• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
10 hours ago, ♛eQual!zє87♛ said:

Is it possible to get the A12 Bios unlocked?

eQualize87

You can try this unlocked bios: 

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Madoka G said:

Are there significant differences between an m17 and an m18 BIOS and could you install to either laptop safely?

You cannot flash M18x BIOS > M17x BIOS and vice versa. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/22/2013 at 8:10 AM, TechDeveloper said:

Hey there,

could someone be so kind to check the Bios option for "Wake on LAN" feature if it is unlocked ?

..i really need this feature for my Alienware M18xR2 and i were wondering if this feature will be visible after unlocking the BIOS ?

...if not is someone able to add this feature to the Bios or has this been done already in another tech community and you can Link me that?

Best regards

@TechDeveloperHi. I also need wake on lan feature. My laptop is lenovo y410p. I can wake my laptop from sleep state but can't wake in hibernate state or shutdown state. In the stock bios there is no option like wake on lan. After flashing the modded bios(thanks to svl7 who made this mod) I found some new options. I enable these options, but nothing happened. I'm still unable to wake in hibernate state or shutdown state. I hope this can help you, or you could tell me something I missed about wol.

IMG_20191006_143054.thumb.jpg.f88231faa61b56a44dcfa4ee70df7986.jpg

On 6/3/2013 at 4:57 PM, Vahal said:

Hi !

Thank you for you answer. I flashed the A10 v2 unlocked bios, but the only option i see in the bios is the "Wake On PME" one. I enabled it, but I can't wake my computer when it's power off.

All the "Wake On Lan" options are enabled on the ethernet card settings in the Windows 7 device manager. I can wake my computer on sleep, but when it is power off, despite all the options are enabled, the card is no longer powered, so the magic packet does nothing.

I saw on another forum that unlocked bios for M18xR1 do allow to edit "Wake On Lan" option, but it seems that unlocked bios for R2 do not.

How can I make my card be powered when the computer is power off ? Is there a way to have real "Wake On Lan" option in the bios instead of "Wake On PME" ?

Edit : If I can't find a way to make Wake On Lan work when the computer is power off, i will enabled hibernation in Windows 7 and use wake on lan from hibernation. In that case, the "hiberfil.sys" will be a pain for my SSD, but if I have no choice, I prefer enjoy Wake On lan and have my SSD live shorter. What do you think ?

@VahalHi. I also need wake on lan feature. My laptop is lenovo y410p and system is Windows 10 1903. I can wake my laptop from sleep state but can't wake in hibernate state or shutdown state. In the stock bios there is no option like wake on lan. After flashing the modded bios(thanks to svl7 who made this mod) I found some new options, including "Wake On PME" and "Wake On Lan". I enable these options, but nothing happened. I'm still unable to wake in hibernate state or shutdown state. Do you have any idea about this?

IMG_20191006_143054.thumb.jpg.f31843d718ba64917e2ba5567bb3dccf.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would like to be able to download the Bios too, also donate. I would like to know how to proceed.

Also, should I download the Swick1981 version or the svl7 version.

My bios is A12, M18x R2, originally 2 680m in SLI, would like to upgrade to a single 980m.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:33 AM, Aoshi_x said:

Isn't it the Swick1981 Bios that you're talking about? Also, would it work on Windows 10?

It is Swick's version. Yes, it works fine with Windows 10. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...