Max is whatever stock is on a 3610QM. Nothing is unlocked. You can squeeze a few more GHz by upping the Base Clock. It varies by CPU, but 103.00-105.00 is generally the limit to stability. You have to change this with XTU because the BIOS jumps to 110.00.

svl7, I cant contact you directly because im a "new member" but actually im an tjelite member who used facebook before to logon. My logon with facebook is "delweine" and I contributed for the elite membership. your facebook logon does not work, and says " admin has no configured app properly for facebook." I would appreciate it if you can set this account to the tjelite since i cant use FB to logon, thanks, here are my initials so you know who I am ---- HM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i have a m18x r2 3630qm if i flash to mod bios can i asjut votlage lower? becaus now my cpu trottle to 1700mhz and 90C

Is that while using Throttle Stop and having BD Prochot disabled? What are you using/playing when it hits 90c? Are the fans going? Have clearance for the vents? Temps seem high for 3630qm.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Under the menu of "the platform thermal configuration", there are options like TC1, TC2 and TSP.

@Mr. Fox has recommanded to use 6 9 18 months ago.

I dont know what these do. Can anyone explain for me? Thank you.

Where did I mention to use the settings 6 9 18 for these BIOS values? I don't use those settings and I do not remember recommending that anyone use those values.

Those settings control the behavior of the system as it interacts with the CPU based on thermals. You'll need to experiment with those settings to find what your system likes best. If you are not doing any kind of extreme overclocking, just leave them set to default values.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Are there any possibilities that A18 unlocked BIOS will be released any soonish?
If you are asking about the Alienware 18, there is no problem unlocking it, but it can't be flashed thanks to the draconian Secure Flash filth Alienware included in the BIOS. It's unlikely that you will ever have a nice BIOS for that system unless you are able and willing to remove the BIOS chip from the motherboard and replace it with a socketed version you can flash outside of the machine. The days of Alienware selling honest to goodness beast machines ended with the M18xR2. They took drastic measures to interfere with us making the Haswell machines work correctly and with the latest product release they no longer selling any product a performance enthusiast would be interested is buying.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an unlocked A12 bios for M18x R2? I had it on the M17xR4
BIOS version naming conventions on the M18xR2 and M17xR4 are not synchronized, so A12 on the R4 is probably like A10 on the R2. If you have an M18xR2, just use A10 unlocked... It's excellent. I am on A08 now after being on A09 and A10 unlocked and I can tell you there is nothing to be gained from what I can see. Apart from the boot logo, everything looks, acts and runs exactly the same. You won't go any faster and no special features added. It won't fix the issues with Recon3Di. I think there might be something Alienware tweaked for Windows 8 OSD or some other obscure and meaningless thing that was changed, but really nothing one can appreciate. Is there a problem you are hoping to solve, or just like seeing newer firmware version numbers?

If you are asking about the Alienware 18, there is no problem unlocking it, but it can't be flashed thanks to the draconian Secure Flash filth Alienware included in the BIOS. It's unlikely that you will ever have a nice BIOS for that system unless you are able and willing to remove the BIOS chip from the motherboard and replace it with a socketed version you can flash outside of the machine. The days of Alienware selling honest to goodness beast machines ended with the M18xR2.

- - - Updated - - -

BIOS version naming conventions on the M18xR2 and M17xR4 are not synchronized, so A12 on the R4 is probably like A10 on the R2. If you have an M18xR2, just use A10 unlocked... It's excellent. I am on A08 now after being on A09 and A10 unlocked and I can tell you there is nothing to be gained from what I can see. Everything looks, acts and runs exactly the same. You won't go any faster and no special features added. It won't fix the issues with Recon3Di. I think there might be something Alienware tweaked for Windows 8 OSD or some other obscure and meaningless thing that was changed, but really nothing one can appreciate. Is there a problem you are hoping to solve, or just like seeing newer firmware version numbers?

Well in the changelog it said something like "Added windows 8 compatibility". I was worried that problems would develop for A10. I can flash to stock A10 from the alienware website and use the tools provided by Dell? --> then donwload the unlocked bios and flash to A10 unlocked from DOS using the instructions of the OP.

I do have the Recon3Di bug, read a lot about it so I just decided to live with it. I go to sleep and then wake it up to fix it when it occurs. Fine with me.