• 2 weeks later...

with this bios i had a big issue, my gtx680 was thottling every time to 4xxMHz (afterburner has no effect) but no problem with original a05. I thought there was no relationship between bios and vbios? can someone try same setting, with and without a05 unlocked?

my system: 3610qm and gtx 680m

hi shipwreck can you explain the update steps that you did and did you see any perfomance boost with this update ? thanks

I just ran the Windows patcher (be aware, once you've started it, there is no further confirmation whether you want to proceed or not, so you're committed ;)

I have found no difference in GTX680m throttling behaviour between stock A05 and the modified one.

I just ran the Windows patcher (be aware, once you've started it, there is no further confirmation whether you want to proceed or not, so you're committed ;)

I have found no difference in GTX680m throttling behaviour between stock A05 and the modified one.

thanks for the answer but you did the update in windows but what exe file did you use there is 3 exe files sorry but i dont know what file is the patcher

svl7, i would place a warning for those who have Modded Vbios, that it potentially causes the Bios flash to brick. I have your modded Vbios (900/1300/1.075V) followed your README and my bios bricked. When it automatically restarted fans were at fullspeed with constant beeps for around 10min with LEDS all lit up... Correct me if i'm wrong on this tho, thanks. I'm thinking i might have to pull the GPU before flash...

I recovered using the M17R4.hrd file FYI.

-Mike

Yes, it was used to flash system Bios, if i decided to try and flash it again with the Unlocked A05 bios again or any future bios, ill pull GPU and see what happens, again if there are other potentials causing this issue please list them with known facts if possible, as this helps me go about a flash with all bases covered, thanks for the input.

-Mike

• Brian pinned this topic