You should have used A10 stock for recovery...

I don't know why it doesn't work, maybe it's an issue with the orom, I'll check.

EDIT: Also it's interesting that I see three downloads, did anyone else test this?

• 2 weeks later...
You should have used A10 stock for recovery...

I don't know why it doesn't work, maybe it's an issue with the orom, I'll check.

EDIT: Also it's interesting that I see three downloads, did anyone else test this?

i donwloaded it. just can't find 12.7 oprom changelog ... so i don't know if its worth it yet!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks svlV and others for sharing your wealth of information. It was a little overwhelming and frightening reading through these 36 pages. I currently have A10 on my R2 with a 3920XM. I would like to get the A10 Unlocked. Just need to get the posts and more importantly the balls to give it a go. I will definitely help you in your quest to get a new laptop once I've got it sorted.

I am newbie here. I have a m18x R2 with A10 stock bios. If I want to flash the unlocked A10 as posted here, should I just flash the BIOS A10 'unlocked' FPT ( flashing from DOS) without flash the A03 unlocked first? Thanks in advance.

Glad to know they work fine in SLI! Can't beat $390 for 85% of a 680m, ha.

Yeah, I can't switch to integrated anymore. Not detected in bios and the fn+I/D and reboot doesn't switch over after reboot just stays on the dedicated.

@equalize87

Mythlogic, more on that in the thread I made in Alienware M18x main.

Sorry for the late reply, but I just now saw your post. In case you have not already discovered, the graphics switching no longer working is likely not due to having a Clevo 675MX, rather having only one GPU installed. This has come up more than once with the M18x with different GPUs (AMD and NVIDIA) when only one has been installed. Why having one GPU versus two causes this I don't know, but you can manually switch to IGFX with the unlocked BIOS. There is a menu to do that and you simply switch it from PEG to IGFX, F10 to save and exit. It is a little bit less convenient, but it will most likely work for you if you have a need to use IGFX.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

could someone be so kind to check the Bios option for "Wake on LAN" feature if it is unlocked ?

..i really need this feature for my Alienware M18xR2 and i were wondering if this feature will be visible after unlocking the BIOS ?

...if not is someone able to add this feature to the Bios or has this been done already in another tech community and you can Link me that?

Best regards

Hello i got a huge proble i was done blind flashing on my mx 18 r2 and when it was beeping and finish beeping electricity turn off in my whole house and now my laptop dont give me any lights even or anything(wont turn on even when i press power on button) is any way to fix it or just get the technician to replace motherboard?

Well, all you can do is try blind flashing again. First of all perform a power drain.

i done power drain (take out battery bios battery and disconnect for 30 min push power on button many time but now even when i hold end button and connect power wont turn on....) then basically i cant do blind flash anymore because it wont turn on...

Hello,

it looks like the HM77 (m18x-r2 ivy bridge) doesn't support TRIM, and this disabled in the OPROM...

i have read on another forums that people have unlocked the oprom for series 6 e.t.c ..... ( AnandTech Forums - View Single Post - RAID0 trim and SRT seems possible on 6-series and 5-Series )

now to unlock TRIM support on the M18X-R2 it seems we would have to edit offset 1bb22 and add 071E000007 to replace the entry and enable trim on the hm77 raid...

i know that the hm77 as controller ID of 282A and alternativeID of 1E07 that is the number needed and needed to be edited in a oprom...

i do not have the skill knowledge and tools to do so... but i know svl7 would!

can you mod the OPROM with those info, and merge it into the m18x-r2 bios so i can test if it enable TRIM on the m18x-r2?

thank you!