 bug (still unfixed!!!) where the discrete GPU doesn't turn off most of the time when you switch back to integrated graphics. So the fan stays off until you restart it. When both are under full load on discrete graphics, I couldn't tell if there was any difference in fan noise.

The prices vary a bit, I am not sure about Europe, but I sold my R3 (to Michael) for I think $600. It had i7 CPU, 2GB 540M GPU, 8GB RAM and 750GB HD 7.2K RPM. It was also mint condition even though there's a refurb sticker so I don't think it was ever used (I think I also concluded that based on the SMART log from the hard drive). In Europe they are definitely pricier.

But, I'll throw another thing at you. Check out the laptops with AMD Trinity APU. They are supposed to be PRETTY good for 3D stuff / gaming.

Hm.. sounds pretty good unreal25.

But its very new = very pricey >.>

Anyway: I sorted out myself some time ago the R2, but well in games that uses multiple cores it runsaway against R1.

And: I really love that powerfull beast R3, the main thing is that its currently only 1 availible (ends today 7.08pm) and stands now at 640 Euro ($791)

..for 800 Euro ($990..) I could get 2 R1 !! This is heavy!

I know: You all recommend me to get the R3 because the Hinge, better GPU, faster cpu and also the better display.

So what if:

-I only playing games on it what aren't demanding for its hardware?

For the Display i go with an antireflex foil.

Maybe the R2 is "more worth" than the R1 (at good price) ?

I will try to get the R3..

Ah yes i forgot something and also want to hear your opinion :)

Some dudes selling their R1 with new hinge design, someone also with completely new Display.

Would there be a chance that the new Display is one from the R3?

• 2 weeks later...

Whoopa.. i already ordered a M11x r1.. i saved more then 450$.. that would be 2 r1's :D

Now I'm going to give it a heatsink, then maybe an color change :)

The only poor thing is that you cant overclock that much and easy as an i-core and that driver switching is heavily annoyoing..

But quite nice with an protective non-reflective foil ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you want an 11" laptop though? I mean the M14x is perfectly sized. You can carry it around easily, it's twice as powerful as the M11x, you're not squinting at the screen to read, it has better cooling...

I didn't want a desktop replacement sized laptop, I wanted a laptop and the 14" is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. wasnt here long time ago.

Well, i've got an M17x R2, config you can see in my signature.. and this is my desktop replacement.. and for an real LAN I'm travelling it around too.

This 11 inch notebook is just for fun, when I'm sitting outside, for travelling or even one night at a friend. For those weekends I don't want to travelling it into an trolley with new clothes and so on.

Btw, I've got an new request to buy an half year old r3 laptop.. upgraded with 256gb ocz ssd, i7 and 2gb gpu + 8gb ram.. so for what price I can ask for?

My current M11x i paid 440 Euro, now I'm going to heatsink mod it.. and euh.. need an new keyboard.. ^^

So what, 700 Euro for r3?

So.. wasnt here long time ago.

Well, i've got an M17x R2, config you can see in my signature.. and this is my desktop replacement.. and for an real LAN I'm travelling it around too.

This 11 inch notebook is just for fun, when I'm sitting outside, for travelling or even one night at a friend. For those weekends I don't want to travelling it into an trolley with new clothes and so on.

Btw, I've got an new request to buy an half year old r3 laptop.. upgraded with 256gb ocz ssd, i7 and 2gb gpu + 8gb ram.. so for what price I can ask for?

My current M11x i paid 440 Euro, now I'm going to heatsink mod it.. and euh.. need an new keyboard.. ^^

So what, 700 Euro for r3?

Does it come with warranty?

Yep, he buyed it from amazon on 30.04.2012, i think 1 year warranty.

So, I wrote to him last night, he has two r3's, one with the i5 and 4gb ram + 128gb ssd, the other one with i7, 8gb ram and 256gb ssd..

I asked for the i7 for 700 Euro and 256gb ssd, even without ssd he wont go under 800 Euro.. well ok, it is only an half year old.

So, we continued wroting for that i5.. and silly as I am i decided to offer and offer.. and finally got it with that 128gb ssd (Samsung 830 *__*) for 690 Euro.

I'm so proud I couldnt sleep last night :D

So.. I'm not going to paint (let me paint it).. it's too much money, only some selfmade stickers.

But what? I damaged my keyboard as I wrote in my r1, should i buy a new one or let it remain so.. theres only the left side, going from Tabulator, Esc up to number 3, "s", "y".. i dont know how to fix this.

Yep, theres another question ..^^

I'm waiting for my copper shims to do the heatsink mod, now: would you recommend it to mod it to my new r3 then? Ofc would I wait until the warranty expires.

Greetings, tomorrow I'm driving to it <3

Yep, he buyed it from amazon on 30.04.2012, i think 1 year warranty.

So, I wrote to him last night, he has two r3's, one with the i5 and 4gb ram + 128gb ssd, the other one with i7, 8gb ram and 256gb ssd..

I asked for the i7 for 700 Euro and 256gb ssd, even without ssd he wont go under 800 Euro.. well ok, it is only an half year old.

So, we continued wroting for that i5.. and silly as I am i decided to offer and offer.. and finally got it with that 128gb ssd (Samsung 830 *__*) for 690 Euro.

I'm so proud I couldnt sleep last night :D

So.. I'm not going to paint (let me paint it).. it's too much money, only some selfmade stickers.

But what? I damaged my keyboard as I wrote in my r1, should i buy a new one or let it remain so.. theres only the left side, going from Tabulator, Esc up to number 3, "s", "y".. i dont know how to fix this.

Yep, theres another question ..^^

I'm waiting for my copper shims to do the heatsink mod, now: would you recommend it to mod it to my new r3 then? Ofc would I wait until the warranty expires.

Greetings, tomorrow I'm driving to it <3

Great :-) I hope you enjoy your new Alien. Not bad with SSD and warranty.

Your R1 keyboard... open system with teardown guide and reseat very carefully the keyboards ribbon cable. Goodluck it may fix that easily

• 1 year later...