A10 unlocked with the latest Intel RST option rom (12.7).

Please let me know if everything's working as it should, so I can add it to the first post.

tried it , from A03,

flashed correctly , but when i power up laptop, i just power back down.

• 1 month later...

SvI7 can we expect an unlocked A12 bios in the future? Is it worth to upgrade an unlocked A10 bios to a A12 locked Bios if using a Windows 8.1? I'm only use my bios to overclock my 3720QM to 4.0Ghz with 101.2 Bus speed and level 3 overclock. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello svl7 I am running On Stock A10 Bios. I wanted to Flash to A10 Unlocked. i know i can just do it over my stock a10 using DOS method.

My Questions is, If I wanna flash NOT only the bios but also the EC Firmware would this method do it? or do i have to go to the usb recovery method?'

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any version of an M18xR1/R2 BIOS will work with Windows 8.1, so you do not need to update the BIOS at all. The Micro$oft Mafia would like for you to drink their piss-tainted Kool-Aid, and it's not required that you partake of the Secure Boot feces to use the OS. I am running Windows 8.1 in dual boot with Windows 7 on A10 with pure Legacy Boot (no UEFI or Secure Boot option enabled in the BIOS) and Windows 8.1 functions normally.

My Bios settings are the same. Do you have the unlocked A10 Bios?

Yes, unlocked A10 works really great. You don't need to do anything other than what Brother svl7 just posted and you'll be all set.

• 4 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE. I just upgraded my m18x R2 video card from a GTX 675m and bought a Quadro k5100m. installed the dell A10 BIOS went to unlock the motherboard with the A10 Bios unlock but its not reading the card (quadro) what settings do i need to change in the bios for the motherboard to recognize the card? any help would be much appreciated!

<script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script>

• 1 month later...

If I recall, there is a procedure that upgrademonkey has you do in BIOS which allows for non-standard cards to be installed. If I were you, I'd look up a similar laptop graphics card that they sell on Ebay and see if they include instructions. If not, try PMing them and asking a "what if" type question.

EDIT: They don't have instructions listed on the sell page, but try a PM! k5100m

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what is on the flash drive....

And is that a c:\ ?

And if you are flashing an nvidia gpu or gpu's then you will need to type: (provided you have all the files)

nvflash -5 -6 -y -A whatever.rom

Hit enter key and let the system take over.

It may ask you to hit Y once more, but if it's dual gpu then it wont.

The system will flash and then auto reboot and go into windows. Unless you have your system set to boot auto from usb.

....is what you do..:)