What games are you playing? Post your list + screenshots/videos here.

Brian

• Founder

So what games are you playing right now? Since I'm in the process of doing my R3 review, I've got dirt 2, fuel, toca 3, metro 2033, l4d2, bf:bc2, homefront, gta iv, batman arkham asylum, and the starcraft 2 demo installed. I still would like to find another sci fi 3rd person game like mass effect 2 though, anyone have recommendations? I've heard good things about The Witcher.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I played The Witcher for a while. heard lots of good stuff about it but I remember it being quite buggy and that interfered with the gaming experience.

I am playing assassins creed brotherhood but that's on my PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I heard, The Witcher was quite buggy when first released, but the enhanced edition resolved most/all issues. It does seem to have a fairly large fan-base, so it might be good to include (I haven't played it myself, but plan to).

In the same genre, you could bench Dragon Age 2. It has a downloadable "texture-pack" and runs DX11. I'd be curious to see how it performs on the R3.

Trying to think of another good sci-fi title...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I'm currently benchmarking and playing Crysis 2. I started Bullestorm already as well. I'll post some photos and video snippets of both tomorrow. Lets get some pics guys!

Games currently playing are Medal Of Honor, Battlefield 2:Bad company 2, Atlantica Online(for the last 2 years) Combat Arms and waiting diligently for Battlefield 3.

I have to say that for the first time I am able to enjoy my games, the A07 patch finally fix my m17x-R1 display, I had Scan Lines so bad I felt I was playing in a 1960's philco TV whenever I played a Game plus the fans would be just going berserk.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing The Witcher 2, Baldur's Gate, Sacred2 Fallen Angel, Resident Evil4, L4D 2, Half Life, Mass E, HALO, Silent Hill, FIFA11+++++ ...Looking forward to Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City :) Always liked the re series, and the old ones from re1 to re3 is the best in my opinion! Think the multiplayer will be gr8 on operation Raccoon City, and like the intro of the game which'll come out late 2011.

link to 'Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City' :

1200P borderlands awesome Brian. Is that on a seperate display? Is that from R2, R3 or R3 seperate display? By the way I wish I had my R2 from before a time that I was working on overclocking and got a bluescreen error that hosed my operating system. I had a huge collection. I guarantee I'll miss one but the was Doom 3.

• 4 months later...

at the moment im trying to beat deus ex HR, but im getting burnt out (40+ hours in 3 days) so im taking a break so i dont get sloppy :) I also am playing Borderlands thanks to TMI and im on the verge of playing world in conflict (with soviat assault). Plenty to keep me busy :D

Borderlands is one of my favorite games of all time. My wife and I played it until the very end on coop. I usually don't finish many games as I get bored fast. I just really liked the world, the weapons and the graphics.

I purchased Rift during the summer camp sale and I just now (2 nights ago) made it to level 50 which is the highest level. You can earn prestige by playing pvp and tier status from dungeons/raids I think. I really like this game. I have tried loads of MMO's but i just didn't think they were worth paying for. Champions, dc online, conan (i liked it but...), Dungeons and Dragons online. Rift is just amazing.

I never tried Borderlands but might just give it a shot. Is it an RPG in the style of Fallout 3 / NV ?

Yeah pretty much, except the graphics have a really cool, semi-cartoon style that I like. Also, the leveling system is more emphasized and you don't have to be doing quests constantly, which is nice. I like that there is a bit of a challenge to it at times, with weapon ammo running low, and taking cover so your shields recharge and always aiming for those critical hits.

It's a lot of fun :)

I liked fallout newvegas, but it was essentially a revamp of fallout 3 (very simular). But it has enough new content to keep you busy 100 or so hours. Sadly the game has poor optimization, but i would recomend buying it off steam because its pretty cheap ($20) so its not going to set you back much if you dont like it. the only downsides i can think of to the game are as follows

1)Buggy (nothing game breaki:ng though)

2)not very optimized

3)a little too simular to fallout 3

Fallout NV is really cool I like it a lot, and yes is not very optimized but it is a game that will keep you busy for a while (a few DLC)

I think it is similar to STALKER, I mean in terms of large stages, many resources, puzzles, combat, arms ... the story is very different between the two of course...

fallout01-546x308.jpg

Edited by Nando

I had no problems with any Fallout. I think its overall the best game series I ever played. Right now I am going through the last DLC (Old World Blues). The quests in Fallout games are simply unmatched by any other game I think of, imo.

• Thumbs Up 1