EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

On 1/14/2020 at 5:53 AM, MattyB said:

The 120Hz display requires a dedicated Nvidia GPU. It will not work on the integrated graphics. You will most likely get a beep code error 

Notice it HAS to be a Nvidia, Amd only work on 60hz.

Help needed! Hi everyone first all....

I've Dell M17xr4 since 2012:

I7 3840QM

Intel IVY Bridge

Nvidia GTX 675M

8GB RAM

PSU 330W

In 2015 I lost my screen display during a simple NVIDIA Driver upgrade and then using an IN/FAMOUS Nvidia tool (8 Beeps of death).  After one year I succeeded to build a cable and with an USB programmer I repaired my EDID LGD02DA Display; now everything is ok.

My laptop had installed windows 7 64bit Ultimate (I think it's not fully UEFI COMPLIANT OS).

Two days ago I've installed a second Internal HDD and tried Windows 10 Pro install in full UEFI.

I've flashed VBIOS for my GTX Dell 675m - 70.24.4E.00.10.zip (UEFI SUPPORT)

Installed Windows 10 with these Bios Settings

Load Legacy OPROM = Disabled

Secure Boot = Disabled
Fast Boot = Disabled

With Windows 10 Pro 64bit everything works perfectly I can use Internal and external HDMI Display (27" DELL) without issue I can switch from internal to external, extend display, turn Off second display (external HDMI) and keep internal display ON or I can turn OFF internal and use as primary display my external HDMI monitor.

Now I cannot do same things with Windows 7 64bit.

I.E.

If I try to disable internal display and I use my second monitor as first display it works but I cannot revert.... there's no way to turn ON internal display and turn off external.

This happens even if I use Intel 4000 and GTX 675M togheter  or Discrete only GPU GTX 675m

(While in Windows 10 I can Do everything)

There's only a way to do this  set BIOS:

Load Legacy OPROM = Enabled

(I've tried also a new fresh Windows 7 64bit Ultimate install with full UEFI) But I've same video issue.

Now I'm on latest A15 firmware and I've done step by step from a05 till latest always only STOCK Bios.

A modded A15 Bios can Help? Anyway it's better stay on a latest modded Bios with a system configuration likes mine? (I don't do anykind of overclock now I use my m17xr4 only as Sampler for musical Keyboard with an external AUDIO CARD.

Can I flash directly A015 modded Bios or I need to revert to official A05 then upgrade to latest modded?

P.S.

Sorry for long POST and thank you in advance Klem and everyone that can help me to understand what's happening and why.

I think vbios is ok and EDID internal display is ok. (ALSO HDMI IN it's working perfectly)

Edited by flyingsaucer

On 1/14/2020 at 7:53 AM, MattyB said:

The 120Hz display requires a dedicated Nvidia GPU. It will not work on the integrated graphics. You will most likely get a beep code error 

Yes, I already checked it. I put a 980m video card and a 120Hz display. They only work in UEFI. Now I'm looking for an unlocked BIOS for the video card, since there is a power restriction in the stock one.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, astrolopiteco said:

Hi, nice to participate in this forum, 

Hi Klem, can you unlock my bios a15?

Thank you in advance

m17x r4

https://www.sendspace.com/file/28l1e2

Hi!

Your unlocked a15 done. I already sent it to you in PM.

Hi Klem, I wanted to ask you if the clevo gtx 680m 4gb card is compatible with m17x r4 3d display, i need unlocked bios (i have unlocked a15 but not yet installed) or modified video drivers? Or will be recognized quietly s once placed in her quarters. Will win 10 also have its drivers? Thank you all

Screenshot_20200209_181952.jpg

Edited by astrolopiteco

1 hour ago, astrolopiteco said:

I wanted to ask you if the clevo gtx 680m 4gb card is compatible with m17x r4 3d display

Hi!

Unfortunately I don't know.

I solved thanks, it can be mounted, with the right dissipation, you must not have unlocked bios and video driver mod. Plug & play

Who has an unlocked BIOS A15 for m17x r4? help me please

On 12.01.2020 at 21:37, Klem said:

Здравствуй!

Нет, разблокированный биос не может помочь в вашем случае.

hi dear, can you help me with unlocking the bios too? I have a Dell alienware m17x r4 bios A15 which utility can backup bios

Hello, you have the bios unlocked a15, I do not know if it can fit x all, or if it is unique. You asked Klem? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, astrolopiteco said:

Здравствуйте, у вас есть разблокированный BIOS a15, я не знаю, может ли он соответствовать x все, или если он уникален. Ты спросил Клема? 

Hello no, I don’t know the first time on this site! I want hd7970 to install gtx 980 or 880, which BIOS is better?
4 minutes ago, astrolopiteco said:

Здравствуйте, у вас есть разблокированный BIOS a15, я не знаю, может ли он соответствовать x все, или если он уникален. Ты спросил Клема? 

sorry for soi bad english i use translator

I don't know, 

I also rely on this site, I'm newly registered, 

I think Klem is the person to hear. 

42 minutes ago, astrolopiteco said:

Я не знаю, 

Я также полагаюсь на этот сайт, я недавно зарегистрирован, 

Я думаю, что Клем это человек, чтобы услышать. 

ok)

hey Klem... i am upgrading my alienware 17 with gtx970m... could you please unlock this a14 bios for me?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/s1uwp8

10 minutes ago, fluxx87 said:

hey Klem... i am upgrading my alienware 17 with gtx970m... could you please unlock this a14 bios for me?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/s1uwp8

Hi!

Please tell me why you want to unlock your bios?

thanks for answering dude... i need the unlocked a14 bios to get the gtx970m running on my alienware 17 windows10 pro 64bit... 

i got the a13 stock bios at the moment but cant run the gpu in optimus mode with this bios... windows is also installed in uefi mode

i got the info from this page here:

https://clevo-computer.com/de/ersatzteile/alienware/alienware-17/

and also found some infos here in this forums...

sorry for my bad english

17 minutes ago, fluxx87 said:

thanks for answering dude... i need the unlocked a14 bios to get the gtx970m running on my alienware 17 windows10 pro 64bit... 

i got the a13 stock bios at the moment but cant run the gpu in optimus mode with this bios... windows is also installed in uefi mode

i got the info from this page here:

https://clevo-computer.com/de/ersatzteile/alienware/alienware-17/

and also found some infos here in this forums...

sorry for my bad english

Ok. As first step, flash original stock bios A14 version. Then if you want to unlock it, you need to prepare file bios backup from your laptop. 

For creating backup of bios use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the backup tool as Administrator (right click mouse).  Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM or or upload it to any fileserver and post the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

ok thank you very much for info klem...

i got battery problem...

i cant flash bios right now because my battery is dead... :rofl:

at least it must have 10% for flashing bios with the dell update tool...

instantly ordered a new battery... every other method flashing bios without battery is to dangerous i think... dont want to brick my alien... :alien:

i would send you the backup results in a few days if this is ok for you? 

when the new battery has arrived and a14 bios is flashed...

greetings