Hi guys ! I'm new here, but I've got a question for you as I read the 1st post... I'm currently running win8 on the new a09 bios (but locked one). So is there any way to apply the unlocked version on my machine ? I think that I've read that it will break my system ... is that true ? :(

thanks in advance for your replies !

So you are basically telling me to try to downgrade to A05 via your link and then update to A09 unlocked ? And that will work like a charm ??

(oh I've another question, on 3Dmark11 I only have a P5856 score, if I o/c the gpu I can reach sometimes P6000 but I saw others having a P7000 without overclocking and those guys had the same cpu as mine (i7 3610qm)... my cpu score is 1000 point under its normal score... is that normal ? could it be related to win8 ??)

Thanks !

If I need to revert from A09 stock, do I go to A05 stock or A05 modded first? I'd like to get up and running on the A09 modded so I can completely disable the IGFX because the dialog is so bloody annoying everytime I unplug. I already disabled the IGFX with F7 but apparently that isn't enough to "completely" hide it.

From where does the message come? If it's from a tray icon you can easily disable it.

Else you'd need to revert to A05 first in order to be able to flash a modified version.

Well, technically I found another way, but this needs me to have access to the system.

svl7 I have on my R4 flash the bios A09 stock, I can put the bios a09 unlock?

You need to downgrade to bios A05 and then upgrade to unlocked A09.

Question, when i download this update how should I apply? Update to A08 Unlocked then A09 unlocked or can I just go straight to A09 unlocked? I remember reading that it was best to apply the updates consecutively. Is this true?

I would just update it to A09 unlocked straight away.

If I need to revert from A09 stock, do I go to A05 stock or A05 modded first?

I would go A05 Stock first and then A09 modded.

well i have just updated from A05 stock to A09 Unlocked and it bricked my Laptop.

The laptop is now not turning on.

Any suggestion?

Edit: I have called Alienware Support and they will send out a tech with a new motherboard :)

if you do like me : "brick" your computer's bios... I mean, just do as it was bricked with the usb key flashing procedure (flash the stock version of a05, even if flashing the unlocked one directly works also - that's what I did) and then flash upon it the a05 unlocked version (if you didn't flash directly a05 unlocked of course) and then flash a09 unlocked. It should work without any problem ;)

Good luck !

A10 unlocked added to the first post. Don't forget to install the latest IRST driver since Dell finally updated the raid orom. Load defaults after flashing.

You can only flash this file the regular way when coming from A05 or earlier. Downgrade by using the USB recovery method and then flash the regular way.

Flashing A10 directly by using the USB method should work as well.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, I'm severely screwed right now... I put the A10 unlocked BIOS on a USB stick, renamed it, held the end key and connected it to power, started the usual full fan, beeping and so on. Then suddenly it starts to beep rapidly, stops beeping and fans run on full for a long time before powering off. Now the computer is a paperweight, can't do ANYTHING. The recovery procedure doesn't work, will not power on, also tried to remove the battery for a minute. Anyone have an idea what to do now?

You can only flash this file the regular way when coming from A05 or earlier. Downgrade by using the USB recovery method and then flash the regular way.

Flashing A10 directly by using the USB method should work as well.

So i can flash any unlocked bios via the USB method or should i downgrade 1st?

Last time i downgraded to A05 stock and flashed using A09 unlocked it bricked my M17x and the laptop wouldnt turn on anymore.

ehau: Correct, you have to downgrade from A09 to A05 using the recovery method, or you can flash directly to A10 via recovery method. Keep in mind though that I completely bricked my system with this and need a new motherboard...

Okay, I'm severely screwed right now... I put the A10 unlocked BIOS on a USB stick, renamed it, held the end key and connected it to power, started the usual full fan, beeping and so on. Then suddenly it starts to beep rapidly, stops beeping and fans run on full for a long time before powering off. Now the computer is a paperweight, can't do ANYTHING. The recovery procedure doesn't work, will not power on, also tried to remove the battery for a minute. Anyone have an idea what to do now?

Well, shit... sorry to hear this. Call Dell.

So i can flash any unlocked bios via the USB method or should i downgrade 1st?

Last time i downgraded to A05 stock and flashed using A09 unlocked it bricked my M17x and the laptop wouldnt turn on anymore.

I don't see why the direct upgrade per blind flash shouldn't work... but looking at otsego's results it might cause issues. Or he might just have been unlucky, I don't think he did anything wrong.

Can i disable Intel GPU to use only AMD GPU with an unlocked BIOS ?

Yes.

Hi,

My laptop has Dell A09 BIOS.

To upgrade my laptop with A10 unlocked BIOS, do I directly flash it with this version or flash it with Dell A10 BIOS first and after flash it with unlocked BIOS ?

Best regards.

eivan.

eivan: not to be rude, but seriously, read the first post and the readme. It clearly states you have to be on A05 before flashing the UNLOCKED BIOS, or you have to blind flash the unlocked BIOS directly (which in my case hard bricked my laptop). Please read and KNOW what you are doing. Flashing this should be unproblematic, but ONLY if you know what you are doing. This is not something you should even consider to attempt if you have no clue about what BIOS-flashing does.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian pinned this topic