Looks fine to me... On battery you will never get to P0 since it simply can't provide enough juice to make your hardware run at full speed, and the grayed out sliders are stuff you can't control per software on a mobile Nvidia card.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Coming from a 660m I was able to use it at 100% on battery so I thought something was amiss.

Is it typical to lose I/D switching capability when using a Clevo card in a Dell?

Hello fellow m18x r2 owners,

I just upgraded the laptop to a 675mx and seemingly it isn't fully recognized by the bios, which just sees it as "Nvidia GTX".

The P0 state isn't recognized by Nvidia Inspector either:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7242[/ATTACH]

The card can go into P0 with AC power but stays at P5 when on battery power.

Also I can't switch to integrated graphics.

Will a modded bios solve any of this? Thanks

All cards in the M18X are seen as NVIDIA GTX regardless of model in the Bios.

Switching to integrated graphics is done in the bios or on the fly with a Reboot required.

My 675MX's are running in SLI MODE just fine with no problems, Only thing is you need to orginally modifiy the Nvidia inf file to install the driver apart from that all is well.

All cards in the M18X are seen as NVIDIA GTX regardless of model in the Bios.

Switching to integrated graphics is done in the bios or on the fly with a Reboot required.

My 675MX's are running in SLI MODE just fine with no problems, Only thing is you need to orginally modifiy the Nvidia inf file to install the driver apart from that all is well.

Glad to know they work fine in SLI! Can't beat $390 for 85% of a 680m, ha.

Yeah, I can't switch to integrated anymore. Not detected in bios and the fn+I/D and reboot doesn't switch over after reboot just stays on the dedicated.

@equalize87

Mythlogic, more on that in the thread I made in Alienware M18x main.

post-661-14494995140187_thumb.jpg

Glad to know they work fine in SLI! Can't beat $390 for 85% of a 680m, ha.

Yeah, I can't switch to integrated anymore. Not detected in bios and the fn+I/D and reboot doesn't switch over after reboot just stays on the dedicated.

@equalize87

Mythlogic, more on that in the thread I made in Alienware M18x main.

Yep, too right 675mx kills the 580m/675m heat wise too! ill post some screens of vantage if ppl need to see performance of 675mx in sli in Alienware M18X R2, It's got me beat why Dell don't get rid of the 675m altogether and just replace it with 675mx, anyway looks like a 780m is coming my way for testing lol can't wait. The PR guy is a bit scared to release it in my hot little hands in case of a LEAK. (me leak, of course so!)

Anyway Maxxender (picture added for your reference see my card type and bios to compare) did you try resetting your bios to defaults and try using the igpx switching, as mine is working no problems even on the new drivers 314.22 with the unlocked A10 bios. (need to personally thank svl7 for his continued hard work) Thank You!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7327[/ATTACH]

Yep, too right 675mx kills the 580m/675m heat wise too! ill post some screens of vantage if ppl need to see performance of 675mx in sli in Alienware M18X R2, It's got me beat why Dell don't get rid of the 675m altogether and just replace it with 675mx, anyway looks like a 780m is coming my way for testing lol can't wait. The PR guy is a bit scared to release it in my hot little hands in case of a LEAK. (me leak, of course so!)

Anyway Maxxender (picture added for your reference see my card type and bios to compare) did you try resetting your bios to defaults and try using the igpx switching, as mine is working no problems even on the new drivers 314.22 with the unlocked A10 bios. (need to personally thank svl7 for his continued hard work) Thank You!

Strange, do you think drivers could have anything to do with it? GPU-z crashes if OpenCL is scanned, unlike in yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you SVL7, Successfully flashed the A10 unlocked bios over 10 stock, running from a usb stick made with rufus_v1.3.2.exe and selected freeDOS. It did bsod the first time I tried to boot, but duh, storage mode was set to raid, and my OS drive is in AHCI.

I'll now be flashing the vbios, any suggestons for the 680 sli?

Hi !

Thank you for you answer. I flashed the A10 v2 unlocked bios, but the only option i see in the bios is the "Wake On PME" one. I enabled it, but I can't wake my computer when it's power off.

All the "Wake On Lan" options are enabled on the ethernet card settings in the Windows 7 device manager. I can wake my computer on sleep, but when it is power off, despite all the options are enabled, the card is no longer powered, so the magic packet does nothing.

I saw on another forum that unlocked bios for M18xR1 do allow to edit "Wake On Lan" option, but it seems that unlocked bios for R2 do not.

How can I make my card be powered when the computer is power off ? Is there a way to have real "Wake On Lan" option in the bios instead of "Wake On PME" ?

Edit : If I can't find a way to make Wake On Lan work when the computer is power off, i will enabled hibernation in Windows 7 and use wake on lan from hibernation. In that case, the "hiberfil.sys" will be a pain for my SSD, but if I have no choice, I prefer enjoy Wake On lan and have my SSD live shorter. What do you think ?

• 2 weeks later...

The difference is mainly the way of upgrading. If you're already on something newer than A03 then you're best of by flashing the regular update first and then using the FPT version. Read again and let me know if something's unclear.

• Thumbs Up 1

i have a a10 stock laptop. i flashed the unlocked a10 to it. it seem fine. when it boots up windows get a blue sceen. i tried to reinstall windows. it errors out saying windows can not in stall on hardware. i am running windows 7. any ideas?