I am new here but want to over clock my alien ware m18x r2 which has 3920 CPU .

I know u have to flash a modded bios etc ..is there an alternative to this if I want to over clock to 3.6ghz etc without modding bios etc .

Same goes for the GTX 675 n Sli .

Any help

Sent from my V5 using Tapatalk

What's the secure boot function n windows 8.1 ,

I have windows 7 home premium 64bit , if I upgrade to windows 8.1 do I have to re install all my games again etc .

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I just tried to flash from A10 to a modified A10 but Im not 100% sure that I did the right thing as I cant really see any changes in the BIOS as to the precious STOCK A10.

This is what I did:

- Downloaded everything and putted it on the USB stick (the Error.txt is the Error 28 and I guess the two other is the Boot Log which came after I flashed the BIOS))

1111_6.jpg

- Booted from USB and first entered c:\prr2, to remove the protection

- Then I entered c:\flash, and the flash process started.

- Rebooted and went into BIOS and loaded default settings and rebooted.

Is this the right way? If I type c:\flash, does it automatically select the m18xR2 BIOS file? If I type c:\flash again it tells me that current BIOS is identical with the one Im trying to flash it with.

Thanks for the input.

Well, that might not be available if you run on the dGPUs, no idea. Try going to the bios with only the Intel HD enabled. If you flashed the bios in the way I described then you're all done.

• Thumbs Up 1

GT Overclocking is only for Intel HD Graphics and will be grayed out and shows as "Disabled" if you are using discrete graphics [example]. You can tell at a glance if you have the unlocked BIOS because there will be more menus and tons of stuff is accessible that is not even visible with the stock BIOS. If you see two "Advanced" menus and a "Power" menu such as depicted below, you're unlocked and read to rock and roll (those menus are hidden with the stock BIOS).

aogU0EDl.jpg PUzWw7El.jpg

yphnayol.jpg 8lyErv8l.jpg

Many thanks!

PS: I was also told that since I have a QM CPU, that some of the menus might be hidded even if I had a unlocked BIOS. Good my 3940XM is on its way from upgrademonkey along with two 880M :-)

Again, thanks for the help and for all the BIOS support.