I upgraded to Windows 8, and I was reading how to improve boot times they basically used a version of hibernation to quickly load previous driver/hardware info when booting the system. Even though the bios is accessed before the OS loads, has that led to any complications for people trying to downgrade from the stock a09 and flash the unlocked a09 with Windows 8?

Maybe i'm just missing something, but whenever i try to use the m17r4 a09, it reboots, then gives me an error message upon restart. Insyde H20- Secure Flash, Error:Invalid Firmware Image!!! Press any key to reboot.

ive got it on the unlocked a08 also, which i have the "normal" a08. Anyone else get this?

Everyone gets this, it's all described in the first post, the links in the first post, the READ ME file in the unlocked bios download, and in several posts here as well iirc. ;)

Maybe i'm just missing something, but whenever i try to use the m17r4 a09, it reboots, then gives me an error message upon restart. Insyde H20- Secure Flash, Error:Invalid Firmware Image!!! Press any key to reboot.

ive got it on the unlocked a08 also, which i have the "normal" a08. Anyone else get this?

Only is posible of A05 > A08 or A09 but not unlocked BIOS -A08 > A08 stock.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

• Thumbs Up 1

hi All,

thanks for the suggestions guys...i'm using NIS 2011 :) not NIS 2013, but i kind of found a solution the problem is kind of fixed... its drivers issue... In dark void game if i turn the feature PhysX feature OFF from LOW(which i kept) no throttling at all the and works smoothly @ 120FPS... and Even if i had kept 3D Steroescopic feature OFF in Nvidia CP still the game works with 3D ON and Even 3D emitter turns On somehow... But alteast throttling is gone... But the Alinefx lights still don't work properly with games using Alinefx feaure for health monitoring... the lights GO dark after couple of minutes... But still thats not major issue... i have reported the Nvidia and created a case for driver feedback issue hope they fix this game issue in upcoming drivers... Anyways thanks for your helps and suggestion... \

BTW the A09 here is real nice... It helps me turn off my Optimus and help me manage to change few other setting like setting from HDD to SSD in port 1 where i used SSD and not HDD which was default also many other features... thanks for new Bios...

Regards!

So If I read this correctly. You cannot flash from Stock A09 > Unlocked A09?

That is correct. Only is possible flahs bios 05 stock or unlock > 08 or 09.

From bios 09 stock not is possible nothing..............not downgrade or upgrade to bios unlock

I just updated to A09 version, and I can't get the turbo boost to work properly. All cores run at max all the time. Any one else having this problem? I already tried disabling the p-states but that would only remove all turbo boost. I need the processor to idle instead of running at max.

Yes J95, my bios setting are the same as yours. At first I assumed it was that the C-States were disabled, but after checking everything seemed normal. I am going to downgrade to A05 and back to A09 unlocked. I will report results later.

Edit: Well after exhausting all options for fixing the problem I had to downgrade to A05 then A09 unlocked again. Unfortunately that didn't work out, so I assumed it was a mistake with my system. Did a fresh install and everything is working fine now on unlocked A09.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Brian pinned this topic