svl7, i would place a warning for those who have Modded Vbios, that it potentially causes the Bios flash to brick.

No need for a warning because this is not true... the vbios has nothing to do with the bios and bios update, it's even stored on a separate rom. If you had a bad flash then it was simply due to bad luck, not due to the modified vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

I want to flash my bios to this unlocked one but what features would the average user use? Can this bios allow overclock of the i7 3720qm? or ram? stuff like that. Thanks!

Yes,but you can overclock your i7-3720qm with the stock bios too.

Go to Advanced/Performance Option/Overclocking Enable/Extreme Edition Enabled and than you can use Level 1-3 overclocking

or change the Core Ratio Limits by yourself.

I use 38/37/36/36 and it works great.

Have fun:glee:

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi there,

I want to flash my bios to this unlocked one but what features would the average user use? Can this bios allow overclock of the i7 3720qm? or ram? stuff like that. Thanks!

Yes you can overclock with a05 unlocked,but with the stock bios too.

Go to Advanced/Performance Option/Overclocking Feature Enable/Extreme Edition Enabled and than use Level 1-3 oveclocking

or change the Core Ratio Limits by yourself.F10 Save and Exit that´s all.I use 38/37/36/36 and it works fine.

Have fun:highly_amused:

I have flashed the unlocked BIOS and everything seems to work fine, but I can't find the new options in the BIOS.

The only change is the tab "Main", where the hardwareinformations are listed.

Everything else is same as before. Did I do something wrong ?

The "Advanced" tab, like in this screenshot, is completely missing for me.

4708d1344610180-04-advanced2.jpg

Maybe try to reset bios settings to default and reflash and see if it shows all the menus then. Im not sure why you would experience that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Does this allow hypertheading to be turned off?

oh i didnt even notice i posted twice O.O

Also how would i flash this? this is my first real computer so im still learning and everyone has to learn from some where ;)

If you disable hypertheading.

Flashing is simple .... first you put the battery in your computer. after, close all programs you have in the background (disable antivirus, etc). Then run the exe file of the bios and wait for it to finish.

If all goes well smoothly restarts.

Unlocked A08 added to the first post, it will take a while until it is ready on the server, T|I users can grab the attachement so they don't need to wait.

Please let me know how it goes, menus should show up just as in the previous modified BIOS, but I still don't have access to a system to test it myself.

svl7, the unlocked A08 works perfectly.

All the advanced (hidden) menus are there, only issue is after flashing, the setting reversed to factory default.

Which is inconsistent with stock BIOS flashing behavior, but no biggie.

Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually a bios flash should always reset the cmos if it's set up properly... it doesn't do it all the time, but I recommend anyone who flashes the bios to got to the setup menu afterwards and reload the defaults.

Actually a bios flash should always reset the cmos if it's set up properly... it doesn't do it all the time, but I recommend anyone who flashes the bios to got to the setup menu afterwards and reload the defaults.

This I live by too :) safety first :)

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

Unlocked A08 added to the first post, it will take a while until it is ready on the server, T|I users can grab the attachement so they don't need to wait.

Please let me know how it goes, menus should show up just as in the previous modified BIOS, but I still don't have access to a system to test it myself.

It works great svl7:Banane49:

Thank you so much again!

Awaiting unlocked A09 from modder extraordinaire :)

Hehehe, thanks, sure.

@ALL:

I tried to put together some information regarding the latest AW BIOS updates, and the most crucial changes in them. I'm aware that it's a bit a wall of text, and very quickly written, but if you intend to use modified bios versions you should take a look at it, or even better, read it.

It might even be an interesting read for people who don't use modified bios files.

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/2252-information-about-bios-updates-a07-a08-higher-m14xr2-m17xr4-m18xr2.html

A09 added. Keep in mind that currently you will only be able to flash a modified version when you come from A05 or older. Going back won't necessarily work once A08 or later is on your system. Some had success with the USB method, some didn't.

A09 added. Keep in mind that currently you will only be able to flash a modified version when you come from A05 or older. Going back won't necessarily work once A08 or later is on your system. Some had success with the USB method, some didn't.

What do you mean? So I currently have the unlocked A05 on my system. What precautions must I take?

• Brian pinned this topic