21 hours ago, MattyB said:

There is apparently a prema vBIOS that I've been told works well. Have you tried that one?

Hi MattyB

I've been looking for vBios from Prema for many days, but I can't find it anywhere. I haven't been lucky yet :-(

Do you know where vBios from Prema can be found?

1 hour ago, mogul said:

Hi MattyB

I've been looking for vBios from Prema for many days, but I can't find it anywhere. I haven't been lucky yet :-(

Do you know where vBios from Prema can be found?

I know I've seen the link somewhere so I will keep searching for you. I've also come across this one posted by VicGee at NotebookReview

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-17-r1-980m-upgrade.832694/#post-11009331

17 hours ago, MattyB said:

I know I've seen the link somewhere so I will keep searching for you. I've also come across this one posted by VicGee at NotebookReview

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-17-r1-980m-upgrade.832694/#post-11009331

Hi MattyB

If you could find the download link, I would be very grateful. I don't know where to look anymore.
The vBios posted by VicGee does not look like Prema unless it is renamed Prema. Unfortunately, I don't know that.

• 1 month later...

Hi Klem !

I am new on the forum.

I use GTX770m for my laptop with modded driver, but it looks like despite everything i did it still not working properly.

After reading through the posts, i find that it looks like you're the one who can help me fix my problem.

Can you help me fix my problem?

Thank you in advance, i really appreciate it

On 2/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, nzr said:

Hi Klem !

I am new on the forum.

I use GTX770m for my laptop with modded driver, but it looks like despite everything i did it still not working properly.

After reading through the posts, i find that it looks like you're the one who can help me fix my problem.

Can you help me fix my problem?

Thank you in advance, i really appreciate it

What issues are you having? Maybe I can help

Hi @MattyB!

I use M17xR4 - GTX 770M - i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz - 16GB 1600MHz

I use A15 BIOS

I mod the nvdmi.inf to add support for the 770M, i managed to installed it, but i'm having difficulties to use it as default graphic card.

Whenever i try to open the nvdia control panel, it shows error message "NVIDIA Display Settings are not available, You are not currently using a display attached to an NVDIA GPU."

WIll you be kind to guide me the correct step please? I think i didn't do it properly

Thank you

7 hours ago, nzr said:

Hi @MattyB!

I use A15 BIOS

I mod the nvdmi.inf to add support for the 770M, i managed to installed it, but i'm having difficulties to use it as default graphic card.

Whenever i try to open the nvdia control panel, it shows error message "NVIDIA Display Settings are not available, You are not currently using a display attached to an NVDIA GPU."

WIll you be kind to guide me the correct step please? I think i didn't do it properly

Thank you

Hi,

switch to external graphics only?
Fn + F7 keys

On 2/20/2021 at 3:35 AM, nzr said:

Hi @MattyB!

I use A15 BIOS

Thank you

That is a little strange. If you did the .inf mod correctly then you should be able to change your settings. What is displayed under Display Adapters in your Device Manager? I'm assuming you have the 60hz panel so you should see the Intel 4000 and 770M listed. 

Also install GPU-Z and see if your 770M is shown correctly there with all the device information (vBIOS version. driver version, etc)

When you inserted the hardware ID line into the .inf did you also add the String for the 770M and the bottom of the .inf file?

17 hours ago, MattyB said:

That is a little strange. If you did the .inf mod correctly then you should be able to change your settings. What is displayed under Display Adapters in your Device Manager? I'm assuming you have the 60hz panel so you should see the Intel 4000 and 770M listed. 

Also install GPU-Z and see if your 770M is shown correctly there with all the device information (vBIOS version. driver version, etc)

When you inserted the hardware ID line into the .inf did you also add the String for the 770M and the bottom of the .inf file?

Here is my Device manager, gpu-z, and display adapter information

https://imgur.com/a/lnyJxIb

I did add the string if im not mistaken

It's odd that it shows it as a basic display adapter in one box but as the 770M in the others. Can you post the hardware ID of the 770M and also the line you inserted into the .inf of the driver? Can you also post the string line?

Also just make sure that you inserted your modded ID line into all the hardware ID groups in the inf. There should be 3 groups of hardware ID's, one for Win7, Win8 and Win10. It's best to just put the line in each group to make sure you get the right one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
5 hours ago, JIactik said:

Good time of day. Please tell me where to download the program for the bios backup?

Hi!

For creating backup of bios you can use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the backup tool as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator").  Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

• Bios Modder
On 4/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, Mscott2016 said:

@Klem would u be able to help me with 1060 upgrade on the m17 r4 i got it running but its not showing 1060 in windows 10

Hi!

Read these threads: 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/m17x-r4-1070-succesfull-upgrade-2020-tutorial.833339/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/msi-gtx-1070-mxm-successfully-working-on-alienware-m17x-r4-another-socket-victory-against-bga-crap.803637/

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/9/2018 at 9:48 PM, Klem said:

If someone wants unlocked bios A12 or A13, A14 then you can download and install original stock bios A12 or A13 or A14  from manufacturer website, then create file backup of your bios.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM or or upload it to any fileserver and post the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

Hi, When I use this tool, it shows red warnings "Error 201: [FPTw.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor."  and "Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access. Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers."

What I have is an m17x r4, with 660M and I want to update to 1070. 

would you pls give me some advise?

• Bios Modder
12 minutes ago, chintom said:

Hi, When I use this tool, it shows red warnings "Error 201: [FPTw.exe] cannot be run on the current platform. Please contact your vendor."  and "Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access. Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers."

What I have is an m17x r4, with 660M and I want to update to 1070. 

would you pls give me some advise?

Just ignore the error messages. Need your file results.rar