• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, xPeter said:

Is any option to clear Cmoc settings in unlocked A11 bios on M17r4? I turned off internal graphic adapter and now have only "beeps" at start.

Hi!

You can reset the settings very simply. If you temporarily remove all your RAM sticks, and instead of them temporarily insert one another RAM stick (with different RAM size, or from different manufacturer).

Edited by Klem

ill buy one and try thanks Klem

It works but I have one more question -how to setup options in bios to disable/awoid this intel graphic. I just want to open games and the rest using nvidia, but now all is opening with intel one. Even if Ill use fn+f7 keys it shows only gf780M but games working terrible...

Edited by xPeter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, wetwood said:

Downgraded from A13 to A11 to use your bios. no access so making a few posts.

does the download link for [FPT]-M17x_R4_BIOS_A11_-_[unlocked]V2.zip work for anyone else?

From what I understand, you are unable to access download links due to being pre-promotion status. From what I’ve read after a week your account will be reviewed and upgraded if not deemed not spam. I’m in a similar boat as you as I cannot access downloads yet either. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Edited by MattTeix
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was also trying to access the latest unlocked BIOS but cannot access this at present, help?

I think my 7970m died, 7 beeps after reboot, but if I let it cool enough days without turning on, it will actually boot up to Windows, so I wanted to reset to BIOS to default and downgrade from a13 to unlocked a11 v2. Eurocom apparently has the A12 unlocked described on their page.

I am hoping after I do this, I can order the 980m, I also have the 60Hz screen and I read that is a requirements that the BIOS is unlocked, but some other people telling differently.

You don't need the unlocked bios for the 980m because it works fine with the 60hz screen. Only if you're upgrading to a gtx 1060/170 it's wise to get the unlocked bios.

Also according to the DELL page 7 beeps means an issue with the cpu, but since cpu's hardly die I think your motherboard might be dead, try taking the cpu out and put it back in to see what it does. 

https://community.dell.com/thread/2981

Hi all. I ordered a 980m, installed and in win10, it shows the 980m in device manager. However, even after modding the driver inf, and installing the driver, i am getting code 43 error and the card does not work. Am I missing some steps? (i am on A11 stock BIOS BTW).

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

So very surprised this thread is still active!!!! VERY GLAD

I'm currently on A12 looking to go to A13 but my battery is completely shot.

I have tried so far:

- Editing the platform.ini file

- Installing in WindowsPE

- Installing in FreeDOS

- /forceit command

and I am pulling my hair out.... Any wisdom?

TYSM IN ADVANCED!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, icebear1981 said:

I want to DL the Bios Files, but I get an error every time :

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Hello!

Read this:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 3 weeks later...