• 2 weeks later...

The 37xxm and 38xxm have a semi-locked multiplier if I'm not mistaken, so the bios should allow a slight overclock, I think the multi can be raised by 4. (Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

For the 36xxm however there's no such thing. All you could do is increase the bclk a bit, but I don't recommend this for daily use since it leads to system instability. For benching only it's a different story :)

You can optimize the performance a bit if you adjust the turbo time and tdp... but only to a certain degree.

In the end it's simple... you get what you pay for. The 36xxm CPUs are decent, but there's a difference to the higher-end models. In the end you won't necessarily notice it when gaming, but when it comes to features, overclocking and also heat you'll see the different binning clearly.

The 37xxm and 38xxm have a semi-locked multiplier if I'm not mistaken, so the bios should allow a slight overclock, I think the multi can be raised by 4. (Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

For the 36xxm however there's no such thing. All you could do is increase the bclk a bit, but I don't recommend this for daily use since it leads to system instability. For benching only it's a different story :)

You can optimize the performance a bit if you adjust the turbo time and tdp... but only to a certain degree.

In the end it's simple... you get what you pay for. The 36xxm CPUs are decent, but there's a difference to the higher-end models. In the end you won't necessarily notice it when gaming, but when it comes to features, overclocking and also heat you'll see the different binning clearly.

Sorry to have to ask you again, but I've been waiting for an answer sometime and i didn't find out either. I want to upgrade to A09 unlocked from A08 unlocke, could you please help me ? I dont know how to make it. Thank you so much

You need to go back to stock A03 first by using the usb recovery method. Then you can flash the modified or stock A09 by the regular way.

Do you know if A03 is fully compatible with UEFI windows 8? I mean I have windows 8 right now and I want to upgrade to A09, but I don't know if I will have to reformat if I downgrade to A03. Thank you as always for your time and your knowledge

First post revised and updated.

Took me a while, but I found a new way of flashing the BIOS without having to blind flash back to A03 with the USB recovery method. It's pretty easy and very safe, just follow the instructions carefully. If you have questions, post them here.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

whats the difference between these two? which one has the OROM for raid0 TRIM?

also any of you R2 Owners experiencing no audio issue? seems to be a major problem with the R2 but a few have manage to fix it. I am currently using A08 unlocked bios with OROM and sound still disappeared from time to time, very annoying and frustrating. the best fix is to reset CMOS battery seems to do the trick everytime but I'd lose the ability of overclocking and setting multipliers.. and reseting bios with F9 isn't enough, which again loses bios settings.

thanks for the amazing help and guidance by @svl7 i am happy to announce the unlocked A10 BIOS modded by yours truly! First post updated with the download link.

Cheerz!

im confused, unlocked means with OROM 11+ or not? some unlocked has OROM thing beside it some doesn't.. I'd assume no because it doesn't have OROM 11+ beside it.