Has successfully flash to the unlocked A10 BIOS.

Following the procedure as described:

1. Blind flash back to A05 BIOS

2. Re-Boot and enter BIOS to make necessary changes

3. Re-Boot and load Win7

4. Flash un-locked A10

5. Re-Boot and enter BIOS to make necessary changes (including unlocked options)

6. Re-boot and load Win7

7. Enjoy

• Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone seen a significant difference in FPS in games after using the new unlocked bios.I have a m17x with 3820qm,12gb ,Dual intel 520 SSD's and a 680m .When i play far cry 3 it is only fully smooth on the medium or low settings,can get 45 fps on high but it just isnt smooth enough to play for some reason.Have optimized all the settings and am still having problems,not sure if it could be the windows 8 .

So I went down to A05 and up to A10 unlocked just fine. Got into Windows, all well. Then I went back into the BIOS and disabled the integrated video card (wanted to run on only the ATI). Now I only get beeps on POST and no video. I tried removing the CMOS battery, no luck. How can I get out of this stuck beeping state?

So I went down to A05 and up to A10 unlocked just fine. Got into Windows, all well. Then I went back into the BIOS and disabled the integrated video card (wanted to run on only the ATI). Now I only get beeps on POST and no video. I tried removing the CMOS battery, no luck. How can I get out of this stuck beeping state?

Which bios setting exactly did you change?

I went too far the with 17x R4 blind flashing. I successfully blind flashed from the locked A09 to A05, as described. However, I was then stuck unable to get my WIN 8 boot drive working under that bios version, prob thanks to no UEFI. I tried to create a temp install just so I could flash back up to unlocked A09. I then ran into the installer complaining about GPT partitions no matter what I tried to do with my spare drive. I got really annoyed after a while of this, instead of thinking to perhaps pull out WIN 7 install disc and going that way, I went to try same method as Otsego did to see if I too could successfully brick the same way. Result was indeed total brick. So if anyone thinks total brick via blind flash of later bios after successful A05 downgrade is just bad luck, nope, it a certainty. First time I've ever seen a laptop or PC brick out totally like this. So back to old M14x R1 while the M17x goes back to Dell... That's what perils of being a hackintosh enthusiast on the side- I was that interested in unlocked bios, just for it's ability to switch discrete graphics.

Same story as ozdude, only my motherboard is replayed 1 week ago.

Never had this before.

I geuss be carefull with flashing of your m17x r4

On the bright side, for the first time in all the many Dells and Alienwares I've owned over last 10 years, I'm getting onsite repair- prob cause it's the first one that's gone down totally(my fault or otherwise). Not sure exactly when, but still I'm glad to not have to send it anywhere. Just got to make sure whatever local contractor muppet they send out doesn't think he's going to miraculously fix it without a new MB in his 'tool kit'. Also that he's not walking away with my GTX 680 or even upgraded WIFI if the tech is ill-equipped for the onsite repair. That would be more than a tad annoying...

Jep, technician also came here and fix it :)

But it needs to be done again, my wifi is not working and technician came again today replacing the wifi what didnt work and he geusses this motherboard is faulty, tomorrow coming back.

Jep, technician also came here and fix it :)

But it needs to be done again, my wifi is not working and technician came again today replacing the wifi what didnt work and he geusses this motherboard is faulty, tomorrow coming back.

Techs got mine apart currently. So will see shortly I guess. Getting new Corsair memory upgrade done while he's got it apart, will save me doing it later. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted, I should know pretty soon. Won't be much down time resulting if so. :cool:

hey svl7,

I also want to use your unlocked A10 Bios but I'm a bit scared :D At the moment im running the orginal Dell A10 bios but I want to use your unlocked Version to disable the integrated Graphic so that I can only run my Nvidia gtx 680m.

I've read that someone in this Thrad does the same and his Laptop wont start anymore and a lot of beep sound comes out of it.

I don't have a current AW system, so I can't tell whether it really works or not, but as far as I remember it works perfectly fine.

I know what option are in my modified bios, so here's what you should be looking for: Change 'Primary Display' to 'PEG' and then disable the iGPU, somewhere at 'Internal Graphics Device' -> 'IGD'. This should result in your system booting using only the 680m, no more Optimus.

Ok thank you, I'll try it but I need 2 more Posts to use your downloadlink :/

Edit: I tryed to install the unlocked A10 Bios but When it restart, I always get the error that "this firmware isn't valid press any key to reset"

If I press any key, the old Bios loads and Windows start normaly, what I'm doing wrong?

At the moment I use the original Dell A10 Bios

As already stated several times in this thread, as well as in the included instructions, you can't just flash a modified firmware when coming from a bios using secure flash procedures in order to update the firmware. If you're curious about the reasons for this, check the link at the very top of the first post.

To repeat myself once more - you can only flash a modified bios when you come from BIOS A05 or earlier. Therefore you first need to downgrade per USB recovery method, after that you can easily flash any bios you want by using by using the regular flash tools.

Merci beaucoup pour ce partage mais l'installation ne fonctionne pas chez moi

First of all, this is an English - speaking forum, most users here don't understand French. Second, did you follow the instructions? You need to come from A05 or earlier in order to flash a modified bios.

Yea I used the original Dell A05 Bios

You renamed the file accordingly and followed the procedure step by step?

yep I followed the guide step by step, download the bios, renamed the file, put this file(only the rennamed) on a empty fat32 formated usb stick. removed the akku and power adapter, put the stick in the eSata slot, press the end button(and hold it) and put in the power adapter. My laptop start... little time a black display but its doing something->restart(automatic).... some beep sound--->restart(automatic) with alienware logo and normal windows boot process. After this, nothing was changed!

Sounds rather odd to me, but maybe there have been some changes in the latest systems which come with A10 installed... I can take a look at it when I find, per teamviewer - in case you let me that is.

• Brian pinned this topic