Sure, but A07 isn't online so far if I'm not mistaken...

Probably a month from when the boards started shipping with that bios we will likely see the bios for download then. Natalita I think mentioned its usually a month after they started shipping them with a new bios that it usually appears for download after that time. Welcome back SVL7.

You can either use InsydeFlash which is provided by Dell with their bios updates, you simply need to slightly modify the platform file so that the backup flag is set to '1', but you can also try this tool, it's a bit easier I guess, and should do the trick as well: Download Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.zip

You can either use InsydeFlash which is provided by Dell with their bios updates, you simply need to slightly modify the platform file so that the backup flag is set to '1', but you can also try this tool, it's a bit easier I guess, and should do the trick as well: Download Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.zip

alright man, done

FileSend - Alienware-A07.7z

hope to hear great news soon regarding this BIOS, really looking forward getting newest IRST version in it too

Alright, I got a cleaned up and unlocked version of A07 ready, if someone wants to flash it, let me know.

very cool, I would be interested to try

few questions:

What are the chances of failure...? I hope very slim to none

Did you add the very latest 11.6xxx IRST OROM?

For warranty purposes, how smooth should flashback be to stock A07 after?

Would they be able to tell by checking if it was flashed to unlocked bios before or not when in case I return it to them for warranty purposes?

I know you cant be held responsible for any faults or side effects, but just asking for an opinion

BR

I haven't added the latest OROM yet, forgot about this. Will do so, but I guess Dell is going to release an official version some time soon anyway, so I'm probably going to do it then, will see.

Here's the modified dump, it's a bit smaller than the Dell bios updates, but that's just due to some padding bytes which are missing. Flash location should be the same even for the systems which come with A07, so you should be able to flash it safely with the InsydeFlash utility provided by Dell.

M18xR2_project-A07.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't added the latest OROM yet, forgot about this. Will do so, but I guess Dell is going to release an official version some time soon anyway, so I'm probably going to do it then, will see.

Here's the modified dump, it's a bit smaller than the Dell bios updates, but that's just due to some padding bytes which are missing. Flash location should be the same even for the systems which come with A07, so you should be able to flash it safely with the InsydeFlash utility provided by Dell.

Hi, can you sent me a copy of your unlock A07 version? I got a M18X R2 came with A07 BIOS. Thanks :D

post above ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

First post updated with the unlocked version of A07, as well as an unlocked version which contains the latest 11.5 IRST orom.

Should work just as the previous versions, but I'd appreciate if some of you could confirm this, can't test it myself. Thanks.

NOTE: You might not be able to downgrade easily anymore to something which is older than A08, they might have added a secure bios feature, at least there seems to be such a module in the BIOS.

Can anyone with WIHD installed in the M18X R2 see if its finally working yet with the new A08 bios?

I just updated my bios with the A07 and notice the boot has something called Windows 8 Quick boot now... Does anyone know what that does?

Hey not sure if anyone else is experiencing this... But I just updated and lost bios detection on my Crucial SSD drive... After some google work I notice that alot of Crucial users running the latest firmware may have problems with UEFI bios... Not sure what the update did but it definitely knocked my drive off and was undetected until I followed the Crucial guide for proper reset.... Just a heads up to save some time for anyone who are the Crucial SSD w/ latest firmware and looking to update. (Downgrade drive firmware to 000F before running the R2 A08 firmware upgrade to avoid headache....)

NOTE: You might not be able to downgrade easily anymore to something which is older than A08, they might have added a secure bios feature, at least there seems to be such a module in the BIOS.

I hope its still unlockable. I jumped the gun and flash stock A08 thinking you already unlocked A08 (front page mis-named A08-Unlocked)... None the less, your awesome Svl7! Thanks for all your hard work.