Guys, i need some advice.....

Several days before, i just lost my laptop display after repasting My GPU card process. I manage to get it back using removal of CMOS Battery process, and put it back. But now, the BIOS got back into it's default settings and I got problem everytime I went to switch the BIOS setting for set the primary display to PEG and for disabling the internal on board graphic setting. The screen go back to dark after I save the setting. Does that mean my 680m card have faulty since the display on my screen is always gone everytime I set that card as primary ?

45 minutes ago, B4n6k3 said:

Guys, i need some advice.....

Several days before, i just lost my laptop display after repasting My GPU card process. I manage to get it back using removal of CMOS Battery process, and put it back. But now, the BIOS got back into it's default settings and I got problem everytime I went to switch the BIOS setting for set the primary display to PEG and for disabling the internal on board graphic setting. The screen go back to dark after I save the setting. Does that mean my 680m card have faulty since the display on my screen is always gone everytime I set that card as primary ?

Yes, that is a good possibility. If it only began happening after repaste, try taking the GPU out of the socket, blow out any dust or lint in the MXM slot and reseat the GPU. If you're lucky it may just be a bad connection in the MXM slot.

On 1/4/2017 at 11:55 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, that is a good possibility. If it only began happening after repaste, try taking the GPU out of the socket, blow out any dust or lint in the MXM slot and reseat the GPU. If you're lucky it may just be a bad connection in the MXM slot.

Mr.Fox, thanks for the reply.

Try to do seat/reseating several times. Still the same problem. I will try to clean the GPU connector and MXM slot right now. Just still waiting about my compressed air can I ordered to arrive. Just two question mr.Fox, Any side effect to my system if I'm not switch back to PEG or disable the on board GPU ? or maybe I'm missing some feature ? I don't like using Optimus either, but seems like now I don't have a choice. And the 2nd question, Any tips about how to properly cleaning the golden GPU connector and the MXM slot ? I read quiet a lot of horror story about how fragile those parts is, how it's easy to bent,etc..etc... Beside, it's my first time doing this stuff, so any help is really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just use compressed air to blow out dust. That should generally be sufficient. If it is really extraordinarily filthy you can use electronics contact cleaner (spray can). I've never needed to use electronics cleaning spray on a computer.

Hahaha, don't worry man!! [emoji3] It's all readable, that's more than enough, cheers!!

Where are you@svl7, hope that you are doing well. I'll never forget that 2 years ago your vbios that makes my P570WM with 780's working better and more efficient. Thank you again. Wish you all the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a query about the thermal options. Are the fan settings for the CPU only? I installed this modded bios in the hope I can reduce my GPU fan speed without forcing the CPU fan speed down too. My GPU sits at 66c, were the GPU fan goes full throttle (installed a new 80W GPU). What do the options for TC1, TC2 and TSP do? I have used HWinfo to control the fans but it can only control both fans at once. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-05-28 at 9:00 PM, Smergubben said:

Were can I find bios a11 unlocked and program to fix it on my m17x r4

thank you

Or any other bios unlocked 

iv got grey arean on my bios

why do i have grey areas on my bios and cant lock it up?

Did you mange to fix the grey areas?

iv got grey areas :(

2 hours ago, Zoldago said:

Do you have all files you need copied to the usb? I think not.

You have to prepare the usb and then copy all necessary files to it, not only the bios.bin.

2 hours ago, Zoldago said:

You have to prepare the usb and then copy all necessary files to it, not only the bios.bin.

The prr2 starts but not the flash 

i wrote flash and get the info : bad command or filename

im noob so i want to learn

My usb looks like this :)

IMG_0900.JPG

Plus the prr2 iv put on the usb

3 hours ago, Zoldago said:

3 hours ago, Zoldago said:

The prr2 starts but not the flash 

i wrote flash and get the info : bad command or filename

im noob so i want to learn

Download a '[FPT]' labeled version of the unlocked BIOS. Put the DOS version of the flash tool on the root of the prepared USB stick (fpt.exe and fparts.txt), along with the prr.exe and the file you want to flash (plus the included flash.bat). .

• Restart the system and boot from your USB stick. Run prr.exe, then flash the bios by executing the flash.bat file. Wait until the tool completes the flash. If the verification is okay, reboot, else flash again..

Where is the fpt.exe, fparts.txt and prr.exe?

edit: if you want to learn you have to learn reading the instructions first :36_002:

edit 2: and if you dont know how to flash your bios I'm afraid you'll break your motherboard by making bad settings

Edited by Zoldago