Yes, updated rst orom would be great. Intel pulled rst 11.5.x due to the memory leaks so maybe it would be worth waiting for a new release. Along the windows drivers they may also release an updated orom which would hence be the most up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly VPro is a whole set of functions and features for supported processors. I don't think there's a single option to simply enable or disable it... but you can flash the BIOS and find out. I'm pretty sure some of the features are supported with the stock BIOS, but probably not all of them. What exactly are you looking for? I highly doubt that you need all the features included in VPro... :)

And regarding the file hosting... thank you, but at the moment we're fine with our solution, we're trying to stay independent.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I remember correctly VPro is a whole set of functions and features for supported processors. I don't think there's a single option to simply enable or disable it... but you can flash the BIOS and find out. I'm pretty sure some of the features are supported with the stock BIOS, but probably not all of them. What exactly are you looking for? I highly doubt that you need all the features included in VPro... :)

And regarding the file hosting... thank you, but at the moment we're fine with our solution, we're trying to stay independent.

well thank you,

im simply looking to play with vpro , so i can learn it, because it could be usefull for our custumer... only way i learn is by using something :)

normaly in bios there would be an option called Intel AMT .. if you see it around tell me :)

FYI: About the only thing that I use the unlocked BIOS is for switching on the RAID 5 feature that Dell has chosen to suppress.

Using AS SSD with my 3X 120GB Intel 520's (sATA 3 and 2 interfaces) I get and overall score of 1001. Its WEI of 7.9 and stable. I verified the data and the RAID is fully sync'd and supported from the Intel Raid software supplied by Dell.

I also have a HDD adapter for the DVD/BR drive, and a fourth drive does show up as a possible add to the RAID including my mSATA. However, I do not want that configuration.

There are more options than I can shake a stick at. Is there a common guide out there regarding common alterations. Anyone using this unlocked BIOS that have suggestions other than opening up RAID 5 and suppress C-states?

well thank you,

im simply looking to play with vpro , so i can learn it, because it could be usefull for our custumer... only way i learn is by using something :)

normaly in bios there would be an option called Intel AMT .. if you see it around tell me :)

seriously, there are sooo many options, i would love to actually be able to understand half of them.

Im no newb to pc's either, nor overclocking them, building, repairing, doing the usual small bits of IT or administrative networking - but theres so many things ive never even heard of in there.

can we get someone to post what they can translate that most of us have no clue of.

yeah, i unlocked the additional raid options too, that was useful.

Hey svl7 i recieved my R2 and tried to flash your bios and i get an error..

http://i.imgur.com/MMLxw.png

as you can see it says my current bios is A07.. so im stmped.. I didnt know they had got that high..

I went to Dell and tried to find the R2 bios and its not up any longer.. any ideas on how i could try try to flash this?

uac is off and I ran it as admin..

here is a copy of A07 from my m18x-R2

http://www.mediafire.com/?nidh7kmffidri9n

Hmm, this might be due to your newer bios, it's possible that the flash tools which I included don't work for your current setup, might need an updated version of the IHSI stuff...

Can't help you atm, sorry.

Very interesting that you got A07...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, this might be due to your newer bios, it's possible that the flash tools which I included don't work for your current setup, might need an updated version of the IHSI stuff...

Can't help you atm, sorry.

Very interesting that you got A07...

its cool.. me and john figured out a work around.. the blind flash works.. but it makes you think that the system is hanging with all those beeps.. beeps for about a minute,..

Great Job cracking the R2 bios SVL7. Thats one machine with a lot of potential :) You need some comp for that no doubt. I bow to you oh mighty one lol. What did you think of the Advanced options? With A07 out does that mean you have another thing to crack?

• Founder
Any word about whether A07 allows GPU overclocking per software?

It appears A07 has a new EC and isn't fully compatible with the previous systems that came with A03. So flashing from A07 to A03 is causing problems.